10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Excited but I don't see any mention of SLI/Crossfire fixes yet
    It will come, in time but no current ETA.

Download speeds are also hilariously bad, getting 400 KB/s on a 500/50 connection that does 40MB/s on steam here. Their servers are overloaded and crammed.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It will come, in time but no current ETA.

Download speeds are also hilariously bad, getting 400 KB/s on a 500/50 connection that does 40MB/s on steam here. Their servers are overloaded and crammed.
    Yeah I know, it's just the one thing really preventing me from playing much heh.

As for the servers, afaik they use Amazon CDN services. Or something similar, are you by chance using a public DNS? I've helped a few people with hilariously bad download speeds because they're using a public dns like google which is dicking with the location services of the CDN. So they're downloading from geographically inappropriate locations. Because CDN's are lazy and use your nameserver location to set your download locale. Something to consider!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if i agree with the changes done to the targeting system when using a gamepad or a mouse but the new afterburner is awesome, they where not joking when they said the m50 would be small and fast.

Where's the store option to upgrade from a 315p to a 350r? I don't see anywhere.

Deleted
    This game looks awesome, why no one did tell me so i could had backed thed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NetterMizuno View Post
    This game looks awesome, why no one did tell me so i could had backed thed
    Yeah, welcome to the club - I'd love to have one of those LTI Ships in my hangar ...
    I'm still hesitant, the Arena Commander stuff is only a tiny, tiny fraction of the complete game, they're promising soooo much stuff and by the current frequency of their updates it'll probably take 10 years to get everything ready :/

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Yeah, welcome to the club - I'd love to have one of those LTI Ships in my hangar ...
    I'm still hesitant, the Arena Commander stuff is only a tiny, tiny fraction of the complete game, they're promising soooo much stuff and by the current frequency of their updates it'll probably take 10 years to get everything ready :/
    Well, in my humble opinion, the AC alone is worth the 60-ish euros I spent on my 300i.

On 0.9, the new HUD is beautiful and overall better, but the controls and how you interact with it....not so much.
    I just want to disable ship movement on my mouse and SIMPLY click on UI elements. The day I can do that I will be happy.

Regardless of how much I like Star Citizen or rather what it promises, I am holding off until there is a launch date on the horizon with most if not all promised features implemented and working.

Deleted
    I tried the Arena Commander last week with the DragonCon code and now they are offering me a discount on the Arena Commander starter package (it would cost me 32 euro). I must say it was pretty fun, but I'm still skeptical as it could just be a little bit on nostalgia as I haven't played a space sim since Freespace 2. Also Arena Commander is extremely limited in scope and it's hard to judge a game that wants to be very, very big by a small combat demo.

The thing that turns me off the most and makes me very suspicious about how they plan to monetize the game is that you can buy ships for real money. I know the developers said that everything will be available in game once it's released, but I don't see any reason to trust them and give them money so early for something that will be in development for 1-2 more years.

I think I'll pass for now and wait until I have a much better idea about what will the final product really look like before I decide if I want to spend money on it or not.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't they shooting to have planet side done by the end of they year? They have lot of different components in process and obviously space travel is the biggest one. But having planet side features means that we are one step closer to being able to fly between different star systems. The game has developed so much in 9 months and there is still far too much to do. I don't expect to have an idea of when the game will go full on live until at least winter of next year. If they get the core aspects of the game in by then, it will go into beta stage which means at least a year of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    The thing that turns me off the most and makes me very suspicious about how they plan to monetize the game is that you can buy ships for real money.
    I think I'll pass for now and wait until I have a much better idea about what will the final product really look like before I decide if I want to spend money on it or not.
    As we've said before, you can buy a small selection of the ships, but it's just the hull. The equipment you put in it will make a big difference. The largest available are still small in comparison to how big they get, and you wouldn't even be able to afford to fly an Idris at release anyways: It requires numerous crew, so the upkeep would only be possible for a sizable guild/whatever.

I do have a feeling that, for as much funding as SC has earned so far, they will be seeing a lot more once more of the modules are linked together in a concrete way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Aren't they shooting to have planet side done by the end of they year? They have lot of different components in process and obviously space travel is the biggest one. But having planet side features means that we are one step closer to being able to fly between different star systems. The game has developed so much in 9 months and there is still far too much to do. I don't expect to have an idea of when the game will go full on live until at least winter of next year. If they get the core aspects of the game in by then, it will go into beta stage which means at least a year of testing.
    It should be debuted at PAX Australia last week of October. Hopefully mid-November release
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It should be debuted at PAX Australia last week of October. Hopefully mid-November release
    If they shoot for a week or two before the holidays then I will giggle like a little girl. I am impressed with their progress so far, the game really is beautiful and has so many great elements already.

Here's a nice video showing off one of the three maps used for racing. Unfortunately I have a slow as hell Hornet, so I'm not very fast confirmed to the M50 and the 350R (currently the king of racing).

Does anyone have a clear date when rebindable keys are coming? They promised it with 0.9... now I've heard that they'll come with 1.0, which is months away.

I for one can't play the game because of it atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Here's a nice video showing off one of the three maps used for racing. Unfortunately I have a slow as hell Hornet, so I'm not very fast confirmed to the M50 and the 350R (currently the king of racing).

The M50 has it current drawbacks though, I'm not sure if its a bug related to the increased speed limits but you can currently black out while flying one very easily even with G-safe turned on.

It is very fast though, have discovered it is capable of outrunning missiles in close combat and is very hard to hit by normal means because it is so fast.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-09-19 at 07:01 AM.

Deleted
    My wallet is definitely not ready.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...ept-Sale-Plans

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the cost, I might get the Herald and Orion. I want a fast courier ship and I definitely want a resource that will be a money maker aside from that, as I reckon courier jobs won't pay exceptionally well unless they are really dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll probably pick up the Reclaimer/Surveyor, seems like something interesting to have avaliable. I'm curious to see how much the Hull C will be given how insanely large it is.

One thing that makes me laugh are the people in the comments getting salty over new backers getting good deals.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Considering that they will be selling LTI versions of these concept ships; it'll undoubtedly be the best thing for any player who does not have an LTI ship yet to upgrade to one of these. I, for one; will be upgrading my for non-LTI ships (315p, M50, MISC Freelancer, Aquallia Conestellation) to this LTI set. This will also probably be the last chance to get a cheap (for SC) LTI ship before they move on to the ridiculously expensive virtual spaceships.