Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

People who annoy you in the gym

-Those people that compare themselves to others and see somebody lifting heavier than they are, and get a little jealous. You are there for your own improvement at your own pace, don't compare yourself to others.
    - People who are dumber than a fish, thinking they are the shit and pumped up, while they only have decent biceps or something. So sad.
    - Asshats who are like predators (read: bloodhounds) to get to use a machine you are using.
    -People who occupy 2 machines at once, even though they are using one only atm.
    -People like a friend of me who recently started lifting seriously and follows a plan given to him by an instructor, I have been lifting for 3 years. He instantly thinks he knows it all and that he knows it better than me (claiming instructors are flawless and know it all).....I can get pretty angry at this. He gained a little muscle and thinks he knows it all. Oh well...
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-03-21 at 09:50 PM.

Grunters and people who stare at themselves in the mirror.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Grunters and people who stare at themselves in the mirror.
    Yeah, added that one sort of. :P

that group of guys, that go to the gym together. 1 lifts the weights, 1 spots, the other 3 sit on the equipment around them talking to eachother.

1 guy doing weights, but an entire area unusable.

all of my rage.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    that group of guys, that go to the gym together. 1 lifts the weights, 1 spots, the other 3 sit on the equipment around them talking to eachother.

all of my rage.
    Hmm, this doesn't really happen at my gym.... Sure there is a group, but the rest of the area is usable....just say something about it or report it?

People who lift with poor form. The old people who think the gym is their fucking hangout and spend 3 hours talking and 25 min lifting.

I also really really really hate most personal trainers and their piss poor broscience.

People who assume someone that has been lifting for a shorter amount of time than them, can't possible know more about lifting.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Deleted
    New year new me people, when the gym becomes flooded for the first 6 weeks of the year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    People who assume someone that has been lifting for a shorter amount of time than them, can't possible know more about lifting.
    He doesn't research anything, he was given a paper by an instructor which says what exercises he must do, that's it.

But I knew flame reactions like this would come. So give it your best shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one guy who is just watching everyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scrawny guys who use bad form on too much weight then slam the plates or equipment. When these douches break stuff i cant use it till its fixed. This has recently passed my old #1 peeve, the campers who sit on equipment to bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    The one guy who is just watching everyone...
    Hmm....can't say I have those at my gym.... maybe I saw some several times...not sure.

Those people who sit at the squat rack with their two other friends doing 6 sets of lightweight deadlifts without using their legs (smh), while I'm just trying to finish off my end of workout deadlifts before I go home.

Trainers who haven't taken classes to instruct properly.

this actually happened

Trainer: Gotta lift with your back
    Me: What the hell?
    Trainer: Yeah that's how its done.
    Me: Herniated Discs' ever heard of 'em?
    Trainer: Is that a music band?
    Me: *facepalm* leaves the gym

You will laugh, but I m annoyed by hot chicks who come to gym just to shake their asses. I need some concentration, and they are sometimes very distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigman View Post
    Trainers who haven't taken classes to instruct properly.

this actually happened

Trainer: Gotta lift with your back
    Me: What the hell?
    Trainer: Yeah that's how its done.
    Me: Herniated Discs' ever heard of 'em?
    Trainer: Is that a music band?
    Me: *facepalm* leaves the gym
    Most trainers have a 2 week cert and no dick and shit about biology or kinesiology. They are just there to look semi buff and pedal their gyms products. Fucking pathetic. It is so difficult to find a good trainer, and they are really just there to push you more than you would yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Hmm....can't say I have those at my gym.... maybe I saw some several times...not sure.
    There's one in every gym, if you don't see him... guess who it is?

Seriously though, I've yet to find a gym where there isn't one person just staring at the other people there.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Booze View Post
    You will laugh, but I m annoyed by hot chicks who come to gym just to shake their asses. I need some concentration, and they are sometimes very distracting.
    You're right, I did laugh. I appreciate it, been a bad day today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Most trainers have a 2 week cert and no dick and shit about biology or kinesiology. They are just there to look semi buff and pedal their gyms products. Fucking pathetic. It is so difficult to find a good trainer, and they are really just there to push you more than you would yourself.
    Indeed, at my gym there are some.

But there are some good ones too.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    There's one in every gym, if you don't see him... guess who it is?

Seriously though, I've yet to find a gym where there isn't one person just staring at the other people there.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 05:06 PM ----------

You're right, I did laugh. I appreciate it, been a bad day today.
    Well I don't know what consider watching? Sometimes I take a little break and watch my friend a little then I go back to lifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post

all of my rage.
    We've got this where I live, like 4 guys. Real bullies, who takes over whole areas so no one can go there and use the machines/lift weights.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    We've got this where I live, like 4 guys. Real bullies, who takes over whole areas so no one can go there and use the machines/lift weights.
    But why don't the people who work there tell them off or something?