Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Hello,

I was able to solo H Stoneguard 10 months ago with 568 ilvl and BrM spec. Consequently, this is clearly possible with your gear.
    Just a few tips for help :
    Talents used were Tiger's Lust / Chi Wave / Ascension / irrelevant / Diffuse Magic / Rushing Jade Wind. Glyphs were Guard / Enduring Healing Spheres / Fortuitous Spheres (the 3 strongest glyphs for soloing in most of the situations).

About the encounter, it's a funny mix between DPS and Survival. DPS must be at around 500k to beat the enrage, but it's possible to squeeze a few seconds upon the enrage at the end. Now, there's two tremendously important points :
    1) ALWAYS keep running while activating the squares on the floor. Iirc I had 100 stacks for the first fade out, 130 for the second, and 100 at the end. The more you have, the more damages you will deal. Making a rotation of speed CDs (nitro boost / Tiger's Lust) is essential. Also, use these speed CDs at the lower rate of petrification as possible. The more the bar is full, the more you'll be slowed.
    2) CDs are timed. Never use them as reactive abilities.

How to perform the CD rotation :
    1st explosion = DM
    2nd explosion = FB + Avert Harm
    3rd explosion = DM
    4th explosion = roll => ZM
    5th explosion = DM
    6th explosion = FB + AH
    7th explosion = DM
    8th explosion = ZM
    9th explosion = DM
    10th explosion = just Guard and keep FB + AH to squeeze DPS on the enrage
    if you can beat the enrage, just use FB + AH on the 10th.

Then, your glyphed Guard must always be up for the explosion. Just play with timing.

Not that much to say. With 568 ilvl, I encountered 245 wipes (always around 10% enrage - boss ends at 1.5%).
    This boss isn't that easy. Best of luck

+8bithamster

Theorically, everything in BWD and BoT 10 man normal should be possible with 553 ilvl as WW monk.
    Actually, when I did a shot, it was all feasible with 463 ilvl and BrM spec.

Cho'Gall and Nefarian may require a tank spec though.
    Any ideas or suggestions for how to tackle the stone guard bosses? My buddies and I are all around 540 ilvl with our characters and we want to starting delving into the the MSV raid particularly that first boss. But, we got absolutely train wrecked our first attempted but it was because we didn't really know the strat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Quick question:

553 WW monk, should I be able to solo BWD or BoT 10 man normal?
    Should be able to absolutely destroy both. My buddy and I, our alts, ilvl 500 warlocks just duo'd both of those with so much ease we were actually laughing about it. So yeah, you should be good to destroy both those places easily. Have fun!

Deleted
    Done Elegon in 580+ gear, enrage is tight, last week I did only 2 sets of ads each time, this week I got him upto 8 stacks, you can't do the old bypass enrage mechanic even the 50% transition wont stop so it's just a dps race now which is quite fun and less time consuming, I recommend drums at the start, although this may not be optimal, it's worked for me so far, no wipes other than trying to bypass enrage mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Enpoli View Post
    I thought you couldn't cast while you're being held? I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if we could do it if we pre-cast Xuen and had him break us out.
    Its not that you cant cast wen gripped, its wen u get gripped you arent facing the tentacle, so any sort of aoe or attack that doesnt need a target works. A.k.a spinning crane kick or expel harm which have already been mentioned

Deleted
    Just some little soloing news from the wonderful lands of Pandas (that should go under radar in approximately 2 weeks):

- Normal (Flex) Immerseus
    - Normal (Flex) Fallen Protectors (waoutch)
    - Heroic Blade Lord Ta'yak
    - Tortos
    - Magaera
    - Heroic Ji-Kun
    - Wind Lord Mel'Jarak
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2014-11-02 at 01:20 AM. Reason: update

Brewmaster since 6.0, and I just slaughter stuff..

only difficulties so far:

Sinestra at 554 is difficult.
    Spine is a bitch with 2 people (generally do DS with my wife)
    Rest is easy as hell. I love Brewmaster <3

Are you doing spine heroic or norm?

I have found that putting my statue up in the middle by the plate will gather all the bloods and then i just sit and wait in the tether. Once you have 9 at your statue, kill a corruption, SCK to kill the bloods, dismiss statue, run the mob over them. Rinse and repeat. THe only tricky part is running the mob over them back and fourth and making sure he doesn't roll by switching sides often enough.

