Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

how much dps is acceptable

Currently in our 10 man were strapped for decent dps and its starting to show on feng, while they understand the mechanics it just seems that the numbers aren't there. Currently getting to p3 like its easy bit that last 33% is taking so long that its causing me and the other two heals to run oom from the damage going out, to compensate we are trying everything that I can think of. But, I just want to know what is decent and if our dps just really suck that bad.

Deleted
    How much/little DPS are they putting out?
    How often do they stand in the fire and whatever else hurts them?
    How good is your regen?

Deleted
    It's hard to answer without parsing, link a log and, maybe we can judge it.

Deleted
    As a guide to dps requirements, our dps is putting out around 60k-65k dps on average (hunter is on about 70k, bottom dps around 50k-55k), and we are running 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.

As a tank I'm pulling around 45k dps by using the reflect on the fire debuff and arcane debuff on phase 2 and 3.

We haven't killed, but had a 1% wipe because we got an arcane explosion thing in the raid due to someone not reacting fast enough

Deleted
    on feng 10m, with good healers and no one taking dmg which could be avoided, 45-50k at least of every dd should be enough ( setup 2 tanks 3 heals 5 dds)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    As a guide to dps requirements, our dps is putting out around 60k-65k dps on average (hunter is on about 70k, bottom dps around 50k-55k), and we are running 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.

As a tank I'm pulling around 45k dps by using the reflect on the fire debuff and arcane debuff on phase 2 and 3.

We haven't killed, but had a 1% wipe because we got an arcane explosion thing in the raid due to someone not reacting fast enough
    we killed it with massivley inferior dps to this. top dps were on 60, bottom dps was 35k ish. you do not need fantastic dps for this fight if you arent failing at mechanics. save hero for p3 if you arent already

Deleted
    save hero for p3
    or use it in p2 when the overall dps isnt so good so that you dont get more then 3 times "devour flames"

If your any of your dps are pulling below 40k then they are not pulling there weight at all and it falls to a massive strain on healers to support there terrible terrible numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    45-50.. if lots of movement 40-50. but ya above 40 at least. I pull 45 on most fights, even hitting 60 sometimes

also use hero on p2 two so you get less stacks, and for part three you wanna be as close as possible without being in someone's 6 yard range
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    Currently in our 10 man were strapped for decent dps and its starting to show on feng, while they understand the mechanics it just seems that the numbers aren't there. Currently getting to p3 like its easy bit that last 33% is taking so long that its causing me and the other two heals to run oom from the damage going out, to compensate we are trying everything that I can think of. But, I just want to know what is decent and if our dps just really suck that bad.
    Weak specs seem to be able to hit ~50k single target right now. Nevermind that 80% of my raid was doing less than 35k on Feng. Raiders showing up to raid 12 days after the expansion in quest greens is just irresponsible. =|

50k single target should be the lower limit if they have geared properly, and have any clue how to play.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post

Always retards like this pop up with DPS threads...Basically u r sayin all ur DPS is ranked world top 50...hahaha nice try bro. Anyway anything above 40k is average atm and above 50k is good. Just ignore these "we pull 60k easily all time" idiots here.

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-10-08 at 06:17 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the replies
    hunter-46789dps
    dk tank- 45778
    ret-43567
    boomkin- 43897
    warlock-37856
    mage-35678
    pally tank 25897
    Now looking at this its clear to see which dps is falling behind, our tank didnt parse last night so i cant upload any, but like i said we have p1 and 2 down we are using timeward at the start of phase two and eating the first call flame and shielding every other one. it just seems that even if we were to hold off using hero/lust until p3 that our dps just isnt there to push that burn phase

How long is your fight?

We did it in ~6.30.

Your tank with the stealing buff can do ALOT more dps. Our DK tank with the buff did 107k.

Our dps ranged on it from 60 to 50k (mix of alts as we ran a split group for first week). This is 25man.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    before wiping at 15% 7 times almost 10 mins which is why im questioning the dps at all the fact that we can have the boomkin use tranq during p1 and still have it up in p3 is shocking and we found that our ot wasnt stealing the fire debuff during p2 the dott but we fixed that and it was able to help us avoid a call flame all together

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the replies
    hunter-46789dps
    dk tank- 45778
    ret-43567
    boomkin- 43897
    warlock-37856
    mage-35678
    pally tank 25897
    Now looking at this its clear to see which dps is falling behind, our tank didnt parse last night so i cant upload any, but like i said we have p1 and 2 down we are using timeward at the start of phase two and eating the first call flame and shielding every other one. it just seems that even if we were to hold off using hero/lust until p3 that our dps just isnt there to push that burn phase
    we had very similar numbers to this. our tank wasnt stealing the buffs to do100k+ dps. our healers didnt struggle for mana. seems to me like your either not got enough regen, or not avoiding enough avoidable damage

thanks for the replies
    hunter-46789dps
    dk tank- 45778
    ret-43567
    boomkin- 43897
    warlock-37856
    mage-35678
    pally tank 25897
    I do not know if your lock and mage are under-geared or what but they should be doing substantially more than that in 463 ilvl gear. The others are fine to kill Feng. The key to downing this fight is knowing how to properly use the Null Barrier. You should be using the Null Barrier every "odd" AoE ability (Epicenter, Draw Flame, Arcane Velocity). Saves a ton of mana by negating a shit ton of damage. Also, we use lust on p2 since it is has the least amount of movement in the entire fight.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    also, on 10 man phase 3 can be very simple if you use /range 6 and spread out in a circle around feng. as close as you can get to him without being within 6 yards of anyone else. the changes the fight to zero movement making lust in this phase even better. but i agree with the above poster - your probably not using null barrier properly

Our kill today: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=2556&e=3053 as you can see there is quite some difference between our dps. For us the key was in P3 stacking up for the aoe and 1 sec before it ends spread out again to prevent the debuff from blowing up the raid.

Maybe 3 heal the fight? Worked for us

Our kill on wednesday:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=6100&e=6504

Quite even at around 55k. I died towards the end which is why my eDPS is so low : <