Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    I've started working on ICC 25 for the rest of my Shards (10 to go, ugh), and I was wondering if I could get some detailed advice on the fights. The comments I searched for weren't terribly helpful, tbh. Also recommended gear levels and talents if any in particular are needed for certain fights. So far I'm having issues with Gunship and Saurfang: Either he does too much dmg to me as Ret, or I can't out dps his healing as Prot. I'm guessing I need to run Sacred Shield for him. Tried bubbling off the debuff and I didn't notice it going away, so not sure on that. Gunship just way too much dmg to my ship in between having to kill adds, jump kill trolls, kill mage, then go back. I'm currently sitting at 493 gear, but was able to get Marrow and 2nd boss down without TOO much trouble, first as Prot 2nd as Ret.

Appreciate all the help guys, thanks!
    Gunship is easy to do in 25 heroic, All you need to do is not shoot the guys at the front of the ship with the cannon and they will not do anything until you actually jump out of the cannon to the other side. Saurfang just takes forever to do as prot, I tried doing it at 575 ilvl with focused shield and focused wrath and still took miles longer than doing it as ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there any specific talent build for retri paladin to efficiently solo old content ?

i think that druids with yseras gift, warriors with second wind and death knights with blood worms and deathstrike are way way better for soloing. prove me wrong, cuz im leveling a paladin that i want to become my main.

Both Selfless Healer and Eternal Flame work great for soloing, go Seal of Insight for the harder fights and you shouldn't have any survivability issues (well, some issues maybe, depending on gear and fight).

Blood Queen - very very tight dps race - with hc gear and heroism drums failed on 5M on 25HC (best attempt, need moar gear). On 25N it's still tight dps race. You'll just have to 10man it.
    Very doable on 25 HC, just bubble the initial bite, she won't try to bite you again and it becomes tank and spank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Very doable on 25 HC, just bubble the initial bite, she won't try to bite you again and it becomes tank and spank.
    Hah, never tried . Finished my SWM but ty, maybe ill go there again one day for bloodfall

Deleted
    Small update on Thorim 25 - countless attempts with just potion/speed of light always failed. Maybe I just can't time it right, maybe it's impossible, who knows. However, I finally dropped my bs (boooo) and got all those fancy engineering toys - it works flawlessly with nitro boost. Still tight window, but perfectly doable \o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinlea View Post
    Small update on Thorim 25 - countless attempts with just potion/speed of light always failed. Maybe I just can't time it right, maybe it's impossible, who knows. However, I finally dropped my bs (boooo) and got all those fancy engineering toys - it works flawlessly with nitro boost. Still tight window, but perfectly doable \o/
    Yep, I too found the only way to do Thorim 25 is with engineering. The timing is so tight even windwalker monks can't properly do it with their 440% speed leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    is there any specific talent build for retri paladin to efficiently solo old content ?

i think that druids with yseras gift, warriors with second wind and death knights with blood worms and deathstrike are way way better for soloing. prove me wrong, cuz im leveling a paladin that i want to become my main.
    Sacred Shield or Selfless healer is really all you need to do most content. Anything Pre ICC you'll be able to zerg down without even having to heal yourself.

Just managed Faction Champions on 25 HC - 32 minute fight (though I'm sure it could be done quicker). So much CC. >.<

I'm stuck on Anub'arak now, the adds are what's wrecking me, especially in phase 3. Any tips?

Deleted
    About Anub'arak not sure how it looks like in 5.4, facerolled it in 5.3 in prot, with not even very high vengeance.
    Gz for faction champs, had no patience for them then (maybe 535 was not enough tho), couldnt even kill single one before I was cc'ed and it was 100%hp again

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    About Anub'arak not sure how it looks like in 5.4, facerolled it in 5.3 in prot, with not even very high vengeance.
    Gz for faction champs, had no patience for them then (maybe 535 was not enough tho), couldnt even kill single one before I was cc'ed and it was 100%hp again
    You could wait for them to go oom.

Is heroic 25 ICC Lord Marrowgar just a dps race? Kill it before you get spiked?

Deleted
    You can do Faction Champions as Prot and just wait for them to oom. I tried 25H in 4.2, the highest healers were at 30% mana after 1h 40m but unfortunately the realms went down!

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Both Selfless Healer and Eternal Flame work great for soloing, go Seal of Insight for the harder fights and you shouldn't have any survivability issues (well, some issues maybe, depending on gear and fight).

With the minor detail that you probably have to be at least 545+ to handle her enrage hits. Tried this on 25N with 511 gear, and her enrage hits were too much despite Etern Flame and CDs. :P

So far I'm at about half the fights doable solo, LK certainly is not one of them. Festergut, Blood Queen, Saurfang also currently unkillable in 25N. Going to hope the trick on Gunship works where you just don't hit the axethrowers to get a good lead on dmg before mage. Do you suggest getting out to kill the adds that teleport over, or just burn till mage forces you out? For 25N or 25H gunship.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    With the minor detail that you probably have to be at least 545+ to handle her enrage hits. Tried this on 25N with 511 gear, and her enrage hits were too much despite Etern Flame and CDs. :P

So far I'm at about half the fights doable solo, LK certainly is not one of them. Festergut, Blood Queen, Saurfang also currently unkillable in 25N. Going to hope the trick on Gunship works where you just don't hit the axethrowers to get a good lead on dmg before mage. Do you suggest getting out to kill the adds that teleport over, or just burn till mage forces you out? For 25N or 25H gunship.
    I did 25N gunship (on my hunter) by killing ALL adds, on both ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusie View Post
    Is heroic 25 ICC Lord Marrowgar just a dps race? Kill it before you get spiked?
    Current aggro holder won't get spiked afaik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Current aggro holder won't get spiked afaik
    Nah, on heroic it's spiked during bonestorm
    Tried to outdps that once, got lucky proc from cloak that hit the spike few times but wasnt enough to kill it. Maybe some LH + lucky cloak proc, but don't remember how many times it spikes during the bonestorm. Would be easiest to bring him down before bonestorm spike, but no clue about numbers, skipping first 11 for a long long time..

Are any of the Baradin hold bosses solo-able by Ret?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Are any of the Baradin hold bosses solo-able by Ret?
    I actually haven't tried them in a while, but for Argaloth you'd have to burn him before the 2nd consuming darkness (whether as Prot or Ret) last I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Nah, on heroic it's spiked during bonestorm
    Tried to outdps that once, got lucky proc from cloak that hit the spike few times but wasnt enough to kill it. Maybe some LH + lucky cloak proc, but don't remember how many times it spikes during the bonestorm. Would be easiest to bring him down before bonestorm spike, but no clue about numbers, skipping first 11 for a long long time..
    DK's method is to place DnD just before the cast and/or use desiese applaing talent. May be it will work with consecration+sentence(for heal)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I actually haven't tried them in a while, but for Argaloth you'd have to burn him before the 2nd consuming darkness (whether as Prot or Ret) last I know.
    Nah I theorized back when it was relevant content that the boss would be solo tankable with enough dps as a paladin tank could, even back then, take at least 5 consuming darknesses without dying or external cooldowns. I recall this was the order: No CD, DP, GotAK, AD, DS, No CD, DP.