Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    How do you guys solo Immerseus? I have the hardest time killing enough puddles to limit healing of the boss, and I mostly get fucked by the RNG. I wonder if there's something I'm not thinking of? BrM (my gear) or WW, can't make it work
    One way to do it is play normally until the enrage, wait for the last split and run to the entrance there. Wait for half an hour and return during a swirl.

The other way is to just tank it directly during the enrage; the level at which it'd have to enrage at would depend on your gear.

Hey guys. Our BrM monk takes some fun in Challenge Modes:
    youtube.com/watch?v=x-aIVrZ7Cwc | Skyreach, Ranjit
    youtube.com/watch?v=ISrs2S5x5Ts | Iron Docks, Fleshrender Nok'gar
    youtube.com/watch?v=bDeTyPDdZN0 | Auchindoun, Vigilant Kaathar

And something like... Drov the ruiner?
    youtube.com/watch?v=zhGRNB7KSIk

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshi View Post
    Hey guys. Our BrM monk takes some fun in Challenge Modes:
    youtube.com/watch?v=x-aIVrZ7Cwc | Skyreach, Ranjit
    youtube.com/watch?v=ISrs2S5x5Ts | Iron Docks, Fleshrender Nok'gar
    youtube.com/watch?v=bDeTyPDdZN0 | Auchindoun, Vigilant Kaathar

And something like... Drov the ruiner?
    youtube.com/watch?v=zhGRNB7KSIk

That is awesome

Some new CMs Solo Boss Kills by Snuffy
    youtube.com/watch?v=h9zAuxBUpx8 | Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Sadana Bloodfury
    youtube.com/watch?v=iqP0fv8xbRk | Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Nhallish
    youtube.com/watch?v=X1trLXRWWfY | Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Bonemaw (!!!)

youtube.com/watch?v=mVlxaDw7j3Q | Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Ner'zhul (!!!)
    Last edited by arcaneshi; 2015-04-02 at 02:49 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone managed to get Durumu solo? I'm curious what the ilvl check is.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Only video ive found of that was on normal with 679 ilevel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllF3DPZzRY

Tried to solo heroic MSV 25 as MW. I gave up pretty quick.

Deleted
    Reporting in from a quick BrM-solo tour:
    MSV 6/6 10HC
    HoF 4/6 10HC (friggin Amberformer , couldn't be bothered to ask for help for the empress ID)
    Toes 3/4 10HC (P2 Add-insta-gib seems quite hard/impossible atm to handle , you would probably have to 1shot them with ChiEx/Burst, but haven't done many tries there)
    ToT 12/12 10N
    SoO 3/14 10HC (LF Galakras ID :P)

Deleted
    I just managed to get Ordos to 82%. I didn't check if the statue could taunt the boss for the smash, but something has to be done since the +dmgtaken debuff doesn't have a maximum range and ignores LoS, making the smashes very difficult to face check after the 10th one or so. Post any ideas you've got, this is an interesting challenge.

Well, you could always use trinket from protectors, combo that with dh and guards and have zm with fb as backup.
    However, much worse problem is enrage, which is very tight. Not taking into account the soft enrage, with fire pools and fire stacks. At hard enrage he casts repeatedly hard hitting aoe, which is barely survivable.

Edit: Leer of the Ox cannot target bosses, at least in most situations.
    Cutieface - Monk EU Drak'Thul

He will just despawn after the hard enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    How do you guys solo Immerseus? I have the hardest time killing enough puddles to limit healing of the boss, and I mostly get fucked by the RNG. I wonder if there's something I'm not thinking of? BrM (my gear) or WW, can't make it work
    Yea as said, tanking during the enrage isnt that hard since the boss hits relatively low. 1 thing which might be a problem to survive during the enrage is the corrosive blasts, but from my exp if you run out before he casts it you can force him to change targets to your statue thus meaning the statue soaks the blast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drenni View Post
    Well, you could always use trinket from protectors, combo that with dh and guards and have zm with fb as backup.
    However, much worse problem is enrage, which is very tight. Not taking into account the soft enrage, with fire pools and fire stacks. At hard enrage he casts repeatedly hard hitting aoe, which is barely survivable.

Edit: Leer of the Ox cannot target bosses, at least in most situations.
    Ah fire pools and fire stacks aren't an issue, the stacks appear to reset randomly. Perhaps the entity casting them isn't boss level, so this would be a joke to solo in a future expansion. I found the smash can only be cast on the active tank, meaning it won't go on cooldown if I teleport away. Hard enrage would only tick for 18k post mitigation, not an issue either. I don't know if the boss continues casting other abilities during it, if he doesn't, hey - free kill.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kllrv View Post
    Ah fire pools and fire stacks aren't an issue, the stacks appear to reset randomly. Perhaps the entity casting them isn't boss level, so this would be a joke to solo in a future expansion. I found the smash can only be cast on the active tank, meaning it won't go on cooldown if I teleport away. Hard enrage would only tick for 18k post mitigation, not an issue either. I don't know if the boss continues casting other abilities during it, if he doesn't, hey - free kill.
    As was said above, though, he despawns after the hard enrage, which isn't particularly difficult to survive :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    As was said above, though, he despawns after the hard enrage, which isn't particularly difficult to survive :/
    Oh damn, reading comprehension.

Hey people! I wonder how you guys would rate the solo capabilities of a Monk?

From 1 (Mage) to 10 (Death Knight), where do you see your class?

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    Hey people! I wonder how you guys would rate the solo capabilities of a Monk?

From 1 (Mage) to 10 (Death Knight), where do you see your class?
    At least a 9. There are some fights DKs can do more easily Dark Sim or Breath of Sindragosa but Monks are very good as well.

Deleted
    Does anyone whether or not HansFranz will reset when I get picked up if my statue is down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    At least a 9. There are some fights DKs can do more easily Dark Sim or Breath of Sindragosa but Monks are very good as well.
    And there are some fights that monks completely roflstomp compared to DKs, such as Troll Council that was doable by monks in relatively very low gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Limepls View Post
    Does anyone whether or not HansFranz will reset when I get picked up if my statue is down?)
    Should work the same way as the first boss in ToT, the boss won't get reset as long as the statue survives long enough for you to count as a valid target again.

It's doable at the same ilevel by DKs. . . (I did it on my DK at 647 with horrible play, and Wan did it at 645).