Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SolaronTich View Post
    For T7 stuff, you should be just fine as Ret. You can throw on Seal of Insight if you're actually taking some damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    You can already solo those instances both as prot and ret, though ret does it way faster. Surviveability isn't an issue, you can just throw instant FoLs when you need to (assuming you run Selfless Healer). There's no need to use SoI at all.
    Thanks for the responses, i'll give it a try and see how I get on.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend keeps a save with Vezax killed on his alt, so he just extends the lockout, invites me, puts 25man, and then I enter, kill Yogg in 5 minutes and that's it. There's even no need for his alt to enter instance
    Thanks! Something I'll probably do at some point soon, for now I've still got achievements I want to get and then I'm 8/30 Val'anyr fragments so once I get those done I'll adapt to that method. I imagine I can do the same thing with ICC? I did the first 4 bosses on 10man normal thinking I could get to LK from there (swear I could) so I swapped to 25man and then to heroic. I couldn't get to LK. Then tried to turn it back to 10man normal and it just wouldn't let me, I could do 25man normal or 25man heroic. Bit confused how these locks work, am far out of the raiding scene (RIP in pepperonis) and I swear it used to be easier.

I could clear 11/12 or 13/14 on 10man normal and then swap up to 25heroic? I think? But not swap back down.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Need to do every boss (with the exception of Valithria if you're an engineer) - you can do these on 10 or 25man normal, or 25 man heroic ONLY, 10man heroic will screw your lockout, then you can do LK on 10N, 25N or 25H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Thanks! Something I'll probably do at some point soon, for now I've still got achievements I want to get and then I'm 8/30 Val'anyr fragments so once I get those done I'll adapt to that method. I imagine I can do the same thing with ICC? I did the first 4 bosses on 10man normal thinking I could get to LK from there (swear I could) so I swapped to 25man and then to heroic. I couldn't get to LK. Then tried to turn it back to 10man normal and it just wouldn't let me, I could do 25man normal or 25man heroic. Bit confused how these locks work, am far out of the raiding scene (RIP in pepperonis) and I swear it used to be easier.

I could clear 11/12 or 13/14 on 10man normal and then swap up to 25heroic? I think? But not swap back down.
    I used to have 10/12 lockout for ICC for my friend (we kept Lana'thel up since she's the quickest end-wing boss to kill), he just went in, killed her on 10m normal, left group and then procceeded to kill LK on 25h. You need to enter instance as 25m normal though, and switch to 25h inside.
    And you can switch freely between 10N, 25N and 25H. You would have to leave instance to switch between 10 and 25 though.

Before I started saving lockouts, I just did 11 bosses on 10m normal, then left instance, switched to 25m normal, got up to LK and turned 25H before engaging.

Deleted
    I used to have 10/12 lockout for ICC for my friend (we kept Lana'thel up since she's the quickest end-wing boss to kill), he just went in, killed her on 10m normal, left group and then procceeded to kill LK on 25h. You need to enter instance as 25m normal though, and switch to 25h inside.
    Why would you only do 10/12 when the friend can hold a 11/12 save just fine? Go in as the leader on 25N, switch to 25H, kill LK, receive mount.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be that, since Lana'thel 10N dies much quicker than Lich King 25H, the friend with the save doesn't have to stay in group as long. Best I can come up with.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

10+ Year Old Account
    been trying to solo h25 lich king as ret (538 ilvl 556 wep) but those raging spirits just own my ass. using divine storm glyph but it's not enough healing after 2 spirits are up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    been trying to solo h25 lich king as ret (538 ilvl 556 wep) but those raging spirits just own my ass. using divine storm glyph but it's not enough healing after 2 spirits are up.
    Could try the Harsh Words glyph for some extra ranged attacks against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    the raging spirits are those silencer guys. can't cast any wogs most of the time.

You tried just actually focusing them, saving CDs and using Devo when the first silence hits? A lot of them do miss you anyway, and with CDs you should be able to burst them to death. Use DP on CD of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ i'm going to try it like that. was focusing them just not really saving anything for them.

^ i'm going to try it like that. was focusing them just not really saving anything for them.
    Are you using EF? And are you keeping it up all the time (also try to recast EF when you have trinket up for snapshoting)? Also if you have 4p T16 it will help you alot, especially in combination with Divine Purpose. Also spam DP in intermission phase to reduce damage from LK's AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kllrv View Post
    Why would you only do 10/12 when the friend can hold a 11/12 save just fine? Go in as the leader on 25N, switch to 25H, kill LK, receive mount.
    If you do it my way friend doesnt even have to enter instance.

Has anyone tried Sha of Pride? I'm able to get him to about 30 mil, but just don't have the dps as prot to kill him. Maybe someone that is better at prot than me and has better gear could get him. You will need 185k dps to beat enrage, i'm about 30k dps off.

Are you standing at the edge of the platform, or standing in Remorseless Winter? Try the former at low gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Are you standing at the edge of the platform, or standing in Remorseless Winter? Try the former at low gear.
    on the edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoroth View Post
    Are you using EF? And are you keeping it up all the time (also try to recast EF when you have trinket up for snapshoting)? Also if you have 4p T16 it will help you alot, especially in combination with Divine Purpose. Also spam DP in intermission phase to reduce damage from LK's AoE.
    haven't been using EF. should i be? have been using the insta flash heals talent. unfortunately i only have 2 set t16.

10+ Year Old Account
    haven't been using EF. should i be? have been using the insta flash heals talent. unfortunately i only have 2 set t16.
    Eternal Flame > Selfless Healer when it comes to solo healing. You won't be using the super strong FoL on someone else so SH's useless when soloing. Well..., mostly. EF tends to give me better results when soloing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ actually, this makes a lot more sense to use especially considering how often the raging spirits have me silenced. pretty sure i've got this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostMMR View Post
    When you do it as ret are you in pure dps gear or some prot gear? Did some SSC the other night and did great until the one boss with 3 or 4 adds. Can't remember his name but got my butt handed to me.
    Kill adds first. Or bubble-zerg.

Came around looking for a thread to give more detail on my ret solo. I initially posted in the prot thread specifically for LK thinking that prot would be easier, but someone posted about sitting on the throne, so used that and finally downed him. Here's the details.

Talents
    Eternal Flame
    Unbreakable Spirit
    Sanctified Wrath
    Execution Sentence (macro'd to target player only)

Glyphs
    Avenging Wrath
    Divine Storm
    I used Templar's Verdict, but Exorcism may help a bit with damage.

Buffs
    275 Strength food
    Strength flask
    Runescroll of Fort (only had II available. 1% stam may not make a difference)
    Drums of Forgotten Kings
    BoM
    Drums of Rage
    Strength potion

- The most important thing is to park yourself beside the seat into the corner on the top of the throne and ignore traps and spheres. Either side of the seat works. You will be here most of the fight and only move around the rest of the platform for defile.
    - I'm ilvl 547 (I have 2pc with cleave and galakras trinkets, nothing better than 553 but my leg cloak) and beat enrage by about a minute and a half. I didn't pay attention to the timer, but according to my chat logs, 13m36s passed between Lich King's yell when freezing Tirion and Fury killing me.
    - Pre-pot with drums of rage. Potted again for the second drums in phase 3. (make sure you time pot/drums immediately after exiting Frostmourne the second time or beyond since you still have a Spirit up the first time)
    - Seal-swapping. Stay on Truth at the beginning as long as you can and focus on Horrors. You can either target swap to keep Censure on LK or swap to Right. I swapped to Insight during Winter, still next to throne seat, and focused on Spirits. The Spirit I'm on was usually in HoW range when a second one spawned. Keep EF up and pop Devo if you need to. Galakras trinket helps since I had glyphed AW available during both transitions, but I'm pretty sure it would be off CD then anyways. Go back to Truth once the last Spirit is dead, which is after the first Frostmourne visit.
    - I found the transitions to be the hardest due to the silence, but DS, AW, and Insight with EF up was more than enough. The silence is not up all the time, so watch your debuffs. I did not bubble at all and used LoH once on a bad infest during phase 2. Could've saved that with a FoL though. I used my ES macro whenever it was up, but for phase 3, I refreshed EF and popped ES right before each Frostmourne exit. Use DP every Vile attack.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2014-09-07 at 06:00 AM.