Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Monk aoe ruined?

My aoe was good before this wednesday and now it suck so much balls.

Can't really see why blizz is making the new class suck this much both in pve and pvp.

Talking about ww, and yes i know WW is decent in singletarget fights etc :>

The only change they applied to AoE was a fix for Zen Sphere.

Deleted
    Im not really seeing how the AOE is ruined?

He's talking about DPS, not heals. I have no idea what his problem is with it. Zen Sphere does less damage to each mob when it starts hitting more than 10. Oh noes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    He's talking about DPS, not heals. I have no idea what his problem is with it. Zen Sphere does less damage to each mob when it starts hitting more than 10. Oh noes.
    Which also happens by default to most aoe abilities.

In aoe packs im hitting 2k with SCK and FSK. so dno :S

Dang, that 30% healing nerf to SCK really did a number to our DPS.

The healing generated by Spinning Crane Kick has been reduced by 30%. No mention of SCK damage reduction. Please link were it says damage done was reduced.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

hitted like 19k + before so...

Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    The healing generated by Spinning Crane Kick has been reduced by 30%. No mention of SCK damage reduction. Please link were it says damage done was reduced.

It was def reduced, as stated by someone else in the thread, mine too magically drops down to doing about 2k per tick on crits instead of about 20k on some of the larger packs, and not even 10 mob packs. Pretty sure Dot classes that can spread dots get more than 2k per tick on crits, I know I was @ 85 on my DK and my Lock.

For sure, it was the healing aspect of the ability. And even if they did, it's probably minor loss. We're still decent in PvE and its better to be underpowered than overpowered in PvP. I don't think they wanted another S5 and then we get really nerf to the ground. Either way, you'll live for the next day.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

So they broke the ability by unintended drawback of poorly implemented hotfix. Someone is surprised?
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2012-10-10 at 05:26 PM.

My daily questing last night seemed unimpeded. 2-3 SCK's to take down a pack of 110k-ish targets. Depending on crits, some died to the second, some died to the third.

Don't know where you're getting 2k from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    My daily questing last night seemed unimpeded. 2-3 SCK's to take down a pack of 110k-ish targets. Depending on crits, some died to the second, some died to the third.

Don't know where you're getting 2k from.
    The dog packs in the beginning of Mogu vaults, which are more than 10 mobs, but also the troll pack right before Spiritbinder, which I believe is 6 or 8 mobs.

So SCK is like you do 2k ticks when its more than 10 mobs? Since yeah the aoe packs before first boss i didnt do anything dmg, but before this wednesday i owned that pack completely.

Some of the packs I noticed in LFR have a buff that makes them take reduced aoe damage by 90%. Things like DKs debuffs and rogues poison still ticced at a normal rate as those 2 had the highest damage that pull but everyone else who tried to aoe didn't do well or just had to single target. Are you confusing it with this maybe? I only ran LFR once and don't know much about all the trash mechanics as in when they get this buff for example, but could this be what you're experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zene View Post
    Some of the packs I noticed in LFR have a buff that makes them take reduced aoe damage by 90%. Things like DKs debuffs and rogues poison still ticced at a normal rate as those 2 had the highest damage that pull but everyone else who tried to aoe didn't do well or just had to single target. Are you confusing it with this maybe? I only ran LFR once and don't know much about all the trash mechanics as in when they get this buff for example, but could this be what you're experiencing?
    Hm, might be this then, didnt really look for a debuff/buff on the trash :>

Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    We're still decent in PvE
    WW was never decent in PvE. We have zero utility and our damage is below most melee, not to even mention ranged.

SCK hasn't been nerfed, at least not for me. The dog trash definitely has aoe damage reduction aura (the big dog), not sure about troll trash but I haven't noticed any.

You must be confused by the Stone Guard trash. When one of the dogs turn big and red all of the small ones take 90% less AoE damage. It has always been like this.

Yeah, you have to single target the big red stone dogs, while they are up the rest of the dogs take no damage. Before you go saying blizzard nerfed you maybe think about looking into fight mechanics.