Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should I play WoW again?

I used to play WoW from Vanilla to Mid-Cataclysm. I used to enjoy playing hours and hours on the game leveling up my warrior/priest and eventually raiding with them. However, in Cata everything just got dry for me. The raiding wasn't very fun and i just found myself sitting in Stormwind/Other major cities. Just wondering, Is there anything in MoP thats better than the other expansions?

Hmmmm....
    Short answer, no.

If you managed to get away from it, stay away, nothing there is worth returning tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeguywar View Post
    I used to play WoW from Vanilla to Mid-Cataclysm. I used to enjoy playing hours and hours on the game leveling up my warrior/priest and eventually raiding with them. However, in Cata everything just got dry for me. The raiding wasn't very fun and i just found myself sitting in Stormwind/Other major cities. Just wondering, Is there anything in MoP thats better than the other expansions?
    Compared to Cata the end game is miles better. Much more to do. You wont stay in cities because of that. Massive amount of content. No debate there really. My guild is really happy with this expansion so far and it looks good going intot he future. Raiding has been fine but the other stuff is a huge upgrade from Cata.

Bear in mind people on forums tend to be negative nancys. The comment like the above doesnt really qualify why it isnt worth coming back to.
    Last edited by mmoc839c7d7be3; 2012-10-10 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I played from the release of Maraudon in 2005 until one one month pre-MoP release,

I'm considering returning just to quest, hear the music, and view the beautiful zones since I've heard so many wonderful things about it all.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Hmmmm....
    Short answer, no.

If you managed to get away from it, stay away, nothing there is worth returning tbh.
    This here.

I was sceptical going in, but one thing is for sure Blizzard was not lying when they said they wanted to get people out in the world. I barely stay in a major city ( including the ones in the Vale) for more than 5-10 minutes because I have more than enough to do right now. Granted alot of it involves dailies at times, but still it does give you something.

Heroics are faceroll easy though, so go in expecting End of WotLK vs Cata/TBC level of difficulty. The good ( or bad depending on how you look at it) thing though is once you get the 463 gear, there isn't much need to run them over and over every day.

I will also add that the leveling experience is pretty good too.

Yes it is so much better!

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP has been a great expansion so far. I'm loving that dailys give you valor. I never minded doing dailys, just couldn't justify doing all that work for such little pay. Now that you can get gear from it, it's pretty cool.

No run! I made the mistake of coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if your main focus is pvp
    Pve: not sure, depend what you liked in pve
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    Surely the divergence of opinion above suggests that this is an entirely subjective issue. No one can tell whether it is 'worth it' for you to come back or not. Everyone's impressions of Pandaria are different; I disagree with a fellow guildie on Pandaria's pros and cons, whereas we were in complete agreement re: Northrend.

Do you have a friend who is still playing? Perhaps an hour or two watching him/her in the new zones would be helpful in getting a taste of what this expansion is all about.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

No you should not.

If you are looking to get back into MMOs, pick a different one. There is at least four MMOs on the market that are currently better choices than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for the 10 day trial if you're on the fence. There is plenty of reasons to come back but you're the only one who you'll truly know.

I'd deffinately say yes.. I took a hiatus for a few months and then played GW2 for alittle bit.. wasn't at all what I really wanted, and got super bored after like 2 weeks. When MoP came out, I waited a few weeks, then just recently got it. It's a blast honestly. Beautiful zones and dungeons, Monks are fun, some of the zones quests are great. Was a breath of fresh air for me.

No it sucks right now.

I would advise not coming back for this expansion.

I have been locked into the Annual Pass agreement so I had to try out the expansion since my sub wont expire for a bit. It's horrible. Probably the worst expansion to date imo. PvE is lacklustre and the PvP is horribly imbalanced and plays like its beta....

Seems they put all their efforts into mini-games such as the pet battle system so they can sell more pets and make more cash at the expense of quality gameplay and content.

Not to mention they've messed up the lore hard by trying to market to asians and younger kids by basing the whole storyline on chinese pandas. Its world of chinacraft: mists of pandaland at the moment, and its horribly written from the quest lore to the instance lore.

I would advise checking up on the forums about the next expansion when its about to come out instead of returning to WoW now. Thats what I am gonna do once my sub ends. Worst expansion so far.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Hmmmm....
    Short answer, no.

I agree with this tbh.

Though I have to say, there is so much to do, the only reason to get back into WoW at this stage is if you really have NOTHING else going for you. It's way to time consuming with 500 dailies to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Many haters in this thread O_O oh well, haters gonna hate!

Yes OP, the game is substantially improved from Cataclysm in regards to the afking in cities/world of queuecraft issues. If you enjoyed the game all that time (vanilla to mid-cata), it's fair to say you're going to enjoy the new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I was sceptical going in, but one thing is for sure Blizzard was not lying when they said they wanted to get people out in the world. I barely stay in a major city ( including the ones in the Vale) for more than 5-10 minutes because I have more than enough to do right now. Granted alot of it involves dailies at times, but still it does give you something.

Heroics are faceroll easy though, so go in expecting End of WotLK vs Cata/TBC level of difficulty. The good ( or bad depending on how you look at it) thing though is once you get the 463 gear, there isn't much need to run them over and over every day.

I will also add that the leveling experience is pretty good too.
    I disagree. This is just the.. what? third week? Then of course, I was too doing many things in Cataclysm. You have to look at it from a perspective of where the player see their-selves in a month or two, because let's face it, that's what wow is. Its super amazing at first but in a month, you start to doubt paying for the subscription.

I didn't play it since my account has been locked, so my opinion is crap but I do know that you are going to need to wait after a month or two, that's the only way to get a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    it's fair to say you're going to enjoy the new stuff.
    500 pointless dailies, farmville, pokemon, worthlessly imbalanced pvp, no successor to TB and less than a handful of lacklustre chinese looking raids and 5 mans is all you have to look forward to OP.

If you like those then go ahead. I am regretting supporting this new lazy direction the devs are taking with my cash. Horrible.
    Last edited by Vokal; 2012-10-11 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't tell you to play a game or not, only you can make that choice. but I would say the game has changed alot & the land of Pandaria is actually alive with people all over the place & not confined in cities.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    No it sucks right now.

I would advise not coming back for this expansion.

I have been locked into the Annual Pass agreement so I had to try out the expansion since my sub wont expire for a bit. It's horrible. Probably the worst expansion to date imo. PvE is lacklustre and the PvP is horribly imbalanced and plays like its beta....

Seems they put all their efforts into mini-games such as the pet battle system so they can sell more pets and make more cash at the expense of quality gameplay and content.

Not to mention they've messed up the lore hard by trying to market to asians and younger kids by basing the whole storyline on chinese pandas. Its world of chinacraft: mists of pandaland at the moment, and its horribly written from the quest lore to the instance lore.

I would advise checking up on the forums about the next expansion when its about to come out instead of returning to WoW now. Thats what I am gonna do once my sub ends. Worst expansion so far.

Good luck.
    I always try to support & allow people to have there opinions, but this one I can't, it just sounds like the poster never even made it to 86 or to pandaria at all. Just looks like a bashing post with no source or feedback to prove the claims at all. There a couple others in the thread aswell, but this one sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-10-11 at 12:15 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.