Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Capped at 30 and soloed dungeons available at LFG.
    Gnomeregan - was cakewalk all the way.
    Scarlet Monastery - lower wing was easy. upper wing cleared with one wipe on Brother Carloff since I pulled him with a pack of monks.
    Razorfen Kraul - it was a challenge. First 2 bosses were easy. Roogug overseer wiped me several times. At first i tried to kill his totems but I couldnt kill him in time before running out of every cooldown and energy. Then I tried to all in on him after killing adds and it worked out on second try. Warlord Ramtusk was even harder. He and his minions deal tons of dmg and you cant kill fast neither of them. Have to be very precise with defensive cooldowns. Killed on 4th try I think. Last boss Chargla was easier, killed her on first pull. But it was fun intense battle.
    Maraudon - is crazy at 30. Every mob is elite 6-9 levels above you. Most of them move in packs and deal so much dmg you have to kite them constantly. But I managed to beat few bosses in Caverns: Tinkerer Gizlock, Lord Vylet, Meshlock the Harvester, Razorlash. All fights except Gizlock were intense and I wiped couple of times on Lord Vylet since he pulled with few adds and if he stuns you when you have lower then 70% its over. Noxxion I couldnt beat and it wasnt even close. Insane damage, health, tons of adds. I run out of cooldowns before he hits 60%. Maybe with better gear, I still have some blues from level 20 dungeons.
    I also tried Princess side. Managed to fight my way to Landslide. Couldnt tank tresh but could kite them between keg smashes. But 2 giants guarding Landslide rekt me. They are immune to snare and hit very hard even through defences. I think they are doable with bis gear, buffs and careful planning, but I had neither of those my first visit.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2015-07-15 at 08:01 AM.

So didn't find this anywher, thought I'd post it here.

Went to solo Kazzak. Didn't end up killing him, didn't have any consumables or anything, but will probably do him tomorrow night.

Having T18 4pc made him kind of a joke, was able to take him below 50% with SDI as a trinket.
    Didn't have up to date bigwigs, so didn't know which skills where incoming. From what I saw, you basically only need to survive his casts of fel breath.

Most of the time, a decent guard will do the trick since fel breath doesn't stack beyond one debuff. However, sometimes he chains two abilities and you have very low resolve after his channels. Keep dampen harm/fort brew for those occasions where you think your guard could be too little. Last resort, ZenMed. Keep in mind Breath is fire damage, Diffuse magic doesn't work against it.
    Other than that, don't slack under 50% HP for too long - his auto hits do deal some damage. However, maximize your expel harming to get as many guards as possible, this boss is still some sort of healing requirement (was at 40-60k quite easily though).
    If you have SDI, use Elusive Brew during the 100% damage buff and profit.

Probably not very useful to the typical reader of this thread but might as well put it here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pandanaconda View Post
    snip

I tried this yesterday and got him down to 5% before one Blood dk and priest came and tagged him
    but i did take him frmo 95-5% solo and i killed him so basically it took me around 9 minutes in an average time.
    Was fun i did have 4 set on T18 and used Diff magic as an emergency, i made sure to be around 100 energy most of the time when i knew that his abilties would hurt so i could get myself up asap

Pretty much what I was doing. Found diffuse magic useless so I ran DH.
    9 mintues seems pretty short. I was only doing 45-50k dps so it was gonna take me 14minutes or so.

Alright so I'm in need of assistance against Duru. I'm sitting at 686, and I can manage to live all the way to life drain, but I can't seem to get him down below 47%.

I watched the video that was linked but somehow they're doing way more damage than I am with less Ilvl. I'm using runescroll, self buffs, agi tokens, food (tried both fel bolts, and crit), and even drums, but I'm just not managing it. I've tried using the talents used in the video, but it's just not working. The only thing I didn't have on the attempts were the armor potions for each pull, but otherwise I had everything else.

Is there something to fight I'm missing?

This is my armory...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkofunk/simple

I like leech, and am trying to get into normal mode HFC for better gear/set bonus's in case that's what I'm missing, but I haven't managed it yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Supreme Lord Kazzak(full length!) with explanation of the fight's mechanics and how to deal with them. Excuse my poor ChiEx play, I usually only play that for DPSwhoring normal runs.

Did you make that WA that shows a white circle with the guard amount remaining underneath it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Italyguy08 View Post
    Did you make that WA that shows a white circle with the guard amount remaining underneath it?
    It's from Slootbag's WA collection

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    Alright so I'm in need of assistance against Duru. I'm sitting at 686, and I can manage to live all the way to life drain, but I can't seem to get him down below 47%.

