• No.

30 18.87%
  • I'm a cookiemonster on acid

25 15.72%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you consider yourself to be "geeky"?

No offense to geeky people, just wondering if you think or know you are.

I found myself in this predicament about a year ago. I went from a going out 24/7 guy (bars, clubs, friends, sports) to a stay at home 24/7 guy playing WoW all day. My sister called me a geek one day, and i was like... "wtf you are right.. Change of plans!". So now i'm sober for a year (nomore WoW for this Bloodelf) and picked up my old life.

So, are you geeky? And if so, what makes you geeky?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2012-10-11 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I definately consider myself geeky. Even though I still go out with friends on occasion, I often spend my evening in front of my computer, either playing games or watching movies or whatever. And often when I visit my friends, it's to game at their place together. I don't feel bad about this though. It's a lifestyle I like. As long as I manage to take care of myself decently, I don't care if I'm a geek.

I can program in 19 languages, I have played almost every RPG ever released in english(and quite a few not). I can fix just about any electronics out there from resoldering micro connections on your smartphones motherboard to hooking up your 12.1 surround sound system.

But... I'm also a loud/foul mouthed prick who has no problem taking control and running whatever show I happen to be a part of. Oh.. and I talk to girls on a day to day basis.... so idk... I might be geeky. Who cares?

Deleted
    Definitely am. I play games albeit not so rigorously anymore, I have an unending thirst for knowledge about anything and everything, love to read, I compiled my first PC when I was 10.. List goes on.

What puzzles me is how negatively you view being a geek.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Definitely am. I play games albeit not so rigorously anymore, I have an unending thirst for knowledge about anything and everything, love to read, I compiled my first PC when I was 10.. List goes on.

What puzzles me is how negatively you view being a geek.
    I don't see it as a negative thing.

Deleted
    A little bit, but mostly I'm just a normal guy.

In looks: no.
    In personality: no.
    In lifestyle: yes, as long as gaming and living a mostly unsocial, at home life is considered geeky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch tv shows, read game lore, play WoW/and heaps of other games.
    Put PCs together, read a few comics. Watch super-hero movies. Some anime. Read heaps of books.

Yeah, I'm a geek
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't consider myself a geek, because a geek is a sideshow act that eats wierd stuff

I AM a nerd however

I play ALOT of games, mostly RPG's I LOVE Dungeons and Dragons.... Actually I play Legend of the Five Rings, it's like DnD but based on Samurai!
    I read fantasy Fiction, I even write my own! although it IS terrible
    I'm obsessed with Anime and Manga, which I read/watch in the original Japanese, to help me learn the language (seriously, it does actually help )
    I'm also very much into Japanese History, especially the fuedal era.

Do I think this is a bad thing?

Do I FUCK, nerds RUN this fucking planet, me may not be 'alpha' males, but at the end of the day, we're the ones heading companies. The sporty 'popular' guys, the ones who bullied us in school? Yeah they're the ones doing the manual labour.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Oh.. and I talk to girls on a day to day basis....
    Honestly, as soon as you feel the need to point at that you talk to girls on a day to day basis as if its some kind of acheivement, its not a good sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Yes i am. My girlfriend calls me a geek aswell. But i know she wouldnt want it any other way

Honestly, I consider anyone who's really into any one thing a "geek", not just the gamer types. Like guys who constantly talk about sports and almost nothing else, are in fantasy leagues, make a HUGE DEAL out of game days and stuff are sports geeks in my eyes.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I don't see it as a negative thing.
    Sorry, must've got that impression from you apologizing for calling people geek, and switching lifestyle after your sister called you one. Oh and saying non-geek life is "sober"..

10+ Year Old Account
    I wear glasses, I'm pale, I stay up late, I play games for a stupidly unhuman amount of time, yeah I'd say I fit "geeky" pretty well.

Honestly, as soon as you feel the need to point at that you talk to girls on a day to day basis as if its some kind of acheivement, its not a good sign.
    I would consider the need to call someone out on the literal interpretation a very obvious and extremely thinly veiled joke not a good sign.

Sorry, must've got that impression from you apologizing for calling people geek, and switching lifestyle after your sister called you one. Oh and saying non-geek life is "sober"..
    2nded, same thoughts.

Depends on how you define "geek". I usually define it as being someone who has no concept of the outside world, which I think I have; so no, I'm not a geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    No offense to geeky people, just wondering if you think or know you are.

I found myself in this predicament about a year ago. I went from a going out 24/7 guy (bars, clubs, friends, sports) to a stay at home 24/7 guy playing WoW all day. My sister called me a geek one day, and i was like... "wtf you are right.. Change of plans!". So now i'm sober for a year (nomore WoW for this Bloodelf) and picked up my old life.

So, are you geeky? And if so, what makes you geeky?
    I rarely reply to threads, but I found this funny.

What is so much better about going out to clubs and bars 24/7 than playing games 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I rarely reply to threads, but I found this funny.

What is so much better about going out to clubs and bars 24/7 than playing games 24/7?
    Social contact, I guess. There's no way it's worth it, depending on where you live; in Australia, for example, alcohol is taxed so heavily it costs $5 for a glass of beer at the pub(at least, last time I checked, I haven't gone out to drink in a long while)- And let's not even start on mixed drinks, or the markups at clubs.

Get mates to bring their own bottles of something to mix+mixers around to your place, you'll save tons of money and probably have a better time. You can also smoke pot if that's your thing.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2012-10-11 at 01:06 AM.

Nope, I'm a cookiemonster on acid

i think over last 20 years the meaning of geek and nerd kinda changed. tbh, ppl who are not geeks today are wierd lol

if someone calls me geek i say fuk yeah....cuz theres nothing wrong with it. geeks drink, geeks date, geeks have social life, geeks party...and they are also into computer techonolgy, games, science and all normal things today. i dont even wanna talk with ppl who are not at least geeks cuz they are boring. even the ppl who play sports today are at least on some lvl geeks, cuz in free time what they do....play xbox or ps. its not like some club paid millions for them so they can go party everynight and drink.

the definition of geek is changed. be proud that you are geek

now nerds are extreme geeks, but i respect them...they rule the world