You have the biggest hard on for crying over a video game ever.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I kinda regret throwing money into this game. The direction and progress really does not seem comforting. I'm still hanging to whatever hope there is left...

And to be honest, the SC community is toxic. I have to say Chris Roberts managed to found a new religion. SC itself has literally turned into a religion, its too big to be a cult lol. With all the "Zealots" and "Heretics".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
    I kinda regret throwing money into this game. The direction and progress really does not seem comforting. I'm still hanging to whatever hope there is left...

And to be honest, the SC community is toxic. I have to say Chris Roberts managed to found a new religion. SC itself has literally turned into a religion, its too big to be a cult lol. With all the "Zealots" and "Heretics".
    What direction were you wanting SC to go? Unless you backed within the first 2 months, it's been going the direction that they said it would. Its been going exactly as I saw it back in 2013. And i completely agree that the general discussion section is toxic as shit. Most of the people that are posting there are polar opposites; people like EvcRo that have no idea what theyre talking about and get forum vacations frequently, or people that have a hard on for CR, not very much in the middle in that place. I tend to find the reasonable discussions on the specific ship threads and PTU testing threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Well im kinda impressed with 2.0.

I still have 3k euros on a paypal acc i used during my wow botting carreer.

I guess im gonna buy a new rig + an Idris.

Anyone know when Idris ll be avaible for sale ? I heard they went very fast time
    a lesson in trolling well done young padawan

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post

That is because people are stupid, you should expect nothing less from a bunch of neckbeards, you get two types of people in a community with as much open access as the RSI forums have. I am surprised that they allow non backers to post on their forums, because you just wind up with the pessimists and windbags who do nothing but derail shit with their negativity rather than having reasonable discussions, and you get the occasional 40 something Wing Commander fanboy who wants to bang Chris Roberts. Honestly, people need to be realistic that SC is well over a year from getting released in a live state, but it isn't some fucking vaporware that people like EvcRo and Zeta keep clamoring over. Both are irritating as hell to be honest. I expect we will see one or two episodes of Squadron 42 before Star Citizen goes live.

Either way, the game is considerably behind target because engineering the entire thing has caused major road blocks
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2015-12-14 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That is because people are stupid, you should expect nothing less from a bunch of neckbeards, you get two types of people in a community with as much open access as the RSI forums have. I am surprised that they allow non backers to post on their forums, because you just wind up with the pessimists and windbags who do nothing but derail shit with their negativity rather than having reasonable discussions, and you get the occasional 40 something Wing Commander fanboy who wants to bang Chris Roberts. Honestly, people need to be realistic that SC is well over a year from getting released in a live state, but it isn't some fucking vaporware that people like EvcRo and Zeta keep clamoring over. Both are irritating as hell to be honest. I expect we will see one or two episodes of Squadron 42 before Star Citizen goes live.

Either way, the game is considerably behind target because engineering the entire thing has caused major road blocks
    They actually blocked non backers from posting on their forums a while back, if you see anyone on there outside the subforum intended for newcomer questions with a negative attitude, its a backer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You have the biggest hard on for crying over a video game ever.
    You could say he's a Cryhard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    EVA'd around stuff.
    Wandered around Olisar.
    Crashed into a torus in my Gladius.
    QD'd to stuff, blew up some pirates and some nerd.
    Landed on the security station, got a gun, shot 2 nerds.
    No crashes.
    Sadly had to resort back to 1440p instead of surround.

A fine evening indeed.
    Where do you have to go to shoot people? Barely poked my head in to try the alpha so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Where do you have to go to shoot people? Barely poked my head in to try the alpha so far
    It's pretty much a free for all, so just go to any objective and you will likely run into another player.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    It's pretty much a free for all, so just go to any objective and you will likely run into another player.
    No gun though, and when flying around the locations i could see with B was soooo far away D:

10+ Year Old Account
    No gun though, and when flying around the locations i could see with B was soooo far away D:
    You have to use the quantum travel button to get there ( I don't remember what the hotkey is) And you find guns at the locations.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Here's a nice Alpha 2.0 quick start guide for new players someone put together which can help you...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...k_start_guide/

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to win the game in your ship, press right-alt and backspace, in 10 seconds you will become god-mode

also it sorta sucks you cant join your friends in your server without trying millions of times to find that same server only for it to be filled up :/

Security Station is generally the "total pvp" area, since that's where you find the guns.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

During this week's 10 for the Chairman, Roberts said that they are trying to get PU Alpha 2.1 to the Public Test Universe by Christmas. Here are some of the features for that patch...

The Million Mile High Club: (An exclusive bar only accessible to early backers.)
    Character Customizer (armor / Clothes)
    Increase number of supported players
    FPS cover system
    FPS Starts/Stops
    FPS Aim/look pose separation
    Physicalized EVA (For example if you eva into a wall, your character will reach out and brace himself against it so he doesn't slam into it.)
    Holotable improvement
    Main menu art
    FPS Hit reaction
    FPS No weapon locomotion
    FPS P4AR polish
    FPS ArcLight polish
    SPACEFLIGHT UI optimization
    SPACEFLIGHT Focus Mode polish

Also, there is tomorrow's holiday livestream at 11:00 AM PST where they'll be talking about future plans.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-12-15 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    plus SUPPOSEDLY 2 (maybe more) ships, Freelancer and Vanguard

the live stream was so good, i can't wait till the phoenix is ready to fly
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

God this game is coming a long better than I thought as far as the tech goes. Can't wait to start testing out those new systems.

Thank god for Crytek having their money issues or else Roberts wouldn't have been able to get the original engineers who created CryEngine in the first place. This is almost all Foundry 42 Germany's work.

EDIT - Also during the livestream, Roberts announced that come Jan. 31st, Squadron 42 will no longer be sold with the Star Citizen backer package and it will be it's own separate purchase. I'm guessing that means that S42 will be coming out sometime this year as a separate game, so if you're interested in SC, you have until Jan. 31st to get both games for $45.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2015-12-16 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    EDIT - Also during the livestream, Roberts announced that come Jan. 31st, Squadron 42 will no longer be sold with the Star Citizen backer package and it will be it's own separate purchase. I'm guessing that means that S42 will be coming out sometime this year as a separate game, so if you're interested in SC, you have until Jan. 31st to get both games for $45.
    Heck, even $30 for a little bit while supplies last.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...itizen-Starter

The latest videos look amazing