I watched the video that was linked but somehow they're doing way more damage than I am with less Ilvl. I'm using runescroll, self buffs, agi tokens, food (tried both fel bolts, and crit), and even drums, but I'm just not managing it. I've tried using the talents used in the video, but it's just not working. The only thing I didn't have on the attempts were the armor potions for each pull, but otherwise I had everything else.

Is there something to fight I'm missing?

This is my armory...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkofunk/simple

I like leech, and am trying to get into normal mode HFC for better gear/set bonus's in case that's what I'm missing, but I haven't managed it yet.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Hello there!

Well, as far I can recall, I managed to solo Durumu with 679ilvl, but it was mainly due to lucky RNG. With 690ilvl (so on later attempts), the boss was killed systematically.
    Again, Durumu is - and mainly is - a DPScheck. That means that you must have the 31k-32kDPS requirement to kill the boss before the lifedrain.
    Here are just a few things that I've seen and that worry me :
    * You're gear isn't well optimized (mastery, crit, haste, multistrike ?) It's like a rainbow of stats . When I killed the boss, it was with a Crit > Multistrike gear (so DPS optimization).
    * About Trinkets, if I cannot really argue with the first Kazzak trinket (leech, speed, avoidance - the leech is the only interesting stat here), you should replace the second with something like the one on Hans'gar and Franzok (something with BA activation anyway).
    * Use some BA pot. Do not underestimate them, they're a huge DPS/survival up.
    * Normal tips then, like don't forget you can use Xuen twice on Durumu, abuse of your Tiger Palm, refresh Zen Sphere at the exact moment it explodes, and so on...

About Leech, it's only a bonus stat. It won't be that efficient if you cannot do a lot of DPS (and even without), it's not that mandatory.
    Monk BrM is all about seeing the damages coming, in order to foresee the use of EH instead of Jab - and thus the management of the energy.

Also, with lost approximately 4% DPS with all the shitty whining ''Monk does too much damages'' nerfs (only the case in AoE). Take them in consideration, as I recommend 685ilvl+ to defeat Durumu, with a perfect gameplay/Crit>Multistrike=Versa or Multistrike>Versa>Crit optimization.

It's quite a tough one, so good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Hello there!

Well, as far I can recall, I managed to solo Durumu with 679ilvl, but it was mainly due to lucky RNG. With 690ilvl (so on later attempts), the boss was killed systematically.
    Again, Durumu is - and mainly is - a DPScheck. That means that you must have the 31k-32kDPS requirement to kill the boss before the lifedrain.
    Here are just a few things that I've seen and that worry me :
    * You're gear isn't well optimized (mastery, crit, haste, multistrike ?) It's like a rainbow of stats . When I killed the boss, it was with a Crit > Multistrike gear (so DPS optimization).
    * About Trinkets, if I cannot really argue with the first Kazzak trinket (leech, speed, avoidance - the leech is the only interesting stat here), you should replace the second with something like the one on Hans'gar and Franzok (something with BA activation anyway).
    * Use some BA pot. Do not underestimate them, they're a huge DPS/survival up.
    * Normal tips then, like don't forget you can use Xuen twice on Durumu, abuse of your Tiger Palm, refresh Zen Sphere at the exact moment it explodes, and so on...

About Leech, it's only a bonus stat. It won't be that efficient if you cannot do a lot of DPS (and even without), it's not that mandatory.
    Monk BrM is all about seeing the damages coming, in order to foresee the use of EH instead of Jab - and thus the management of the energy.

Also, with lost approximately 4% DPS with all the shitty whining ''Monk does too much damages'' nerfs (only the case in AoE). Take them in consideration, as I recommend 685ilvl+ to defeat Durumu, with a perfect gameplay/Crit>Multistrike=Versa or Multistrike>Versa>Crit optimization.

It's quite a tough one, so good luck
    Thanks! I'll def keep trying. About my gear I feel I should be honest. I just hit 100, and have about 20 hours played at level cap so it's not what I"m going for so much as it's just what I ended up getting(got both trinkets from Supreme in the only go I've had at him). I've stocked up on pots as well of the BA variety.

I'm currently using Blackrock, but do you think I should swap to Thunderlords (I think) for the crit proc, or no.

Leech has saved me a few times though so I'm very much liking it. It helped me tank Immerseus enrage for like 6 minutes while I slowly whittled down puddles. I won't neglect crit for it, but I mean I do like it.

I seriously doubt a few percentage points of Leech would change much when tanking Immerseus' enrage. 5k healing ticks won't save you from 40k+ melees and 300k+ Corrosive Blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    It's from
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    I seriously doubt a few percentage points of Leech would change much when tanking Immerseus' enrage. 5k healing ticks won't save you from 40k+ melees and 300k+ Corrosive Blasts.
    Considering I dropped to literally 1% (780)health at some point early on in the enrage it actually totally did save me. That, and taking DM so I didn't die to a 2nd stack of CB.

People knock it, but I've found leech to be incredibly good to me. Could just be a personal thing though.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2015-07-20 at 09:12 PM.

Sorry for the FAQ, is there any soloing guides such as how to gear and rotations and so forth (not boss fights). I am soloing old content and generally on my lock its pretty easy due to the pet, but I also have a decently geared monk (645 ilvl), and I only tried first boss on BoT and died easily due to taking too much damage / lack of heals. I was in dps spec (can't remember spec name sorry). Anyway...What spec should I be in? What is the key takeaway? I also have brewmaster as a secondary spec and i think i'm decent at it. Should I use that spec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    Sorry for the FAQ, is there any soloing guides such as how to gear and rotations and so forth (not boss fights). I am soloing old content and generally on my lock its pretty easy due to the pet, but I also have a decently geared monk (645 ilvl), and I only tried first boss on BoT and died easily due to taking too much damage / lack of heals. I was in dps spec (can't remember spec name sorry). Anyway...What spec should I be in? What is the key takeaway? I also have brewmaster as a secondary spec and i think i'm decent at it. Should I use that spec?
    Basically, you'd prefer the BrewMaster spec. Not that Windwalker is terrible, but doesn't offer the same Survivability as BrM.
    About Brewmaster spec, you should know that :
    - Keg Smash should be used whenever available.
    - Blackout Kick / Chi Explosion (talent) to spend your Chi (or Guard for the survival).
    - Spam Tiger Palm whenever you don't have enough energy.
    - Expel Harm to heal you (spam whenever under 35% Health).
    With those 4 basics, you should be able to do everything in Cataclysm (+ some bosses from MoP).

+Invisibelt

Personally, I prefer to go for Blackrock instead of Thunderlord. BA > Crit regarding DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Basically, you'd prefer the BrewMaster spec. Not that Windwalker is terrible, but doesn't offer the same Survivability as BrM.
    About Brewmaster spec, you should know that :
    - Keg Smash should be used whenever available.
    - Blackout Kick / Chi Explosion (talent) to spend your Chi (or Guard for the survival).
    - Spam Tiger Palm whenever you don't have enough energy.
    - Expel Harm to heal you (spam whenever under 35% Health).
    With those 4 basics, you should be able to do everything in Cataclysm (+ some bosses from MoP).
    Just wanted to say thanks very much! I'm taking this to heart, i'll see how it goes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    If you have problems with self-heal as a WW, leech helps a lot, especially in pre-MoP-content. If you have the possibility, you can try to get some Kazzak kills and get the trinket with agi/tertiary stats on it. Another thing that really helps are Healing Elixirs (talent). Note that the first boss in BoT has a healing debuff which stacks to 99% iirc (not sure though), so it's still: kill him before he kills you.
    But, as others said, if you're open about the specs, Brewmaster is generally better at soloing old stuff. It's a bit slower on most bosses, but a lot safer.

[e] I've read a lot about BrM being able to solo the first few bosses of ToT, though nothing for WWs. Has anyone tried it as a WW? Probably Xuen / SEF can be used on Jinrokh to avoid the reset, and on the third boss to avoid the stun / offtank the adds. I'm asking because I usually have to keep MW as a secondary spec, because I have to heal a lot in HFC.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2015-07-23 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Heroic Durumu Down.
    12/13H ToT so far (Ra-den Ra-den...).
    Ilvl 700.

Any chance we're able to solo Ordos yet?

Edit:
    Probably not, since my terrible mathskills tell me we need to maintain 63,6k dps to beat enrage.
    Last edited by Metaslave; 2015-07-26 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Heroic Grand Empress Shek'Zeer down.
    5/6H HoF.
    Ilvl 701.
    Normal + Heroic Amber'sok and Heroic Sha of Fear are the only T14 bosses remaining so far.