Poll: Favorite New Mists of Pandaria Zone

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favorite and Least Favorite Mists of Pandaria Zone

Which new zone in Mists of Pandaria has been your favorite, can be for whatever reason, and then post your least favorite zone stating the main reason.

My favorite is Jade Forest with Kun-Lai and Valley of the Four Winds following right behind it. I found those zones the most refreshing, with the most engaging quest lines (especially Jade), I also loved the zone designs for all three, they were gorgeous. (I don't know about Karasaung Wilds I haven't done that one yet).

My least favorite by far has been Dread Wastes, it was a pain to get on the wall for me to start the quest lines, and from the quests I did it was mostly on the old un-engaging format, and the zone seemed ugly and un-inspired compared to some of the other zones. Townlong was close though, but mostly because I found it just plain bland to be in.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fav - Jade Forest. Really captures that random adventure feel I think WoW does best.

Least Fav - Kun'lai. Very random, but not in a good way. It feels incredibly disconnected and most every storyline there ends abruptly to "continue in a future patch."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: The Dread Wastes, because I like insects and the Sha. The music of the zone is cool too. You can feel the madness on that warzone.
    Least Favorite: Kun-Lai Summit, because of the orange-ish color of the initial questing areas.

(Sorry for my bad english!)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    favorites - kunlai, jade forest, valley of the four winds. least: townlong and dread waste
    Last edited by bohapjut; 2012-10-08 at 03:18 AM.

Favorite - Kun-Lai. Had great scenary.
    Least Favorite - Townlong. It just seemed boring to me.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Valley of the Four Winds, Kun-Lai. Quest flow, scenery, quests were just really fun to do.
    Least Fav: Dread Wastes, hands down. Ugly, unpleasant, and the quests were annoying. Most of them anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fave: Kun Lai for the little touches. The Grummles amuse me. Townlong for the story. Dread Wastes a bit, also for the story. Jade Forest for the scenery and early questing (Tian annoyed me so I've not gone past it).

Least Fave: Valley of the Four Winds. After the build up of being an elite force to find Anduin and the questing in Jade I'm helping farmers kill Virmin and transport turnips. Kill your own damn Virmin. And seriously, I'm helping produce get to a farm that you can literally throw a baseball to? Like this is a huge task? Break... give me one.

Karasarang: TBD. Done some questing there but not a lot.

Something about Karasang wild. It just seems like...well, a minor Zone. Didnt really get why it was here.

Favourite is proboaly Kun lai, just cause of the decent looks.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    as others have said, kun'lai so funny watching the grummles try to get up the main mountain, go search you'll see them literally making no progress ^^

Townlong was boring as hell.

I voted Krasarang because I just love the dark jungle feel. I find Kun, Town, and Dread to be about equal. I absolutely hate Valley and skip it every chance I get. Jade forest probably gets an honorable nod for coolest story feel - however I find all that shit annoying every subsequent time. It's the only zone that forces you to listen, follow NPCs, and all that shit.

Note* I think dreadwastes is cool. I think people hate it because it's definitely the hardest.

Deleted
    Favorite: Dread Wastes. I dunno why I just love the look of the zone and the Klaxxi story.
    Least Favorite: I really don't have any. All the Zones are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Jade Forest. It's one of the best zones in WoW, ever, from a story, content, and aesthetic point of view.

Least favorite: Townlong steppes. It's too bland aesthetically. The story isn't awful, but it just feels very muddled.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Favorite: Kun-Lai Summit

Least Favorite: Maybe a tie between Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes. Both were magnificent zones, but just couldn't make it to the top of the list

Deleted
    Favourite: Kun-Lai Summit, because of the Mogu, Zandalari and Thunder King. + music is really great. Dread Wastes is also nice, questing for Klaxxi is fun (at least for me).

Least Favourite: Valley of Four Winds, i just don't like the feel of this zone, no "main" antagonist, just pandas everywhere. It's nice zone, but i just don't enjoyed it.

Deleted
    Kun-lai Summit for me, I love the Temple of the White Tiger (and also the Monastery)

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Valley of the Four Winds, like Nagrand with huge farms, rice paddies, and my favorite aspect: breweries.

Second has to be Kun-lai Summit, except for those damn Grummles and their luckydos.

Least: Townlong Steppes or Dread Wastes, especially one after the other. The two bleed into one another without too much difference. (More Mantid and Sha?!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Dread Wastes. Sha, Mantid, grim atmosphere. Not as good as Icecrown or Hellfire Peninsula/Shadowmoon Valley but it's still nice.

Least Favorite: Valley of the four winds...Come on im battle hardened veteran not a farmhand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: Dread Wastes, closedly followed by Vale of Eternal Blossom.

Least Favorite: Valle of the Four Winds, because the beginning of the zone was rather weak compared to the other zones, the second half however was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Favorite: Valley of the Four Winds, like Nagrand with huge farms, rice paddies, and my favorite aspect: breweries.

Second has to be Kun-lai Summit, except for those damn Grummles and their luckydos.

Least: Townlong Steppes or Dread Wastes, especially one after the other. The two bleed into one another without too much difference. (More Mantid and Sha?!)
    I think that might be why I wasn't fond of them to much. Jade Forest had a large variety of areas in it and when I went to Valley it was completely different yet still had nice storytelling, and I even got glimpses at Krasarang Wilds which helped give a nice variety, and I saw some mantid. Then I go to Kun-Lai same in that it's a nice variety just a little weaker on the story telling, and then there is Townlong. It was much more linear than any of the other zones, quests weren't as engaging, kind of picked up from a story starting in Kun-Lai, although the sha of Anger quests were nice. Then it goes into Dread Wastes which goes more into the same story from Townlong so it just felt like a more grim version of the already fairly bland zone in my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite: K. Summit
    Least: The Dread waste