Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeam View Post
    So what you're saying is, you're not interested in doing any effort of getting items/gold?
    Sounds to me like you're one of the casuals that are used to get everything served on a plate.
    I think you didn't read my post well enough:
    1. I never said I am not interested in putting in effort to get items and/or gold.
    2. I am not used to getting everything handed to me on a plate.

What I did say:
    I am not interested in a farm and gaining rep with tillers. I don't like farming (I mean actually having a farm here now).
    I rather do hc dungeons and try to do raiding and stuff.

So participating in that new feature (tillers, farmville) is not something I will do.
    I don't see it as part of core wow, it should be a side-game... so it shouldn't be affecting one's progression, in whatever way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Touchy. I myself was more excited at the prospect of killing dragons and such but you keep on farming, old MacDonald.
    At this point in my Dragon-Slaying carrier, I have commuted the rough equivalent of Genocide three times over. I am fine with no dragons in this expansion, at all.

Given the amount of storytelling that is possible in games these days, I would hope that developers can show us the true majesty and terror of Dragonkind. Instead we continue to have "kill those fuckers!" missions featuring bold and courageous heroes, even when they encounter one two days after coming of age.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    can only grow 16 motes a day if your exalted with the tillers
    Which will happen soon enough.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I made 3 LW chests for my guild, Sold 1 and bought 2 pvp recepies... this means i made 34 Spirits in 14 days. Today i reached revered with the Tillers which means 1.2 (1.6 eventually) spirits to add to the 2-3 i make per day...

You need to grind more and complain less.

I'm personally OK with the drop rate of Motes and thus the speed in which I gain Spirits, however I would love them to be BoA instead of BoP. My engineer has got 11 Spirits currently, I could use them to make a rocket or something like that, but I would love them on my JC that's now 89.5 to get more cuts.

Hell I would be OK with being able to buy a BoA version of the Spirits in a 3 Spirits paid for 2 BoA spirits gained from that vendor where you can convert Spirits to trade goods.

My mains got revered with Tillers so can do the planting thing which I'm doing daily for the past 3-4 days. I;m also now going to work on getting another one to revered once she hit's 90. Grinding sucks but I find it relaxing if done in the right place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I would take that notion further - I see no comparable harm in them being BoE.
    BoA. Them being BoE is a terrible idea. It will probably happen at one point, like 5.2 or 5.3 maybe, but not now.

And you don't "have to" do the farm thing every day, or at all for that matters. People who actually do that just get a bit more motes per day, which in itself is a reward for having done the rep grind. That's not unreasonable. It's not like it's the only way to get those, the main way is to kill stuff, the farm is just a tiny little bonus.

You just have to kill mobs to get those things to craft, any mobs. You don't even have to run dungeons to get chaos orbs like before, or kill only specific types of elementals to get the correct types of materials: just mobs, any mobs, anywhere, anytime.
    Seriously, how much easier do you want it to be?

I don't mind having to kill mobs to get them. I don't mind low drop rate. I can spend time if needed for my carfting professions..
    But for the love of god why can't I do it on one character? Why they are not BoA? I don't want them to be tradeable, I can devote the time, but I don't want to switch alts all the time just to go on grindfest on each of them :/ I'd rather have one character devoted to farming, and others to focus on different things.. :/
    Well hopefully they'll make them BoA eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Well the blues said before that at some point they would become BoA (not 100% but it wouldn't be surprising).

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I think you didn't read my post well enough:
    1. I never said I am not interested in putting in effort to get items and/or gold.
    2. I am not used to getting everything handed to me on a plate.

What I did say:
    I am not interested in a farm and gaining rep with tillers. I don't like farming (I mean actually having a farm here now).
    I rather do hc dungeons and try to do raiding and stuff.

So participating in that new feature (tillers, farmville) is not something I will do.
    I don't see it as part of core wow, it should be a side-game... so it shouldn't be affecting one's progression, in whatever way.
    it will affect you, greatly, assuming that you are a raider (and you may not be, i do not know). But it is basically the best and most efficient way for you to farm the mats needed in order to provide your own buff food. Of course there are the other kinds of players which you may also fall into who have other raiders provide them with all of their in raid needs. Again i don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit of Harmony are godly easy to get, I have 17 on me and have spent/used over 5. I have farmed a certain cooking ingredient by just mass pulling and aoe (I am a demo warlock) and killing around 10 mobs. I got a majority of my motes from doing that over a small period of time, I might do it again since I need more Ironpaw Tokens.

Still, I think they should at least be BoA or have a slightly higher drop rate.

Oh no, I don't raid that intensively. But when I am online, I rather do a dungeon or raid then farming on a farm; that is not why I play wow.
    But the point you make is valid, that it is kind of very very appealing to raiders. Some feel it is mandatory and that is something that shouldn't be.
    It is a side-game and it should stay like that, optional for 100%.
    It should not be the only way to get something.

