Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Nice article put up today on how ships are made and the current build status of them...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Ship-Pipeline

That AMA was pretty good too by the FPS group. Here's a nice synopsis of all the questions and answers on Reddit. My top three...

Q: What games are you drawing mechanical inspiration from?
    A: A mixture of Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, Arma, Delta Force, Kill Zone

Q: On top of this, what sort of health mechanic do you plan to use? And if the player is wounded, will the experience slower movement and greater weapon sway etc?
    A: Absolutely, your limb damage will have severe impacts on how the mechanics work - and it is limb specific too, not just an overall of 'oh youre kind of hurt'. For example, if your left arm is hurt but you throw grenades with your right, your right throw won't really be impacted.
    Q: Will people be able to select their dominant hand? Or will everyone be presumed to be right-handed?
    A: It is planned for players to choose their dominant hand it will have a direct impact resulting from limb damage.

Q: Will people be able to bunny hop to avoid fire? Or will jumping be limited to prevent this? People bunny hopping and constantly jumping all around has ruined a number of shooter games for me.
    A: NO BUNNY HOPPING.
    -Hey, Gul'Dan, Star Citizen promises another new feature. What do you think this new feature will have in relation to similar features from other game?
    -EVERYTHING!

On topic, it's good there won't be a jetpack, I fucking LOATHE moving on the Y axis in shooters, as if it's not difficult enough shooting a player who is strafing just horizontally.

I'd just as soon wish there to be no ability to jump. Plenty of shooters get away with it and it doesn't seem to hinder them.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torasin View Post
    -Hey, Gul'Dan, Star Citizen promises another new feature. What do you think this new feature will have in relation to similar features from other game?
    -EVERYTHING!

On topic, it's good there won't be a jetpack, I fucking LOATHE moving on the Y axis in shooters, as if it's not difficult enough shooting a player who is strafing just horizontally.
    There was something that sounds like a jetpack in the 52 million stretch goal but i suppose it wont be usable while on planets or while wielding a weapon.

The BB-12 is a brand new Manned Maneuvering Unit from Azure Sky Aero. Whether you are engaging in precision mining operations or delicate salvage retrieval, the BB-12 is capable of EVA operation for six uninterrupted hours. This new model features twenty-four precision nozzle thrusters and two redesigned heavy-duty tanks of gaseous nitrogen propellant, capable of being hot-swapped while on the drift or refueled back on the ship. With the BB-12, Azure Sky has once again cemented their place as the premier EVA tech provider.

It's for EVA, aka. outside the ship in zero g. Think Astronaut *puff puff* jet pack thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It's for EVA, aka. outside the ship in zero g. Think Astronaut *puff puff* jet pack thingy.
    This. Probably for playing SPACE NINJA CITIZEN!

Ah, if only it could be...

That's not a jetpack though. An EVA is meant for maneuvering outside the ship -- even if you wanted to try using it inside, I bet it's too large for most hallways, and you probably don't have hands-free while using it.

New Letter from the Chairman for passing the $59 million dollar mark. Here's the new ship unlocked...

At $59 million, you voted for the Twin-Engine Deep Space Fighter, the first pure fighting ship we’ve seen added to the lineup in quite a while. The deep space fighter was inspired by the twin-engine aircraft of World War II, like the de Havilland Mosquito and the Messerschmitt 110. While there’s no “night” in space, there are reasons for wanting a ranged fighter… and the ability to fight in all-weather conditions take on an entirely new meaning in an environment with meteor storms and sensor-dampening nebulae! Here’s the new ship:

Aegis Bulldog-class Twin-Engine Deep Space Fighter – Strike hard from a distance! The Bulldog, a recent design from Aegis, has quickly become Earth’s premier deep space fighter. Deep space fighters are typically used to pursue engagements in outlying areas when support from a carrier is not available. Bulldogs are usually flown by ground- and station-based naval forces, and are widely used by militia squadrons. Specifically designed to operate from planetary bases and engage targets up to a star system’s distance, the fighter trades some maneuverability for an extended supply of fuel and munitions as well as basic survival accommodations for a pilot and radar operator. The Bulldog’s RIO operates a turret, the ship’s missile loadout (optionally) and its highly advanced sensor suite. This distinct scanning array gives the ‘Dog a particular advantage when fighting in and around an obstacle such as an asteroid field or nebula! Finally, the Bulldog is known to be an extraordinarily sturdy spacecraft, with multiple backup systems not commonly found in single-seat ships; stories of Bulldogs limping back to base with a single engine and half their fuselage exposed to vacuum have become common as the battle against the Vanduul has heated up.

