Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Dishonored

Discuss the just released game of Arkane Studios & Bethesda!

http://www.dishonored.com/

First 10 minutes gameplay:

Deleted
    I'm really interested in this game but I'm not too convinced yet to buy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I'm really interested in this game but I'm not too convinced yet to buy it.
    I got it and it's really nice, the sad part is that it is linear and it doesn't feel sandboxy.

Deleted
    Heard it could basically be the best sleeper game of 2012.

I love sneak em ups so I expect I will be purchasing this when my WoW fever dies down.
    RETH

Currently waiting for this to download, should be done by the time I get back from class tonight. Really excited to play through the campaign, looks like a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still debating to get it or not. The graphics didn't seem too impressive, but I haven't really invested a lot of time in looking up PC gameplay.

Deleted
    I've pre-ordered this (UK release date is October 12th) and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm getting it on the PS3 though and I'm dreading the potential glitches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Only on my 2nd assassination mission but it's pretty fun so far. Pretty fun blinking behind patrolling guards and take them out with a backstab.
    Some of the textures could've been better though. Melee combat is good enough although I prefer Mount and Blade-ish combat.

Solid game with fun abilities so far.
    I actually like the combat a lot! I like to put the difficulty high so when I totally fail, I die. It's kind of like a way to tell me, try harder!

I know some people may dislike Totalhalibut but for those who want a decent review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPKd4JGtsk

Release is later tonight for me, Can't wait I absolutely love stealth games.

I'm having a great time with this game so far. Easily one of my favorites this year.

This game has been on my must buy list since I first heard about it. I am picking it up this weekend.

Deleted
    I've completed I think around 60% of my first playthrough going for the chaos ending first (much faster), I've got to say it's a really, really fun game that for some reason most of my friends don't seem to have heard of which makes me sad. I'm really not great at stealth but I'm looking forward to giving the no kill/nodetect playthrough a run after I finish my chaotic playthrough

It doesn't have super high graphics but what it does seem to have is really great optimisation and very smooth gameplay. The skills are fun, especially blink. Storyline and RPG elements are pretty basic though in my opinion but meh, can't have everything. I think some people are going to complain that it's very short on the gameplay side, since I think an experienced gamer going for a hack n slash approach could easily finish the storyline in under 12 hours, BUT that's not really the point of a stealth based game, although it's nice that it's an option I guess (and that the story/ending will supposedly change depending on which playstyle you choose).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've completed I think around 60% of my first playthrough going for the chaos ending first (much faster), I've got to say it's a really, really fun game that for some reason most of my friends don't seem to have heard of which makes me sad. I'm really not great at stealth but I'm looking forward to giving the no kill/nodetect playthrough a run after I finish my chaotic playthrough

It doesn't have super high graphics but what it does seem to have is really great optimisation and very smooth gameplay. The skills are fun, especially blink. Storyline and RPG elements are pretty basic though in my opinion but meh, can't have everything. I think some people are going to complain that it's very short on the gameplay side, since I think an experienced gamer going for a hack n slash approach could easily finish the storyline in under 12 hours, BUT that's not really the point of a stealth based game, although it's nice that it's an option I guess (and that the story/ending will supposedly change depending on which playstyle you choose).
    I actually thought the graphics were really high quality! Sure they aren't realistic but they are pretty boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    I actually thought the graphics were really high quality! Sure they aren't realistic but they are pretty boss!
    I like them a lot too. They have an almost painterly style to them. I prefer it to a game that tries to be realistic. Poor quality graphics are more noticeable in games like that, so the textures weren't nearly as big a deal in this situation.

I'm enjoying it. Really getting myself into the atmosphere and reading everything I find makes it all the more interesting.

Feels strongly like Bioshock and DX:HR which is not a complaint at all.

Stealth play through on very hard is pretty fun and I'm not disappointed in the purchase.

Deleted
    I have seen Rad Brad playing it, I liked it a lot, the graphics and the way you interact with things is just amazing, feels like Bioshock, another game I love, but I won't be buying it since my lap sucks.

But it seems like a good game, the whole blink thing and powers is a mechanic in games that I enjoy a lot.

Been excited about this game since someone posted about it here several months back. Was waiting for the reviews before deciding though and they all seem to be really positive (don't think I've seen one giving it less than 90% so far). Have no idea when I'll find the time to play it at the moment though with both MoP and BL2 occupying so much of my days

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this? Thinking about buying it in a week or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like what I've seen of it, looks a bit too linear though, so I'll probably pick it up too within the next few weeks.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.