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    I don't really understand why you had to spend spirits of harmony to get lw to 600 to be honest. Seems like a waste.
    I agree, I spent one Spirit to pick up a single pvp pattern and just made it to get the last 25ish points in LW. I then had enough spirits from leveling plus a week's worth of dailies to make my Chest and Hands once I could get the patterns with Golden Lotus - Honoured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would prefer them to be BoE. I've spent many hours grinding out mobs in various locations for questing dailies farming for leathers etc ( my main who i raid on I am referring to as said grinder) and because he is a skinner/herb gatherer, I cant really use the spirits(except for mayb the ironpaw token(which i DONT need because all the stuff I use for cooking is already provided for by my own farm (actual farming in world of warcraft on a farm - never saw that coming) ) ). My friend is a leatherworker who has some patterns which would be such a huge upgrade for me and yet I cannot give him the spirits. If i wanted to go to some other leatherworker I would have to find one who a) has all the spirits needed for the items i need and b) hope that they wont try charge me ridiculous amounts. So lets see.... boe spirits would = relatively cheap gear due to the fact I would be able to provide all mats to my friend for gear he can make for me) or have to pay other people ridiculous amounts of money (on my server and im assuming others, prices people are charging are ludicrous) Im pretty sure I know what i'd prefer =\ -----

Tl:dr - Making spirits/motes boe would be a huge benefit to the community as a whole in my opinion. Easier to obtain much needed items/level proffessions. Why blizzard did not make it this way I do not understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by KaydenGrey View Post
    Personally I would prefer them to be BoE. I've spent many hours grinding out mobs in various locations for questing dailies farming for leathers etc ( my main who i raid on I am referring to as said grinder) and because he is a skinner/herb gatherer, I cant really use the spirits(except for mayb the ironpaw token(which i DONT need because all the stuff I use for cooking is already provided for by my own farm (actual farming in world of warcraft on a farm - never saw that coming) ) ). My friend is a leatherworker who has some patterns which would be such a huge upgrade for me and yet I cannot give him the spirits. If i wanted to go to some other leatherworker I would have to find one who a) has all the spirits needed for the items i need and b) hope that they wont try charge me ridiculous amounts. So lets see.... boe spirits would = relatively cheap gear due to the fact I would be able to provide all mats to my friend for gear he can make for me) or have to pay other people ridiculous amounts of money (on my server and im assuming others, prices people are charging are ludicrous) Im pretty sure I know what i'd prefer =\ -----

Tl:dr - Making spirits/motes boe would be a huge benefit to the community as a whole in my opinion. Easier to obtain much needed items/level proffessions. Why blizzard did not make it this way I do not understand.
    Actually, it would more likely crash the economy of the materials obtained with SoH. The spirits themselves would be dirt cheap, since there'll be a huge supply and a much lower demand (as it's preposterously easy to obtain), and would thus cause all items bought with them to also be pretty cheap.

If a change should be made, it's only to make them BoA. Not BoE, and not a higher drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Yes you're the only one. Everyone else is perfectly happy with the drop rate.
    I'm not happy that I'm getting them on toons that cannot use them. The motes should be BOA, at the least, if not BOE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    THIS!

The fact that you can grow them on your farm, if you have a farm, doesn't mean that the droprate should be so low.
    I too think the droprate is too low.

I am not interested in farming and not going to farm at all. I don't think my gameplay should be affected by the fact that I have or haven't got a farm.
    So the fact that we can grow them is not a valid argument, imo.
    Well it kinda is to be honest. Blizz decided there are multiple ways of acquiring them, farming being one of them. The made an assumption that most people would follow multiple paths to get the stuff and based drop rate and growth on that. Which they estimated quite well really based on my experience so far. Thus they set it correctly for the majority of people really.
    Besides there are people actually complaing that these drop from mobs since they have no crafting profession. whta if Blizz listened to them and removed them from those mobs then? Then you'd have none. Blizzard is making sure to give people several options and know that a lot will use all the options.
    Too bad you don't wanna farm, it'll only take you longer then to get the amount you need....

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess its kills some of you to spend maybe 5 mins of your time planting a few seeds to get up more motes to have to make SoH.....talk about being lazy...your the same players that all you want to do is sit in main city and trash talk in trade and que up for heroics....once your geared out then you will complain there is nothing left to do.....I guess someone in your guild is going to provide you with the top of the line buff food for your class....talk about lazy....lazy raiders make lazy players and lousy gamers. Typical attitude of the younger generation anymore...give me give me ...do it for me.

Deleted
    It takes about 3minutes or less to plant down 16songbells and do whatever it happens you to require to do for it to start growing.
    If that 3minutes is too long for you or you think its silly to "farm" in WoW...
    I could name a ton of more idiotic things to do in WoW than the farmville we have now (Its actually very handy for those pesky motes and foodbuffs).

Deleted
    Why is it that every time someone dares to complain about poor game design, tedious grinds or low drop rates of essential items, some moron comes along and says something like So what you're saying is, you're not interested in doing any effort of getting items/gold? Sounds to me like you're one of the casuals that are used to get everything served on a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Why is it that every time someone dares to complain about poor game design, tedious grinds or low drop rates of essential items, some moron comes along and says something like So what you're saying is, you're not interested in doing any effort of getting items/gold? Sounds to me like you're one of the casuals that are used to get everything served on a plate.
    A better question would be, why is it that people complain on everything? The drop is not too low - SoH isn't supposed to be a readily available crafting material; it requires work and effort. The only qualm that's legitimate is the fact that they're BoP, and should have been BoA (never BoE).