Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Nihilum. This tier is not for them, but defiantly going to be a contender in the upcoming tiers.
    Sorry, but Kungen streaming alone can't save the brand. Basically 9/10 dps play subpar, lots of them are failing on regular normal mode mechanics over and over again ("Don't stand in the fire/whirly thing") and i really can't see how this can be any competetive in the near future.

    But i wonder why you throw out famous names from last expansions, lots of players (in general) transfered or canceled their subscriptions and a guild Y today regulary won't be the same as on their world x-th kill sometime 12+ months ago. Just wait and see, we don't know shit about the difficulties on heroic mode. Either all those 10 man guilds will plow through the content or can't compete at all and those 25 mans will stuck on an enrage timer again (like basically every tier) or overcome group compositions etc due to bigger roster.

  2. #62
    Why can't we all just get along?

    My personal preference is Blood Legion, grown to love em.

    Method are on my 2nd Realm so seeing them getting a World 1st would be nice too.

    Not sure about the rest, KIN would be a nice surprise seeing as they came pretty much out of nowhere last tier to snatch World 1st.

    Judging by Kungens stream, i don't really think they are going anywhere fast. Maybe they will, but from what I've seen, they probably won't be.

  3. #63
    Koreans. They have a crazy work ethic. There are no top euro guilds without Paragon and blood legion is nothing special.

  4. #64
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    I vote for Blood Legion for 1st at best, top 3 at worst, 2nd method, 3rd stars.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  5. #65
    Dreadlord I Knew It's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    1. Paragon have gone through a major roster change. They are either HUGE favorites or underdogs.

    2. You are not giving Blood Legion the credit they deserve. They are the best of the US by a country mile and in my opinion are just as good as Method.

    3. I am fully aware of Envys history. However Ensidia were a far superior guild to Envy, thats a fact, So basically the guild is Ensidia without Kungen.

    4. I know Nihilum don't have a chance at world first. However it is disrespectful not to give them a mention seeing as they are the best guild of all time in terms of progression and world first kills.
    Paragon have not gone through major roster changes, they simply could not maintain enough people for a solid 25 man roster and therefore went 10. If you look at their 10 man roster you would see that it is entirely made up of some of the oldest and best players.

    Blood Legion have never had a world first, to put them in poll position is hilarious. Im not saying they dont have the dedication but to put them as favourites is a joke.

    Ensidia were a superior guild to Envy, sure. But to say that the guild is basically Ensidia without Kungen is a joke. I am fairly sure that their roster is still very similar to what it was when they wrecked heroic Rag. Ensidia during Cata was not the guild it used to be so I would assume that anyone from Envy would view your comment as an insult.

    Its not disrespectful, its the truth. Only a handful of players returned for Nihilum. You speak about it as if they suddenly had their entire Illidan team back. They do not.

    And as for your final comment of Nihilum being the best guild of all time in terms of progression, Paragon hold that title whether you like it or not.

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,043
    Go go Method, I just hope it aint a 10 man guild!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Sorry, but Kungen streaming alone can't save the brand. Basically 9/10 dps play subpar, lots of them are failing on regular normal mode mechanics over and over again ("Don't stand in the fire/whirly thing") and i really can't see how this can be any competetive in the near future.

    But i wonder why you throw out famous names from last expansions, lots of players (in general) transfered or canceled their subscriptions and a guild Y today regulary won't be the same as on their world x-th kill sometime 12+ months ago. Just wait and see, we don't know shit about the difficulties on heroic mode. Either all those 10 man guilds will plow through the content or can't compete at all and those 25 mans will stuck on an enrage timer again (like basically every tier) or overcome group compositions etc due to bigger roster.
    OMG they're called Nihilum, that alone is enough to make them great! It doesn't matter if it's not the same players. With that name they will be world class just like Barcelona would still be world class if you replaced everyone except Messi with players from the Scunthorpe United youth team.

  8. #68
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,881
    did'nt take long for this to devolve into which is Better / Worse / Easier or Harder 10 or 25's
    Lets drop that shit from this thread and concentrate on who will be first.

  9. #69
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Envy. Hard to tell. Either a top 5 guild or a top 100 guild. Envy is basically Ensidia without Kungen. This will be their first tier of raiding. Don't be suprised to see them in the top 5... also don;t be suprised to see them fail, rage quit the guild and join Nihilum with Kungen for T15
    Hmm??
    Envy was nr3 ranked in Firelands before they merged with Ensidia, and 13 in Dragon Soul with the 1 week delay of progress.

  10. #70
    Countering what people say.

    10 > 25

    25 may take lots more people to find but if one-two guys die on 25 man, it's not nearly as bad as 1-2 dying on 10 man which is pretty much over, you don't always have all buffs up, you have much less of everything in the raid comparing to 25, and currently most 10 man are harder than 25.

