Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Are the Mogu immune to the Sha?

For thousands of years the Mogu were the dominant race in Pandaria and the Pandaren just slaves. How did the Mogu deal with the Sha then? They seem like a very angry lot so I bet it would be easy for the Sha to posses them and wreak havoc there. Do the Mogu have anything that make them more resistant/immune to the Sha? Maybe their stone skin, or spirit binding spells? Maybe a titan blessing left behind? Does the game explain this in any way?

I guess the fact that they are very much stone.

Or maybe they are so stoned that they don't care.

Sorry for bad pun

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we'll see some development on it later on. IIRC after reading some spoilers about the Thunder King it's obvious that the Mogu story isn't over. They do seem like one of the most hate filled races going atm, more so than any of the Horde or Alliance combatants on Pandaria.

15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it is because they are stone.

The Mogu are probably one of the most interesting races added in MoP. Hopefully further on we will see some sort of backstory for them. They must have some sort of connection with the Titans. Hell, they even have the power to bend people to their will and create their own constructs. I wonder what the Mogu's purpose originally was.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I imagine it is because they are stone.

The Mogu are probably one of the most interesting races added in MoP. Hopefully further on we will see some sort of backstory for them. They must have some sort of connection with the Titans. Hell, they even have the power to bend people to their will and create their own constructs. I wonder what the Mogu's purpose originally was.
    Doing the Lorewalker reputation stuff, you find out that they enslaved pandaren to fight mantids. And pandaren fought back with their fists because they had no weapons, which is why monks exist. It's kinda cool stuff, do it yourself and if you dont like reading books, watch the "cinematics" you get from the stuff. It's interpreted by Lorewalker Cho.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sha never made an appearance until after the pandaren revolted when the emporer tried to strip himself of all negative emotions. There's no reason given why they never showed themselves before that.

The mogu, to answer another question asked, were a primitive race that were hyper evolved by the waters of the Vale of Eternal blossom the same way it transformed murlocs into Jinyu. Similar to how nightelves evolved from trolls because of the Well of Eternity.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-10-08 at 09:08 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Too stubborn to be infected.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The sha never made an appearance until after the pandaren revolted when the emporer tried to strip himself of all negative emotions. There's no reason given why they never showed themselves before that.
    true
    But the mogu are trying to reclaim their throne in the midst of Sha eruptions, so its a very interesting question OP

But the Mogu themselves are not stone constructs, they are as flesh and blood as us.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone wants to revive the Sha in 5.1 and on.

We assumed it'd be Garrosh....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It is possible that since the Mogu are already full of negative emotion they cannot be manipulated by the Sha. For most mind controlling techniques rage has always been the best to ward off being controlled.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    It is possible that since the Mogu are already full of negative emotion they cannot be manipulated by the Sha. For most mind controlling techniques rage has always been the best to ward off being controlled.
    well I woulndt really say the Sha "mind control" people.
    To me they just amplify already existing emotions.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    well I woulndt really say the Sha "mind control" people.
    To me they just amplify already existing emotions.
    Agreed and while the Mogu are not being directly controlled they could be amplifying the Mogu's lust for lost power and would explain the sudden uprising of mogu upon our arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Doing the Lorewalker reputation stuff, you find out that they enslaved pandaren to fight mantids. And pandaren fought back with their fists because they had no weapons, which is why monks exist. It's kinda cool stuff, do it yourself and if you dont like reading books, watch the "cinematics" you get from the stuff. It's interpreted by Lorewalker Cho.
    Pandaren were never made to fight, Mogu created the Saurok to do that, Pandaren were slaves to do farming and menial labor. Otherwise Mogu did their own fighting.
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sha were first mentioned during the Seven Burdens of Shaohao. Maybe they were even created by him back then when he cleansed himself of these negative emotions.
    If that is truely the case, there simply were no Sha during the reign of the Mogu.

They are coming back now as well as the Sha. Maybe we simply haven't seen a corrpution yet. And as you can probably guess, since the Thunder King has been revived and went missing soon afterwards, the story of the Mogu is most probably not over. Garajal the Spiritbinder will also return somehow as he proclaims himself after being defeated in Mogu'shan Vaults. Maybe we will get more information in the laer patches.

Deleted
    what if
    The Mogu evolved from the Sha....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    what if
    what if
    The Sha are spirits of various mogu kings?

Sha came from an old god - old gods can only corrupt organic beings which is why they made the curse of flesh. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    what if
    I dont think so, and thats because the Sha were created basically by the last emperor of Pandaria, Shaohao just by the time of the sundering, and the Mogu were there long time before that, even when they had the pandaren for slaves, and the Sha were created by the time that Pandaren were a independant empire.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Sha came from an old god - old gods can only corrupt organic beings which is why they made the curse of flesh. Maybe?
    Mmmh wait what? Someone correct this but I was under the impression that ''The Sha'' are the negative emotions from the very first panda emperor no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Mmmh wait what? Someone correct this but I was under the impression that ''The Sha'' are the negative emotions from the very first panda emperor no?
    No, do kilaxxi, they are old god in nature.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.