Gemming Arms PVE

No one can decide on what is the best way to gem a Warrior. What I'm looking for is help for Arms PvE. So far I've heard that:

• I should gem for crit/exp/hit
    • I should gem for pure strength
    • I should gem for strength/crit

I've read many guides, and they all say something different, and it baffles me. I've checked many good PvE Warrior's armoury's and they all are different. The majority I have seen stack strength, others use some secondary stat gems and some use crit/strength. Some guides say, 'All you need is crit!', and other guides say, 'For simplicity, go pure strength!'

I'm not good with stats, I need help and that's why it's rather frustrating that no one can give me solid information. So:

What should I put in red sockets? (Currently I feel Inscribed vermilion onyx for red, probably wrong)
    What should I put in yellow sockets? (Currently I feel smooth suns radiance for yellow, probably wrong)
    What should I put in blue sockets?
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

My Warrior

Red Crit/str
    Yellow Crit
    Blue Crit/hit

More opinions please, because I know you're out there.
    Last edited by Sareth; 2012-10-07 at 05:04 PM.
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'

My Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    More opinions please, because I know your out there.
    you don't need more opinions

Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    you don't need more opinions
    One person has posted. One. Take a look at how many different opinions there are in the OP. Sure, I like kubuntu's suggestions, but I know better than to trust one person.

My Warrior

Might want a poll, then...

Anyway, Kubuntu is correct
    yellow - crit
    red - crit / str
    blue - crit / hit

tl;dr max crit while matching socket bonuses

Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Point of this post?

My Warrior

So why should I believe that guide and go for pure strength in a red socket, when there are 2 people here saying red: cit/strength?

My Warrior

Red: Exp/Crit, Str/Hit, Str/Crit
    Yellow: Crit
    Blue: Str/Hit, Crit/Hit

Match STR or Crit socket bonuses if it provides a higher overall value compared to not matching it. Exp and Hit hybrid gems to help to reach caps to have a better optimal reforge if possible.

It's not really complicated, you just think about the overall stats of the gems+bonus vs not a bonus, and reforging options if its more optimal or not.

Also stick to one thread please, stop making multiple threads with a variation of a question.

Whatever, going with this then.

Red: Strength and crit
    Yellow: Crit
    Blue: Strength and hit or crit and hit.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sareth; 2012-10-07 at 10:58 PM.

My Warrior

I would run your character through simcraft before making decisions. People are gemming for crit because at a 1:1 ratio, crit is more than half the rating of strength, and you get double the rating in your gems. However, I didn't find this to be true at the lower ~463 gear levels, strength being 2.43, and crit 0.94. It may be different for you, but you should definitely check, just in case.