Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Then apparently there must have been something wrong with my game as each character I have ever had mining on has never been able to get skill points from smelting anything above the first 10 points or so of cobalt, even when I went around gathering the ore on one character and sending it to another character. This was all throughout Wrath and Cataclysm.
    Same. By the time you've mined a stack to smelt, you've gone past the level you need in to get any skill points from smelting.

To OP, thought this was a troll thread originally. You can't walk in Pandaria with out coming across ore EVERYWHERE. Trillium is actually very rare, it's a lot more convenient/cheaper to get alchemists to make it with ghost ore in fact (blizz REALLY messed up mining this time).

BUT there are a LOT of Rich Ghost nodes everywhere, just keep looking.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Feeling the pain, why…?

Because I have actually leveled Mining not once, not twice, but THREE times…!!!

Let's just say I THOUGHT my main (actually, only) wanted to try Jewelcrafting at one point, but he did not. Then I thought he might like Alchemy, but he didn't.

So it was back to Mining, mainly to support his long-term love of Engineering, which he will NEVER drop…!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Hi guys, im leveling mining for the first time in MoP on my druid as he is now going to be my gathering character.

But im finding leveling mining from 300 very very very long, its taken me the past 3 hours to get from 300 to 326 there are just absolutely no nodes to mine!

I flew around hellfire, looking for fel iron, i was getting maybe one node from going around the whole of hellfire once. took ages to get from 300 to 325.

Then i headed off to Nagrand to mine adamantite, for the last 30 mines ive found absolutely nothing even by entering the caves.

I also tried blades edge mountain and terrokar forest but still no luck.

The reason for having hardly any nodes to mine im convinced is CRZ, as im flying around i run into another person from from another realm every.. 30 seconds atleast, 40% appear to be using a Bot ( Sharp movement, set flying routes and no whisper response ) CRZ is a great feature for World PvP and in that respect i love it, but something has to be done about nodes. Several realms sharing the same nodes is just...to much.

Anybody got any tips or any info on a patch to help resolve this issue? Thanks!

P.S. i have leveled mining before but in WoTLK and Cata, also im using Tarouswowguides so the mining routes im using are good.
    300-350 is the hardest part of leveling mining. As soon as you hit 350 head to NR. Cobalt is easily found in HF (my favorite cobalt farming spot), and after that I head to Scholozar or Icecrown.

You cannot beat bots that do this 24/7 especially with CRZ in effect. My suggestion - if you don't want to smelt for levels, then do all of your mining at the AH or in dungeons.

@ Pachycrocuta - you are correct you can only get points from smelting at the beginning of a level set, I think its like 10-20 bars - then they become gray.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-10-07 at 07:25 PM.