oh and since there's been a lot on the graphics and stuff...thread needs some soundtrack appreciation

https://soundcloud.com/jackbookpro/a...amacho/s-EJAG1
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Chris Roberts with a post about the MobiGlass design features in Star Citizen (since he's no longer doing regular Letter's from the Chairman) posts.

Incredibly neat, but I wonder how managing that for all ships will work out. Or for salvaging when out looking for wrecks ... will it keep those looks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I hope that weapon is just to demonstrate the damage effects. That seems a little over powered for a handheld gun. Unless it somehow doesn't work on people.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I hope that weapon is just to demonstrate the damage effects. That seems a little over powered for a handheld gun. Unless it somehow doesn't work on people.
    Id assume its just to demonstrate what is planned, a handheld gun that can cut big holes through armoured ships is not likely to be something seen in game.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Id assume its just to demonstrate what is planned, a handheld gun that can cut big holes through armoured ships is not likely to be something seen in game.
    Yeah likely just a demonstration.

Though it'd be cool if those kind of effects did make their way into the FPS part of the game. If you can just blast away cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yeah likely just a demonstration.
    Though it'd be cool if those kind of effects did make their way into the FPS part of the game. If you can just blast away cover.
    I don't see why not. When the item still has HP you just get scorch marks, then when the HP is depleted you start seeing it chew away the texture, etc.

Showing off how ships use the in system Quantum drive for fast travel (max of .2 light speed).

SC has also passed $72 million in funding a few days ago.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-02-05 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Looking so much forward to this!

Would you really bend light like that only going .2C?

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Would you really bend light like that only going .2C?
    Let's face reality: "Science fiction" in the vein of Star Trek, SG1, 'Wars, etc (and Star Citizen) has pretty much no actual science involved at all; it's all made up science. In reality, spaceships wouldn't have that big ass engine at the back and fly like an airplane; they'd have a bunch of engines all over the place. Just go with it!

First time poster here on this thread. Checked out the website a little bit. Whats the general story of this game? Are there classes/races? Any information or fan related sites would be awesome. This game looks sick.

Thanks!

Also is a joystick required?
    Last edited by Drae58; 2015-02-09 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drae58 View Post
    First time poster here on this thread. Checked out the website a little bit. Whats the general story of this game? Are there classes/races? Any information or fan related sites would be awesome. This game looks sick.

Thanks!

Classes? Woah I don't know where to even begin to explain what Star Citizen is. Actually come to think of it I do read this, the unofficial, official SC manual. Joystick being required? No, not really.

Whats the general story of this game?
    Takes place a millennium from today; the Roman Empire has risen again as the UEE. We have invented the FTL drive and have made alliances with a few aliens, as well as an arch enemy of the Vanduul. That's the general lore; in the singleplayer campaign mode, your a less-than-satisfactory navy pilot who's been sent to Squadron 42, a disciplinary formation with a legendary reputation for not doing things by the book. The PU (Persistent universe, the multiplayer component, etc etc) your anyone who you want to be. You can be a brigand, explorer, bodyguard for hire, bounty hunter, whatever. There are no classes or player stats; it's a sandbox space sim in the same vein as Chris Robert's (the man who is running the project) earlier games like Freelancer, and the well known Wing Commander series.

Any information or fan related sites would be awesome.
    I don't follow fan sites; just whatever information is brought up through the official channels. You can start by scrolling down a little on the front page and checking out the key points, and possibly looking through Star Citizen's official youtube channel for more indepth information.

Bridger has an excellent ongoing podcast discussing anything and everything Star Citizen.

No, you can play it right now just fine without a joystick, but with definitely improves the immersion and experience.

- - - Updated - - -

New 10 for the Chairman up.

Those that have played, how's the learning curve? The only space games I have tried are SWG:JTL and Eve. Is more more like JTL where you can become somewhat competent with a little practice, Eve where you need months of training and a fucking flight manual to remember everything, or something in between?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    Those that have played, how's the learning curve? The only space games I have tried are SWG:JTL and Eve. Is more more like JTL where you can become somewhat competent with a little practice, Eve where you need months of training and a fucking flight manual to remember everything, or something in between?
    Easy to learn, hard to master. You can get fairly competent in just a few hours, though, especially if you've had experience in anything similar.

Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    Easy to learn, hard to master. You can get fairly competent in just a few hours, though, especially if you've had experience in anything similar.
    Sweet, thank you.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.