Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tffkap View Post
    Even w/out GoSac, Soul Link is great for pve when soloing... I use it with GoSup with the VL and the healing from Soul Leech keeps us both full HP.
    I use neither Soul Link nor Soul Leech whilst soloing with the VL and I too stay at full heath. It's not the talents that are keeping you healed up, it's the fact that the VL takes very little damage to begin with. Plus, even when he does, it's nothing a Health Funnel can't fix, which is exactly why I don't take Soul Link: losing access to HF sucks.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yes, because it's so much better to go with dark bargain which makes you a free kill in pvp against killed teams.
    Sure you are immune to damage for 8 seconds, but after that you'll be taking 50% if the damage dealt during those 8 seconds.
    It wouldn't be the first time my team popped all their cooldowns on dark bargain to place an unhealable dot on the warlock.
    I don't understand the logic behind this. Why would you pop your CDs to only be 50% effective? Sure it places a dot, but you could just do normal damage on the lock, and THEN pop your CDs when DB fades. Now they have a dot, AND 100% of the damage from your CDs, with no shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    [/COLOR]

I don't understand the logic behind this. Why would you pop your CDs to only be 50% effective? Sure it places a dot, but you could just do normal damage on the lock, and THEN pop your CDs when DB fades. Now they have a dot, AND 100% of the damage from your CDs, with no shield.
    Most cooldowns last longer then 8 seconds and as far as I know: big dot + short amount of big damage > small dot + longer duration on big damage.
    It's the burst that counts and if your burst is lasting longer then say 5 seconds, it's doomed to fail anyway and for that reason, you want the dot to be as big as possible.

Deleted
    I can see the pet version of soul link being shit, but what about the GoSac version? Isn't GoSac kind of mandatory anyway (for destro atleast) since you don't have to deal with the broken pet AI and get WAY more burst? A flat 20% hp increase just seems crazy good to me, especially since it scales with your Healthstone and Mortal Coil (If you really feel like rolling with that) etc.

I just can't fathom a talent that cuts my, already really low HP, pet's HP in half being good.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it makes your pet's HP into your HP, your HP is increased, that is what Soul Link Does, whether you have a pet or use GoSac, the effect of Soul Link is to increase your health by a craptonne. or from the other perspective it increases your pets health by 400% because YOUR health is now your pet's.

Also, soul link allows you to passively heal your pet at all times without ever having to interrupt dps to cast Health Funnel. If for example your use Voidwalker/Voidlord you can passively heal your pet via Soul Leech/Glyph of Siphon Life without ever having to interrupt your personal dps. This makes using your pet as a tank much more effective.

Soul Link is a great choice for many encounters. and your innability to fathom it just suggest you ought to try it out to see what it does.

Soul link is 20% more hp, dark regen, ember tap, healthstones, GoS and even mortal coil if you taken it all scale with it. It's not as bad as people think... sacrifical pact is the bad one imo.

Also to the guy that mention dark bargin, chain unending afterwards the dmg is 37.5% then the hp regained while in dark bargin either from harvest or burning embers.
    Last edited by Wannabetank; 2012-10-11 at 04:35 PM.