Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Well, I still have a few informations to obtain in order to complete the Dragon Soul NM requirements, but still, I think it's enough to share it more as a tool of what's feasible or not than a clear indications of what to do here or here...
    Also, I heavily took inspiration from the DK's googledoc, so, I would thank Mionee particularly, but also each person who gave datas for complete this.

Here's the Monk's googledoc :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Those are nice achievements, quick question:
    Do you use Brewmaster for all of those? Cause I tried MagMaw as WW with 507ilvl (519 now) and I got pounded really badly D:
    I want to get leggendaries that monk is able to get, just not sure what spec should I solo with, any encounter specific ones?

I noticed it's possible to solo all celestials, spec and ilvl? Might not have the raid to kill them for my monks cloak :/
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Those are nice achievements, quick question:
    Do you use Brewmaster for all of those? Cause I tried MagMaw as WW with 507ilvl (519 now) and I got pounded really badly D:
    I want to get leggendaries that monk is able to get, just not sure what spec should I solo with, any encounter specific ones?

I noticed it's possible to solo all celestials, spec and ilvl? Might not have the raid to kill them for my monks cloak :/
    BrM is the reference spec since it's the most relevant taking in consideration the survival.
    - About Magmaw, since it's a Cataclysm boss, we do consider the BrM as stronger. The fact the gear is close enough from WW spec shouldn't annoy you. The ilvl written (460+ in the case of Magmaw), is, more or less, a limit to the encounter. I do practice the encounters with a reference ilvl 463 for making estimations about what min/max ilvl is required.
    - About legendaries, since it's mainly raids before Cata, it's possible to solo them with a WW spec (faster and easier in most cases) : BT/Uldu... Yeah maybe Uldu 25 should be done with a BrM spec, before having a decent gear (550+ for WW it, 515+ for BrM), cuz there's quite a strong amount of HPs/damages/abilities... Yogg still requires a very strong ilvl in comparison with the rest (smthg like 550+ for Brm/ 560+ for WW). All really old stuff (MC/BT...) is really very doable regardless of the spec used.
    - About the Celestials, it's only BrM spec, and it's at 550+/560+ ilvl. I should add though, would avoid misunderstanding . Maybe MW at higher ilvl, but I still don't play enough my MW spec to tell with certitude .

10+ Year Old Account
    BrM is the reference spec since it's the most relevant taking in consideration the survival.
    - About Magmaw, since it's a Cataclysm boss, we do consider the BrM as stronger. The fact the gear is close enough from WW spec shouldn't annoy you. The ilvl written (460+ in the case of Magmaw), is, more or less, a limit to the encounter. I do practice the encounters with a reference ilvl 463 for making estimations about what min/max ilvl is required.
    - About legendaries, since it's mainly raids before Cata, it's possible to solo them with a WW spec (faster and easier in most cases) : BT/Uldu... Yeah maybe Uldu 25 should be done with a BrM spec, before having a decent gear (550+ for WW it, 515+ for BrM), cuz there's quite a strong amount of HPs/damages/abilities... Yogg still requires a very strong ilvl in comparison with the rest (smthg like 550+ for Brm/ 560+ for WW). All really old stuff (MC/BT...) is really very doable regardless of the spec used.
    - About the Celestials, it's only BrM spec, and it's at 550+/560+ ilvl. I should add though, would avoid misunderstanding . Maybe MW at higher ilvl, but I still don't play enough my MW spec to tell with certitude .
    Thank you for swift reply and clarification
    Also, any trick for doing SWP Dragon boss?
    As for BT, on ROS use xuen with line of sight trick?

What are your thoughts for WoD, when they change Xuen to 10s duration of 45s as it is now, will soloing change?

What are your thoughts for WoD, when they change Xuen to 10s duration of 45s as it is now, will soloing change?
    I can't find anything on any site that describes Xuen reduced to a 10 second duration. The wowhead alpha and beta pages still show him as being up for 45 seconds.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-07-04 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    I can't find anything on any site that describes Xuen reduced to a 10 second duration. The wowhead alpha and beta pages still show him as being up for 45 seconds.
    Perhaps I misread and the person was just wishing it:
    Unrelated note: http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/123904-...he-white-tiger Xuen with a 10 second duration, some much needed condensing of damage into a shorter time frame.
    From http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...scussion/page6

Perhaps I misread and the person was just wishing it:

From http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...scussion/page6
    The post is from Total, and he's rarely one to be wrong. Something to keep in mind is that that post is from 3 months ago, which was fairly early in the alpha. It could have been something that was datamined from an early alpha build where the devs were toying around with the idea. In its current incarnation in the beta, it lasts for 45 seconds.

Deleted

Kalecgos or Felmyst ? Since Kalecgos has been corrected since a while, I suppose you mean Felmyst (3rd boss). This one requires not to stay in the green breath or you'll get MC = death (during flight phase).

Otherwise, I don't like doing theorycraft before getting direct datas from the beta (which I don't have yet); this is, imo, pointless to infer from what we do ignore.
    About Xuen, if this change happens (not enough clear informations currently), I would see it both as a bane and a boon, cuz sometimes we do need burst, and sometimes we do need an assist taunt...
    Too early for forecasting anyway .

10+ Year Old Account
    Kalecgos or Felmyst ? Since Kalecgos has been corrected since a while, I suppose you mean Felmyst (3rd boss). This one requires not to stay in the green breath or you'll get MC = death (during flight phase).

Otherwise, I don't like doing theorycraft before getting direct datas from the beta (which I don't have yet); this is, imo, pointless to infer from what we do ignore.
    About Xuen, if this change happens (not enough clear informations currently), I would see it both as a bane and a boon, cuz sometimes we do need burst, and sometimes we do need an assist taunt...
    Too early for forecasting anyway .
    Was talking about Kalecgos, since he would despawn if you enter portal, I believe?
    Didn't know he was fixed, thank you

Deleted
    Now it's been done, and for the efforts involved here, I think relevant the sharing of this.

Solo Twin Consorts (yep ToT 5/12 soloed !) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DuTW2w9JJw

10+ Year Old Account
    Now it's been done, and for the efforts involved here, I think relevant the sharing of this.

Solo Twin Consorts (yep ToT 5/12 soloed !) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DuTW2w9JJw
    That's nice
    So I tried Magmaw just now, didn't have enough DPS with 519ilvl :X or I'm just bad as BrM wiped at 20% from 470k hit, guess he enraged?

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    For RoS in BT I assume the trouble comes from 2nd phase, pop ToK and just rail the boss. Run Chi Wave also since in 1v1s Chi Wave heals for SO MUCH.

Ros has been hotfixed earlier this expansion so he doesnt cast that stun nearly as much as he did last expansion which used to be the main problem. Hes quite doable with no special mechanics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Ros has been hotfixed earlier this expansion so he doesnt cast that stun nearly as much as he did last expansion which used to be the main problem. Hes quite doable with no special mechanics
    I see, didn't know that Thanks!

Deleted
    Just wondering whether someone could help me.
    Trying to solo Warlord Zon'ozz and having a real hard time. I'm 542 Ilvl, and can't for the life of me bounce the ball myself so I just have to sit in and nuke.. But I get it down to 40% and 60khps just isn't enough! Could someone give me some tips for the fight whether it's how to bounce the ball effectively or advice on the nuking method.

No legendary cloak and 556 Weapon, thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeramarth View Post
    Just wondering whether someone could help me.
    Trying to solo Warlord Zon'ozz and having a real hard time. I'm 542 Ilvl, and can't for the life of me bounce the ball myself so I just have to sit in and nuke.. But I get it down to 40% and 60khps just isn't enough! Could someone give me some tips for the fight whether it's how to bounce the ball effectively or advice on the nuking method.

No legendary cloak and 556 Weapon, thanks in advance!
    For Zon'ozz, we consider that each bounce triggers a stack = +5% damage on the boss. If the ball bounces 7 times, it means 7X5=35, but a ball cannot bounce more than 10 times (50% damages increased). Now, the issue is to make the ball bouncing 10 times (or 4X10stacks cuz they're 4 balls during the encounter), without dying.

About the execution, the hitbox of the bouncing ball isn't that big, so it's necessary to be carefully. There's about 4 seconds between 2 activations of the bouncing ball (a time during which the ball is transparent and cannot explode = bouncing). Consequently, it's recommanded to follow the ball as our own shade since we cannot take risks to make it explode on the boss before a decent amount of stacks. More, since the damages are increased as the bounces are increased, I would recommend to use the Dampen Harm talent on the 8th, 9th and 10th stacks. But also the Fortifying Brew during the stacks 5th, 6th and 7th of the second and fourth ball. The idea is the following :

First ball = Dampen Harm on stacks 8th,9th and 10th.
    Second ball = FB on stacks 5th, 6th, 7th and DH (normally up) on stacks 8th, 9th, 10h.
    Third ball = DA on stacks 8th, 9th, 10th. But at this point of the encounter, cuz the damages are more important, you can, if you think it's enough, stack less than 10stacks.
    Last Ball = Same as second, or, you can also keep FB to survive a bit on the enrage.

* Enrage is survivable for 30/40secs.
    * This boss has been done with 497ilvl before 5.2.
    * The nuking method is only relevant for a high ilvl of gear on Heroic version because of the tentacles.
    * Xuen can be used when the balls 2 and 4 hit the boss to enjoy the bonus damages (+scaling vengeance on the enrage).
    * Guard glyph is highly recommanded.
    * This encounter mixes both magic and physical damages, so, be ready to push the Expel Harm button .

I think you shouldn't find any issue if you manage to fulfill the bouncing ball strategy.

up to cata everything is cheese, eh? lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Hey I'm new to monk soloing and I've been trying to solo Glory of the Ulduar Raider 25m. Right now I'm stuck on Firefighter 25, because when Mimiron gets to phase 4 I have trouble putting damage on his head, which is flying above me. Does anyone have a list of moves in WW or BrM I can use to hit that part? I read that SCK or RJW would hit it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. CJL also seems to negligible damage. Do I just need to position better and be more patient? Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EchOne View Post
    Hey I'm new to monk soloing and I've been trying to solo Glory of the Ulduar Raider 25m. Right now I'm stuck on Firefighter 25, because when Mimiron gets to phase 4 I have trouble putting damage on his head, which is flying above me. Does anyone have a list of moves in WW or BrM I can use to hit that part? I read that SCK or RJW would hit it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. CJL also seems to negligible damage. Do I just need to position better and be more patient? Thanks!
    Actually, RJW or SCK can hit the head part only if you're close enough from the boss. Otherwise, you can play with the first bounce of your Chi Wave, and Keg Smash if you're focusing the tank (down) part (= reach the head).
    Also, don't forget that the 10min autodestruction isn't considered as an enrage, and is survivable with a BrM spec (even if 15 mins = real enrage).
    Otherwise again, it's possible to shove DPS with DM or ZM right in the missile red area (P2 only, cuz double missile during P4) (3M5 with 90% reduction = 350k damages => vengeance boost).
    Then, just play with CJL during P4. The head is annoying to slain, but you can also destroy a part like the tank one (down) twice, in order to keep a good survivability (Shuffle, enough Chi...).
    I'm neglecting advices about WW spec, since I think BrM is far more reliable on this encounter. But it doesn't change the fact it's killable with a WW spec.

The head as windwalker you can also put your spirit, storm earth and fire onto. Granted it doesnt do the most damage but it still does a fair bit

Xuen can hit all three parts, beyond that, just use CJL/Chi Wave/Keg Smash cleaves to kill the head (Touch of Karma on the head if playing WW, obviously).