Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    lvl90 hardmode 5 men dungeons are the Challenge Modes, not the Heroics.

I don't get how is this so hard to understand.
    Even the non-ultimate part of the game should be played and not facerolled.

I don't get how this is so hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Even the non-ultimate part of the game should be played and not facerolled.

I don't get how this is so hard to understand.
    There's a difference between "understanding" and "agreeing with".

We understand where you're coming from. We just don't (all) agree with you.

Your use of the word "understand", btw, is demeaning and insulting. You're saying that anyone who disagrees with you must not be understanding the situation. It's dismissive of personal preferences that diverge from your own as being due to ignorance or lack of intelligence, because obviously any intelligent person would agree with your self-evidently true assertion, right?
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2012-10-10 at 06:19 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    C H A L L E N G E M O D E. That's what you're looking for.

Well, i think the heroics are in a good place for what they're intended for: stuff you should be able to complete with four random other people, four people where you have no guarantees regarding gear and/or skill.

Considering the number of heroic-runs you need to make raiding-level of gear (LFR or otherwise), i don't really want those runs to become drag-on wipefests if just one person out of five is undergeared or unskilled (Something that happened with depressing frequency in early Cata), kicking the weakest player doesn't always help since the new player comes from the same player-pool as the one you just booted out.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are laughably easy, in my opinion.

Hitting 90, as a tank, and being able to jump in to them immediately and AoE pull the crap out of everything was really disappointing. I didn't want anything super difficult, but face rolling heroics as a new 90 is painfully boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    C H A L L E N G E M O D E. That's what you're looking for.
    Basically this. My group was looking to get a little better itemized before attempting a challenge mode but last night we said screw it and stepped in the dungeon, temple of the jade Serpent.

Extremely fun. Our first run we were 1 second off of bronze without looking at a single boss fight. Would have easily made it too if we had known that the three targets we CC'd before the Sha boss would be in combat with us after the CC broke.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're about what I expected. Heroics have always been easy with the exception of like 3 of them from the TBC era. Even last expansion's entry level heroics, meh, I dinged 85, bought 2 crafted pieces, and rolled over all of them with no wipes. I didn't understand when people said they were difficult. The MOP heroics feel about like WLK heroics to me, maybe slightly more difficult in a couple places. So it's pretty standard fare. Challenge modes feel awesome though. =)

Edit: And I should say that at the start of Cata I was just coming off an 8 month break and playing with some really casual friends as well. I imagine in a pure pug some of the mechanics in those heroics could have been frustrating.

OP:

Blizzard learned from the huge mistake of Cataclysm launch heroics and this time they made them fun and short again.
    This has been known for months already.
    If you had read ANYTHING about WoW in the last 6 months you would have know this.

Wrath hcs were to easy

People bitched and wanted harder ones

Cata came out, Heroics were to hard

People bitched,

Mop comes out with Wrath style heroics, people bitch its to easy,

Blizzard can't win
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I realize they were tuned for LFG PUGs, but even then they do seem a tad too easy to me even with challenge modes in there for the challenge end of things. Wrath heroics were actually pretty good and most people say too easy because they remember when LFG was introduced and people were soon in T9 running LFG heroics. At the start of Wrath, they were pretty well tuned, but were again not being run by random PUGs.

I think Wrath was pretty good in design for PUGs; they were only easy due to gear at the time LFG was introduced. Prior to that, they were a decent level of difficulty.
    Cataclysm they were a little too hard, especially doing it with PUGs.
    Mists of Pandaria feel a little too easy from the start. We're in quest greens and a blue here or there and still one shotting boss fights without having a clue what they do and just winging it.

But it's alright, I don't mind as I have found them fairly fun and they'll be faceroll when we're in better gear regardless.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-10 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Cataclysm heroics weren't even that hard. Just that one orc from Grim Batol with the dragon. Overall they were pretty much the same as WotLK, and they were just the right difficulty.

I would actually argue that the boss difficulty (except for a few exceptions) wasn't the difficult part of the Cata heroics. The trash is what was time consuming and potentially deadly. If they had the trash from MoP combined with the boss difficulty of Cata, I think they'd have a better formula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearlyConfused View Post
    They are easy because all of you chodes kept saying Cata heroics were too hard. So, they dumbed down heroics and made challenge modes the untouchable ones (hopefully).
    Aye, it's the cycle of QQ.

Wrath: "Heroics are too easy!"
    Cata: "Heroics are too hard!"
    MoP: "Heroics are too easy!"
    Next Expac: "Heroics are too hard!"

I remember the month after Cata released. "OMG Ozruk is too hard! Nerf him!" Or don't stand in his groundslam, idiot. "OMG Stonecore is so hard!" Use CC and focus the tank. Kick when mobs are casting. Use your brains. But of course, that's too hard for pugs so we reaped what we sowed.

Cata heroics really weren't that hard, its just that pugs were too damn impatient to actually take the time to do things properly besides LOLAOE.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Heroics in mop are very easy if you're not with a terrible group.

MoP nailed it concerning dungeons and raids.

LFD and LFR are super easy and fast as they should be. The novelty lasts only one time, the other 50+ times you're there are for gearing purposes only.

Challenge modes are great for players wanting coordinated play and reaching difficult faster times. Reward: vanity gear to show off.

Normal and HC raids for guilds with organized teamwork who have to adhere to tactics in order to succesfully complete a raid. Reward: more powerful stuff and mounts.

Perfect. As a casual player, I want to get stuff done fast and clean and accept lesser and fewer rewards. It's got something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Wrath hcs were to easy

People bitched and wanted harder ones

Cata came out, Heroics were to hard

People bitched,

Mop comes out with Wrath style heroics, people bitch its to easy,

Blizzard can't win
    first line is missing:

bc heroics were fine and they were the original implementation. but then lil' johnny wanted to be heroic too (QQ)

I am happy to be back at WOTLK levels. As a tank, I can que for a full pug and know that basically no matter who I get, I can finish the dungeon. One of the frustrating things in Cata, for me, was that DPS could do worse than just die. They get tagged by the fire elemental add, and run on top of me... stuff like that.

I wish Blizzard could design heroics that were difficult on the tank, but required nothing but dps from the dps. I am hoping ´proving grounds´ do that in a way. But other than that, I would prefer Blizzard not make heroic dungeons that require much of the dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I hit 90 yesterday on my Monk and immediately delved into a MoP heroic. I was a little scared going in, never having been to that particular dungeon before and in full quest greens.
    You had heroic ilvl requirement with full quest greens? Stopped reading there. Rest of the post is probably just as complete bs.

Deleted
    They're okay. They can be done easily and fast which serves their ultimate purpose: Loot fest. Want a challenge? Challenge modes are quite enjoyable and do require good team work and ability. Also, I did enjoy doing the "Glory" achievements and, even though Cata heroics were harder, the MoP glory did seem to take a bit "more" effort (but that may be due to how little gear we have atm). The meta "Cleaning up" is the new "Headed South".

They're not meant to be hard. They're simply a stepping stone into raids.

Challenge modes are the challenge. If you want one, go there. Otherwise, shut up.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.