Deleted
    Love how it's possible to solo a lot of fights as windwalker.
    Just cleared Firelands 10hc as WW, and was doubting if I could do Baleroc. I could and it was a breeze.

This has me still puzzled though...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Spine is far, far easier alone than with a group of 2. No grasp from tentacles + 10s roll warning.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    Love how it's possible to solo a lot of fights as windwalker.
    Just cleared Firelands 10hc as WW, and was doubting if I could do Baleroc. I could and it was a breeze.

This has me still puzzled though...
    Afaik it's a bug caused by this ability

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99389

Deleted
    Managed to solo Stone Guards 10 man Normal as MW the other day. It was actually quite difficult in terms of the amount of damage dealt to me/stance switching to heal the damage, using CD's for the overloads as well as it being tight on the enrage timer. I nearly messed up at the end when I didn't Diffuse the the first tick of the last overload, but I was lucky to survive it and get the kill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEAt_sBc1A

Quote Originally Posted by Krobie View Post
    Managed to solo Stone Guards 10 man Normal as MW the other day. It was actually quite difficult in terms of the amount of damage dealt to me/stance switching to heal the damage, using CD's for the overloads as well as it being tight on the enrage timer. I nearly messed up at the end when I didn't Diffuse the the first tick of the last overload, but I was lucky to survive it and get the kill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEAt_sBc1A
    Would you mind sharing the strategy on this boss? It's been awhile since I've raided there so I can't remember the jist of it. My buddies and I who are all around 550 want to run it with 3 or 4 of us but we got destroyed the couple times we tried it and I think it was because no one knew the mechanics of the fight.

Quick info about lvl100 MoP soloing:

5/6 MSV doable in hour or less. Did not give many attempts on last boss, since his swing phase was heavily RNG dependant.
    Hardest of all was (surprisingly) Gara'jal. Soul Dance, glyphed Guard and healing elixirs did the trick (also with pots, tonics, bl, ...) and he died relatively easily in 3.5min. I'd say that anything above that is hardly surviveable.
    Elegon was a breeze, killed on first try. Even managed to kill 4 phases of orbs with smart Keg Smashes killing half of them every time. Probably would do more with Chi Burst, since Chi Wave killed them with one crit. Destacking was easy, but probably not needed. There were 4mins left to enrage on kill .

Also managed to do 2/12 ToT (not very experienced here).
    Jin'rokh was a pain in the a**. Though Black Ox Statue made Thundering Throw easy, he did not despawn and the statue took the next Static Burst, his magic damage from high Static Wounds and Focused Lightnings was too high while standing in the pool. Even with my high haste/multistrike dps gear i could not manage to heal through. Chose the lazy strat, killing him every time outside of pool except the first Static Burst (statue) and he died before the 4th Storm.
    Horridon. I thought he would be much easier, since there is almost no magic dmg (we are experts for physical). Oh god i was so wrong. 35 stacks was the peak of manageable surviving without cds. Used a lot of ToD on adds (each of the pair of harder adds), Xuen on third gate and Jal'ak. Few times dinomancer bugged out and did not drop the orb. Mastery and Armor elixirs, mastery food, unglyphed guard, HE and Serenity (used after each closed gate for high amount of shuffle).
    Council?...lol, not possible. Maybe with Highmaul gear, will give a try next week

Pretty impressed how far i could go with dps gear, with Mastery/Bonus Armor + Versatility it would be a lot easier. Happy mount hunting in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Enpoli View Post
    Can WW solo Yogg 0-Light? I'm mostly worried about the tentacle that holds you up in the air.
    Don't know if this is of any use by now but..soloing yogg 0 as WW is a hell of alot easier compared to BrM or atleast it was in MoP, no idea what it's like in WoD.
    Go with RJW, spin spin down the tentacles, interrupt Apathy ( the slow) if not, go with Diffuse Magic so you can clear it.
    Brain phase zerg easy enough.
    The fun part comes into play in phase 3, where you simply abuse your storm, earth and fire on Yogg and aoe the adds away from him so he doesn't get healed, yogg will get grinded down with your SEF clone, remember to recast SEF if the clone dies

??

Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Drenni View Post
    Quick info about lvl100 MoP soloing:

5/6 MSV doable in hour or less. Did not give many attempts on last boss, since his swing phase was heavily RNG dependant.
    Hardest of all was (surprisingly) Gara'jal. Soul Dance, glyphed Guard and healing elixirs did the trick (also with pots, tonics, bl, ...) and he died relatively easily in 3.5min. I'd say that anything above that is hardly surviveable.
    Elegon was a breeze, killed on first try. Even managed to kill 4 phases of orbs with smart Keg Smashes killing half of them every time. Probably would do more with Chi Burst, since Chi Wave killed them with one crit. Destacking was easy, but probably not needed. There were 4mins left to enrage on kill .

Also managed to do 2/12 ToT (not very experienced here).
    Jin'rokh was a pain in the a**. Though Black Ox Statue made Thundering Throw easy, he did not despawn and the statue took the next Static Burst, his magic damage from high Static Wounds and Focused Lightnings was too high while standing in the pool. Even with my high haste/multistrike dps gear i could not manage to heal through. Chose the lazy strat, killing him every time outside of pool except the first Static Burst (statue) and he died before the 4th Storm.
    Horridon. I thought he would be much easier, since there is almost no magic dmg (we are experts for physical). Oh god i was so wrong. 35 stacks was the peak of manageable surviving without cds. Used a lot of ToD on adds (each of the pair of harder adds), Xuen on third gate and Jal'ak. Few times dinomancer bugged out and did not drop the orb. Mastery and Armor elixirs, mastery food, unglyphed guard, HE and Serenity (used after each closed gate for high amount of shuffle).
    Council?...lol, not possible. Maybe with Highmaul gear, will give a try next week

Pretty impressed how far i could go with dps gear, with Mastery/Bonus Armor + Versatility it would be a lot easier. Happy mount hunting in WoD
    O_O

How did you solo MSV that well. Do you mind linking your armory? I'm stacking mastery/crit, but I'm contemplating on going mastery/versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    O_O

How did you solo MSV that well. Do you mind linking your armory? I'm stacking mastery/crit, but I'm contemplating on going mastery/versatility.
    Sure thing : eu battle net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Cutieface/advanced (replace spaces with dots). Every boss died on first pull and trash is extremely easy, only hard part was that Gara'jal who took a few tries. With a clear run, i expect i to be about 45min max.

Deleted
    Even managed to kill 4 phases of orbs with smart Keg Smashes killing half of them every time.
    Just wondering if you were using Glyph of Keg Smash for the increased range, or was regular Keg Smash enough?

Sure thing : eu battle net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Cutieface/advanced (replace spaces with dots). Every boss died on first pull and trash is extremely easy, only hard part was that Gara'jal who took a few tries. With a clear run, i expect i to be about 45min max.
    Yeah I give up with MoP stuff, garajal isn't possible at this gear level unless you have healing pots and a lust. I get him to about 35% ish and those shadow bolts are in such large number nothing can stop it.

Tried terrace and I can get the first protector down, takes far too long though, not really sure what to do here other than gear. I'm not a complete scrub, but its a little hard to believe their soloing platform is based on future gear. Not so much I guess hard to believe, but I dislike it so much. I hate power spikes like that being taken away.

Completely off-topic, at least I can get the first two in MSV down...

...yay

Deleted
    The Keg Smash glyph seems to be a huge noob trap. It does NOT increase the spread range, but the initial cast range(10y with the glyph). It still has uses, at least kind of, as you can KS a little but earlier when running into a pack.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Just wondering if you were using Glyph of Keg Smash for the increased range, or was regular Keg Smash enough?
    Regular was enough, but you have to use it as soon as possible.

Deleted
    It seems this thread is falling into oblivion.
    Anyway, here is the previous progress I made :

- Heroic Bloodmaul Slag Mines 4/4
    - Heroic Iron Dock 4/4

- Heroic Protectors of Endless
    - Tsulong
    - Lei Shi
    - Heroic Elegon
    - Heroic Will of the Emperor
    - Heroic Garalon
    - Heroic Wind Lord Mel'Jarak
    - Heroic Horridon
    - Council of Elders
    - Heroic Tortos
    - Heroic Magaera
    (recall, Heroic SoO = previous Normal SoO)
    - Heroic Immerseus
    - Heroic Fallen Protectors
    - Heroic Norushen

A lot of things are, obviously, still remaining.