Boarding/heavy assault ship? Like the Republic Assault ship in Battlefront 2? GIMME!

I picked the "Passenger Liner / Transport" in the vote because we already have the Redeemer as the Gunship/Troop Transport role already. "Boarding / Assault Ship" is at 36% of the vote while the "Passenger Liner / Transport is at 32%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for the Liner too, I like the idea of smuggling undesirables onto high-sec UEE planets under the guise of a Tour Liner full of sightseers.. maybe one day.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp, i finally caved and got the 45$ package, the one that comes with the arena commander pass, the download took a little bit by it started speeding up the further i went along with it

i did a skype screen share with 2 friends that were also interested in the game, its a bit small but when i showed being able to move around in the ship in the hanger everyone squeed in excitement

to bad the getting out of your ship during the flight mode isn't in yet, or if it is i havent noticed it yet

i might do the Cross-Chassis Upgrades down the road but for right now ill stick with my, just shooting Pew pew ship heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    I only have one problem with this game, when to start playing those modules so i won't get bored from this game when it comes. So many great games are coming out, so little time i have to play them all and all of them are awesome. But this SC is the game of the century for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I picked the "Passenger Liner / Transport" in the vote because we already have the Redeemer as the Gunship/Troop Transport role already. "Boarding / Assault Ship" is at 36% of the vote while the "Passenger Liner / Transport is at 32%.
    Redeemer's not a troop/boarding ship

So for 1 million you get one new ship design. Yeah, they'll get there, someday...

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    So for 1 million you get one new ship design. Yeah, they'll get there, someday...
    Oh goodie, these posts again.

Perhaps you missed the part where people backed 3 million at the beginning of the campaign and a year later got their hangar module o do ship spinning and a few months after that a dogfighting module. Come back in three more years when the game is finished and say whether or not you doubt then. Kickstarters are made of faith, not promises. Get that. If you think your payong $45 for a game that you will get in 2016/17, you didn't get the memo. Your donating $45 to Chis Roberts so he can make his dream game and share with you. Those are the facts.

Chris Roberts wouldn't risk his reputation (his name is a massive force in the space sim genre) unless he thought he could build it. People wouldn't have thrown $60 million at him unless they thought he would build it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will get all these different kinds of ship classes in the end no matter what wins the poll, he's just turning it into a stretch goal deciding in which order it will be revealed with concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my other friends has an issue with the Match making systwm, how is it suppose to work really? Read that its player number based but also goes by players experience at the game? Hes a rather big PvPer
    Last edited by Omians; 2014-10-30 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    One of my other friends has an issue with the Match making systwm, how is it suppose to work really? Read that its player number based but also goes by players experience at the game? Hes a rather big PvPer
    Which system? The current one for Arena Commander or the Persistent Universe?

The former isn't really a match making system.

The latter is still miles away from anything finished, but theoretically if a player has their "pvp slider" set to full, most if not all combat encounters will be against other players who also have their slider set to full or some pvp. If the slider is set to none, the engagement will be against an NPC player instead. The slider becomes ineffectual if you're in "outlaw space" or whatever it'll be called and your pvp preference will be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Which system? The current one for Arena Commander or the Persistent Universe?

The former isn't really a match making system.

The latter is still miles away from anything finished, but theoretically if a player has their "pvp slider" set to full, most if not all combat encounters will be against other players who also have their slider set to full or some pvp. If the slider is set to none, the engagement will be against an NPC player instead. The slider becomes ineffectual if you're in "outlaw space" or whatever it'll be called and your pvp preference will be ignored.
    i was asking about the Persistent World,

i had read up on some stuff from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...And-Instancing but it was posted back in 2012 and i wasn't sure if stuff had changed or not

my friend was hopeing for Eve Level of ship battles but i was able to convince him on there being multi Manned Ships and ect within that 100 or Plus limit

even then with the level of Grafics this game pumps out, it couldn't handle that large one war that happened awhile ago in EVE
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/28/535...0-year-history
    even then with EVE's engine that battle was making people lag all to hell