    So I counter someone else and say 25 is irrelevant, I only look at 10 man raids

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    did'nt take long for this to devolve into which is Better / Worse / Easier or Harder 10 or 25's
    Lets drop that shit from this thread and concentrate on who will be first.
    It's not an argument about "10 is harder/easier than 25", it's an argument about which should be counted. They shouldn't be counted on the same ladder, that's the bottom line. Why should they be? 10 and 25 are completely different. Both sizes have pros and cons that make it harder and easier to do, and both sizes will have easier bosses and harder bosses. 10 man might get stuck on the 4th boss, 25man might get stuck on the 6th, and the last boss might be favored for 25man.

    There are thousands of differences between the two sizes, but the greatest and most indisputable difference between the two is this: it is harder to get 25 amazing players together than it is to get 10 amazing players. Even if we had a tier where everything is completely balanced between 10 and 25 difficulty (which is near impossible if not completely impossible, unless you'd be willing to change the sizes of the rooms as well, which they don't) then that bolded difference is still there. And that is why 25man guilds should not be on the same ladder as 10man guilds.

    I really don't understand how people don't get this. Zip up your dick competitions for a second and realize, this isn't about who has the largest cock, this is like putting blacks and Asians against each other. There will always be a notable difference that cannot be ignored. Stop getting defensive every time someone says "10 and 25 aren't equal" because in a computer game where everything is dependent on numbers, it's fucking retarded to say that they are equal. They are not, but that statement is not meant to belittle anyone, just realize that they aren't equal.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-10-08 at 11:10 AM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  12. #72
    It was a shame and inevitable that this became a 10 v 25 fight.

    As much as I admire and respect Paragon, I don't think they can be included in this as they're now 10 man, NOT because 10 man is harder/easier but purely because it's not the same as 25 man, it's not a legitimate comparison. As others have said, 10 and 25 man need to be considered separately.

    I'll go for Stars, Method and Kin Raiders in that order, assuming none of them have also gone 10 man...

    It seems obvious that Paragon should win the 10 man race, but who knows what the mood there is now. Perhaps they've lost heart with losing so much of their roster and the burnout is more widespread than just those that have already stopped. They've been critical of 10 man raiding in the past, so finding themselves stuck doing it must be a bit demoralising. They could have a very lacklustre tier.

  13. #73
    I hope Paragon beats everyone to hell on 10m and that Method gets 25m kills.
    Don't bother to think the 10m and 25m are same race however.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  14. #74
    Blood Legion doesn't really stand a chance against the EU top guilds. EU dominates the world first raiding scene.

    I also don't think anyone is going to take 10m world firsts serious.
    Last edited by Rochana; 2012-10-08 at 11:46 AM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Blood Legion doesn't really stand a chance against the EU top guilds. EU dominates the world first raiding scene.

    I also don't think anyone is going to take 10m world firsts serious.
    Have to wait and see how well 25m survives.

    Doomhammer EU

  16. #76
    Brewmaster Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,444
    Doesn't matter who wins the race, I am more interested in their kill videos. Especially the ones from Paragon are always great.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    And as for your final comment of Nihilum being the best guild of all time in terms of progression, Paragon hold that title whether you like it or not.
    This is false, Nihilum got World First C'thun,Kel'thuzad 40,Maggy,Gruul,Vashj,Kael'thas,Archimonde and Illidan(only counting "end bosses").

    Paragon got World First H LK,Sinestra,H Nefarian and H Rag.

  18. #78
    Paragon-Envy-Method-Koreans. Blood Legion barely beat Europeans with 1 week headstart in T13

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Countering what people say.

    10 > 25

    25 may take lots more people to find but if one-two guys die on 25 man, it's not nearly as bad as 1-2 dying on 10 man which is pretty much over, you don't always have all buffs up, you have much less of everything in the raid comparing to 25, and currently most 10 man are harder than 25.

    So I counter someone else and say 25 is irrelevant, I only look at 10 man raids
    I am afraid that your argument is irrelevant and does not counter anything. Would you expect a group that has 2,5 times more people to have 1 battle raise while the 10 man has 1 too?
    I bet if that was the case, you would call it "fair" :P
    As for my opinion, it is at the previous page of this thread.

    There is not one race for the world first.
    There are 2 of them, one for each size.
    The funny thing is that even today, with over 90% of the teams progressing in 10 mode, the amount of people that actually care for this world first race, focus by majority to the 25 people mode.
    It seems that most people know where the top level of teamplay (not individual skill) is.

  20. #80
    Koreans have a reasonably solid reputation when it comes to one of Blizzard's games. I wouldn't be surprised if that extends further into WoW.

    Doomhammer EU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •