10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    idk about "EVE" sized battles...the limitation there will likely be client hardware taking a heroic shit. But a few big ships and a bunch of little ships, probably.
    The only if size battles I can think of is the one where 300k worth of ships had gotten destroyed. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-battle.html. ive seen some videos of these size fights. The game lags so much almost nothing can be done. As well if these sized thing were done in the cry 3 engine video cards could pop imo XD
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    The only if size battles I can think of is the one where 300k worth of ships had gotten destroyed. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-battle.html. ive seen some videos of these size fights. The game lags so much almost nothing can be done. As well if these sized thing were done in the cry 3 engine video cards could pop imo XD
    Yeah, luckily space itself is somewhat empty, Arena Commander generally runs a lot smoother than the Hangar or Social modules do. Though once entering a ship once that Occlusion Culling kicks in too, things speed up a lot. But yeah certainly it'd reach a tipping point in terms of the number of ships in play. Presumably there'll be some fancy LOD shenanigans at play to help.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, luckily space itself is somewhat empty, Arena Commander generally runs a lot smoother than the Hangar or Social modules do. Though once entering a ship once that Occlusion Culling kicks in too, things speed up a lot. But yeah certainly it'd reach a tipping point in terms of the number of ships in play. Presumably there'll be some fancy LOD shenanigans at play to help.
    I just want them to take their time and get it down right and not to try and cut corners, I see people complaining about its development time but I see other MMOs and well here's an image to talk better about it i mean i hooe it doesnt reach the same length in time as elderscrolls did. But i think they are going at a decent pace right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting to watch the game pass 100 million in the next 2 months, I assume there will be the yearly anniversary sale in November anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Will be interesting to watch the game pass 100 million in the next 2 months, I assume there will be the yearly anniversary sale in November anyway.
    Yep, it's already been confirmed there will be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biiiiiitch bitch biiiiitch.

Speaking of Blizzcon, that's what multi billion dollar companies get to have after 25 years of making stuff and making bank. Blizzard's monthly revenue is more than SC has earned in it's entire 2 years of crowdfunding. Ponder about that next time you think about "devs wasting money" or "not seeing anything for years."
    Blizzcon is actually a loss for them. That said Chris Roberts did kind of attack someone over that article.

I just want them to take their time and get it down right and not to try and cut corners, I see people complaining about its development time but I see other MMOs and well here's an image to talk better about it
    We're more privy to information then we were in the EQ, WoW days. ES, well they kept that under the hood. How they did it I don't know but information is easily available now a days.

I'd figure MMO's take a long time. My belief was newer mmos take less time since technology has improved and went up. However, SC is using a modified version of the Crysis engine so....they got their hands full.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2015-10-17 at 11:53 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Blizzcon is actually a loss for them. That said Chris Roberts did kind of attack someone over that article.
    Yea, but I think Chris Roberts had good reason to get mad over the article, especially because one of the Twitter accounts communicating with the author had doxxed CR's family and posted a picture of his daughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBurkes View Post
    Yea, but I think Chris Roberts had good reason to get mad over the article, especially because one of the Twitter accounts communicating with the author had doxxed CR's family and posted a picture of his daughter.
    I'll need evidence of that but still, no reason to attack someone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'll need evidence of that but still, no reason to attack someone.
    He posted the evidence with screenshots in his letter/rant. Also by now, I think there is a general consensus that the Escapist article had issues with its sources and had bias.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I would recommend people to simply try Star Citizen for themselves and evaluate what's currently in the game as it approaches 3 years in development. Keep in mind that whereas most MMO pre-orders charge their customers extra to get into alpha/beta, Star Citizen essentially offers a discount for alpha/beta access.

You can currently play the game for free until 10/25 using the code CITCONFLIGHT2K15 here at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...citizencon2k15. You'll be able to test out any ship currently flyable.

I also highly recommend checking out the new Star Map to get a sense of the game universe and lore, available here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

Please also consider using my referral code STAR-TBGJ-L2K7 when creating your account. You'll receive $5 of free Voyager Direct credit and I'll make progress towards my referral goals!

And when using the spiffy Starmap, remember it was one of those stretch goals people like to hate on so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    And when using the spiffy Starmap, remember it was one of those stretch goals people like to hate on so much.
    I'd use it but apparently my browser isn't capable of doing so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'd use it but apparently my browser isn't capable of doing so....
    Check your chrome settings (if using chrome, obviously) to make sure that hardware acceleration is enabled.

I had it off and WebGL would shit itself.

and no don't use Burkes code, use mine! STAR-MLNP-DYKQ

mwahaha, mine is cooler because it has only letters.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-10-18 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The coping your account to the PTU is now up if people wanted to get that set up

10+ Year Old Account
    and the retaliator is supposedly flyable right now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    courtesy of the latest AtV, the Xi'an Scout finally has an update.

Looks like one of those shiny luxury sports cars, but in SSPPAAACCEE!!!

Deleted
    more jpegs.... great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    more jpegs.... great
    Glad to see you've finally come around, all that negativity couldn't have been good for your health.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    more jpegs.... great
    You've stepped up to quoting D. Smurt directly now

Patch 1.3 (which has been in testing in the PTU for a couple of weeks), is going to the Live system today. Very good reviews for the additions made from people playing the PTU and it really does seem they are well on the way to patch 2.0.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...tizen-Alpha-13