Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I really hope there arnt rules against scamming and pirating and ganking. Though i know i shouldnt hold my breath on this.
    They'll be right along side the rules on how asteroids the size of a volkswagen curve your bullets like in Wanted.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

That video didn't even show possibly the most fun tactic: Decouple and flip a 180, then lay on lateral thrusters to alleviate making yourself quite as easy of a target. Or Decouple, 180, lateral thrust + main thrust for a slick drifting turn.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    That video didn't even show possibly the most fun tactic: Decouple and flip a 180, then lay on lateral thrusters to alleviate making yourself quite as easy of a target. Or Decouple, 180, lateral thrust + main thrust for a slick drifting turn.
    Why cant decouple just be the normal flight mode like it should be though?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because clearly they want to give people options with how they choose to play.

Sweet fuck, how do you still not even understand what it is after 66 pages? You can't just have decoupled mode running in tandem with pitch/yaw/roll/strafe, it wouldn't even work unless you have 3 arms. Unless you want to explain to everyone how you're going to achieve 6DoF and simultaneously have absolute control of your craft's orientation in a sphere independent to your vector?

It's shit like this that makes my head hurt.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-20 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    They'll be right along side the rules on how asteroids the size of a volkswagen curve your bullets like in Wanted.
    This sentence with that avatar.. I'm crying .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Im not a fan of the game so far, it has a lot of promise but the combat is really bad atm. I feel like I am playing a drifting competition in a car game.
    Last edited by Scarzi; 2014-08-20 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    I hope they're not going full-retard with the physics accuracy. Too much realism can be really annoying, after all we play games to escape reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarzi View Post
    I don't really like the physics atm, they made the fighters move at a factor of 2 and they slide so much now before getting any speed to move in another direction.
    Not sure what that even means...?

0.9 will be doubling the top speed of ships in Arena Commander.

As for the sliding, what are you flying? My hornet is pretty responsive, actually more responsive now than back in June. You need to take into account that the manoeuvring thrusters are gimbal'd and there's a slight delay in reorienting them from position A to B. Other than that, not sure what you mean by sliding around so much? I mean you do drift a bit if you're turning, because that's how inertia works and so on until you've accumulated enough thrust in a direction to negate it.

/shrug, hopefully you can get used to it. Or maybe they've got some retuning in mind. Saving your boost for making sharp course corrections can help a lot.

As for the sliding, what are you flying? My hornet is pretty responsive, actually more responsive now than back in June. You need to take into account that the manoeuvring thrusters are gimbal'd and there's a slight delay in reorienting them from position A to B. Other than that, not sure what you mean by sliding around so much? I mean you do drift a bit if you're turning, because that's how inertia works and so on until you've accumulated enough thrust in a direction to negate it.

/shrug, hopefully you can get used to it. Or maybe they've got some retuning in mind. Saving your boost for making sharp course corrections can help a lot.

They're also going to add a thruster boost (not sure if that's coming in 0.9 or later). That will add another layer to the flight mechanics that could lead to some interesting maneuvers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraim View Post
    They're also going to add a thruster boost (not sure if that's coming in 0.9 or later). That will add another layer to the flight mechanics that could lead to some interesting maneuvers.
    Crazy Ivans for everyone!.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

they already increased the speed of fighters in the last patch on friday. It was the only thing they did besides adding in the connie and secretly the omni cannons can shoot 1500m now which gives the 300 somewhat a level playing field with the hornet. They are still squishy and its so easy to knock out both quadrons in their shield from one direction.
    Last edited by Scarzi; 2014-08-20 at 06:55 PM.

they already increased the speed of fighters in the last patch on friday. It was the only thing they did besides adding in the connie and secretly the omni cannons can shoot 1500m now which gives the 300 somewhat a level playing field with the hornet. They are still squishy and its so easy to knock out both quadrons in their shield from one direction.
    Pretty sure they didn't touch the speed at all last patch. That's a 0.9 change which should be out on the 29th. There would be way much more on the RSI forums about it if that were the case, even if it was just a stealth change. Now granted I've been too busy to try it for the last few days, so I can't definitively say that you're imagining things But a change like that would not go through so quietly.

I don't see how the omnisky's shooting 50% further than anything the hornet has is somehow a balancing checkmark? I guess I could just put omnisky's on my hornet
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-20 at 07:30 PM.

Eh, most poor Hornets I meet are too sluggish to even have a chance against my 300i. That said, the only "tactic" i can't beat in hornets is when they go turret mode, i.e stay in one place and fire constantly at me. I can always just run away though.

ALL that said, I'm not sure it's the ship or player skill, as I've only flown a 300i. I'm gonna grab an Avenger as soon as it's out though.

I assume it's just a toggle. If you want to leave it on permanently, go ahead. They call it a "mode" but really it's going to just be something you seamlessly use during flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Eh, most poor Hornets I meet are too sluggish to even have a chance against my 300i. That said, the only "tactic" i can't beat in hornets is when they go turret mode, i.e stay in one place and fire constantly at me. I can always just run away though.

ALL that said, I'm not sure it's the ship or player skill, as I've only flown a 300i. I'm gonna grab an Avenger as soon as it's out though.
    Here's an interesting video made by a player saying that it is possible to fly a Hornet with skill instead of just sitting there and turreting. He's a pretty good pilot (at least far, far better than me).

Also, damn hornets are bullet sponges. And ramming is the most dangerous thing that can happen to you at the moment :P

I assume like most things: You can play with skill with the Hornet -- it just requires a lot more effort than being a lazy turret, and turreting has proven (so far) to still be fairly effective.

I assume like most things: You can play with skill with the Hornet -- it just requires a lot more effort than being a lazy turret, and turreting has proven (so far) to still be fairly effective.
    Pretty much yeah. And being a bullet sponge (just finished a match as I'm typing this, there's this dude who was afk/dc'd, I was literally within 100 m stationary and shooting at him, my weapons overheated before his shields depleted :P) they just don't care if they get hit.

Would be funny if they added some sort of battery/alternator type mechanic for your energy levels. Something that requires motion to charge it. Sitting still would work for a period, but you'd quickly run out of power until you spun up your engines again.

Personally I don't find it very fun to sit there turret'ing, I have way more fun flying like a fuckin' mad man.