Why are red gems worth so little?

I play on one of the highest pop servers, and red gems (blue quality) are selling for 130g each. Have the other colors, purp/orange surpassed red's preference?

Deleted
    People have maybe 1 or 2 red sockets in their gear atm.. and raids only JUST got released with LFR coming soon.

High supply and low demand = low price

Plus, some healers actually go all out spirit and using blue/reds in red sockets

Quote Originally Posted by Doseki View Post
    I play on one of the highest pop servers, and red gems (blue quality) are selling for 130g each. Have the other colors, purp/orange surpassed red's preference?
    because gems now give double secondary stats than primary ones.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Almost everything is below 50g on my server. Low population with extreme ore spawns..

They did change the stat allocations to make non-reds more attractive, but I think the ore spawn rates are just making it way to easy to get gems... everything is cheap. The first week of the expansion, gems were already selling for less than their Cata equivalents at the end of the expansion.

Deleted
    As they said. Not always the best choice.
    Raiding hasnt started.
    Ore spawns.

Red are also no longer best-in-slot for PvP, either. The PvP power stat is extremely good, and so you will see less demand for reds in general this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Red are also no longer best-in-slot for PvP, either. The PvP power stat is extremely good, and so you will see less demand for reds in general this expansion.
    Or maybe just this patch, untill they change stuff around again! you never know ;>

I expected them to be a lot more pricey, but I guess they're going to be the same price as the blue quality gems in Cata. Until we get epic gems. /shrugs

I cant speak for other classes/specs, but currently for my spec hybrids are better in almost every instance, even red sockets.

Deleted
    All of the above, plus the fact that to transmute the meta (primal diamond) it takes 2x each of the hybrid gems.

Deleted
    Everything is cheap now, wich I like. Max undercutting to tune down price <3

Secondary stat gems are better, at least for me. (with the exception of my 2 brilliant serpent's eyes)
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.