Moderation isn't up for discussion, nor does anyone in this thread have a broader picture of who has received moderator actions and for what. If you have issues take them up with supermods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm not sure which of those 3 clips I loved more. I know the game is buggy but damn how much of the game actually works properly? It sure does not seem like much of it. Like if you run into these immersion breaking bugs all the time it would just kill it for me.
    Yeah, sadly this is more the norm than the exception in Star Citizen. And what we are experiencing is that as more stuff is "added" to the game, its spaghetti code worsens, existing game breaking bugs seem to occur more frequently and new ones are introduced. CIG just does not care.

Here one exemple related to the recent Overdrive event. CIG has to jam in artificially these bespoke events in the game so to offer an appearance of "dynamism" that does not exist in the game organically because it lacks all the basic gameplay, features and content to support it. These events are often broken in numerous and hilarious ways, and that is after CIG has "carefully" handcrafted and curated them for months/years. Let that sink in.

This event should have just been a relaxing and very basic "deliver the box" kind of mission to be done in under 30-40 minutes. Here some player comments that give an overall idea of how it actually went:

Seriously, What the hell is wrong with this one.

-Broken Starfarer door
    -Broken Terminals
    -Limited missions per server
    The same bugs, for years, its been IC'ed so many times and yet the simple thing of delivering boxes still doesn't work, this should not be happening anymore, sorry but, please sort it out
    Seriously, how did THAT come into being?

How did several educated and experienced devs and managers come together and approve that peculiar event for a public release?

I am not saying (nor implying) anyone at CIG is bad at their job, I just really really want to know how this happened.

Please CIG, tell us how did you settle on only allowing 1 person per a 100-player server to take the final event mission required to secure a much-wanted reward?
    Got this done after over 4 hours. Issues with mission:

- Limited availability and no time limit, so you have to server hop to find one where some jackass hasn't just accepted it and then refused to abandon it.
    - Boxes that don't spawn.
    - Boxes with no marker.
    - Boxes spawning in places you can't get to them.
    - Falling through an elevator with a box in the one station that has internal geometry that prevents you from just floating back out with it.
    - Delivery terminal not accepting box.

So yeah, the same as any other delivery mission, and it sucks.
    Man what a mess. First and foremost: The ammunition crate at the caterpillar crash site on Wala was completely stuck in / under the floor. Totally inaccessible. As seen in the clip. What I didn't capture was that before even being able to land, 3 hostile ships approached the crash site and fired upon us.

My friend and I got CS 3 and 4 for killing those ships that were hovering over the site and attacking us. We couldn't even target a couple of them. No matter what we did the ships didn't exist as far as targeting was concerned. We had to do it by blind firing.

There was also an awful movement bug that kept pushing my character around on the ground like a rubber band.

We tried getting others into the mission to take the boxes to the jump point but alas, per the box totally stuck in the floor bug that was not possible. Ultimately the worst experience I've had in SC to date.
    Been trying to get the overdrive Phase 5 mission done for a couple hours with no luck, the final crate never shows up. CIG please get this fixed ASAP, been grinding these missions with friends and i would be very upset if i didn't get the F7A MK2 because i coudn't get a single box...
    The bug that existed already in the ptu still made it into live it seems.

you arrive at the pickup location for the boxes and 1 or 2 of the 3 boxes dissapears so you cant drop of all 3/3 anymore. Had this happen 4 times now so i guess im waiting for a hotfix
    11 hours and I can't beat the bugs
    Etc etc.

As you can see it is not just the sheer bugginess and crap quality of the game overall. It is also extremely bad design decisions and gameplay implementation. It is the worst of both worlds.

And CIG has just been discussing a 1.0 "release" soon...
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2024-04-14 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What's wrong about someone wanting to make a game like star citizen and doing whatever they need to do for it to actually happen,
    You mean : "What's wrong about someone wanting to make a game like star citizen and doing whatever they need to do for it with actually happen with the money of people who wanted another game"

That's the main issue with it, and that's what you are constantly ignoring. None would have any issues with SC if it was just using Chris Roberts money.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And FYI, sharing multiple embedded videos is not against any forum rules. People are allowed to like, or be skeptical of the game. [/COLOR]
    Humm.. so sharing videos about related to the current discussion is not against any rules?:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post54405407

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A loading screen is where you have no control at all, so you are proving you don't know the difference between a loading screen and seamless travel between star systems.
    This hasn't been true for a long, long time. Hell, even back in early Warframe I believe you had control over your landing ship during the loading screen between your ship and the mission. You couldn't do a ton, but you can fly it around a bit, and you still can today.

nor does anyone in this thread have a broader picture of who has received moderator actions and for what.
    Fair enough, but you do understand why people would get that sort of feeling right?:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post54421904

… I mean, when we are allowed to go as far as comparing others to Nazis... is kind of messed up.

There isn't a proper discussion about the game since people fantasied on the game they would be getting in about “2 years” during the first pages of the thread, now most just see this as the new “Trials of Ascension, Shady Practices and the Big Crowdfunding Debate” thread, a messy development attached to one of the most aggressive monetization systems ever, it's like the perfect trash fire to sit around and crack some good jokes, obsly a few others don't enjoy or really tolerate that sort of “hate” and the result is a decade of amusing repetitive bickering with multiple blue posts like this in the between, and I highly doubt that will change until there is a finished product to be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    And CIG has just been discussing a 1.0 "release" soon...
    1.0 is just a title they are going to slap in there for marketing and possible legal reasons.

It won't have most of the shit they claimed it would have on “release”, it won't be much different from what you already have.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2024-04-14 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post

1.0 is just a title they are going to slap in there for marketing and possible legal reasons.

It won't have most of the shit they claimed it would have on “release”, it won't be much different from what you already have.
    Exactly. It doesn't matter what the hell they number the game/patch as. 3.7, 4.0, 3.19, 3.22.01abc. They just conjure random numbers anyway, and seem to have gone back and forth with numbers too. It's all the same, with different title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    This is absolutely discussion of the game. There are a couple of users in this thread who have been lying through their teeth about the content or state of the game for hundreds and hundreds of pages now, and the only people being moderated are those who correct them and rightly call out the misleading content of their posts. Look no further than two posts above yours where the same user has posted the complete opposites of a point when it has suited their argument to do so. I am 100% on the side of the people who continue to call this bullshit out when it would otherwise go unchecked and essentially make this a 1,000 page long advertisement for a "game" whose development team continues to lie, delay, and sell the loose promise of an in-game item that might be able to participate in an in-game feature in a game that might eventually exist for tens of thousands of dollars.

To be clear: discussion of the lack of delivery, content, features, or anything else within Star Citizen or Squadron 42 that also involves challenging or disagreeing with people who hold different points of view is still discussion of this etherware. What shouldn't be allowed under the forum rules is posting just to argue, like when you post that you've never said you can't play an MMO solo, and then you say you can't play an MMO solo, and you just change your mind whenever it suits to disagree with someone. It's also explicitly not allowed under the rules to post referral links/codes for promotions either, but hey, who's counting.

Here's my game-based discussion:

Were the ship jpgs that will never be completed sold as NFTs, this entire thing would've sunk already, but that's exactly what they are. In my opinion CIG is selling investment securities, the promise of a return at an as-yet unspecified later date, and they're using all the same tricks as dodgy finance firms do in order to separate people from their money. The currently released version of SC is just the investment prospectus, the fancy looking marketing that looks glossy enough to tempt you, without actually having any real substance. In my opinion it's not a game, it's a pretty looking tech demo covering up what looks like a ponzi scheme and if video game journalists had a spine there'd be real investigations into whether the remaining SC "supporters" in the wild are actually getting kickbacks for sucking in new marks, and we'd all get an engaging 45 minute long Coffeezilla video to watch when it goes to shit and turns out they've been selling the idea of new content for the last decade in order to fund the design of the content they already put up for sale and collected cash for.

tl;dr the only difference between Star Citizen and Theranos as far as I can see is that one of the CEOs was a woman. Star Citizen needs "jesus tech", Theranos needed a magic machine that could actually test a pin prick of blood, and neither of those things is ever happening.
    Sorry for liking a game you don't

Deep Dive on the most beautifull Char Creation:

Making easy Credits with Space TRUCKING

ENjoy!
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2024-04-14 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    You thought wrong but hey, honest mistake certainly. Ah there's always been refund option. 30 days no questions asked last I've checked
    So it's not released again?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

More testimonies about the ongoing Overdrive event:

https://new.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...mment/kzfxg0s/

Yep, I was doing the OD missions with my kids (18 & 13). At first we were having fun, but we’ve ran into so many frustrating issues both my kids told me they don’t want to play anymore. I feel like I was torturing them at the end. Just decided to say flip it to the F7A upgrade, not worth the hassle and I lost my crew.
    Our ORG said tough crap this AM as they are burned out I guess on folks asking for help.
    I'm likely not finishing, and I think my roommate just quit SC forever.
    Not looking good. Just asked her and she screamed "I'm playing PALWORLD" at me from her room.
    My roommate refunded her F7CMKII this morning. Last I saw her she was looking at the grey market. My guess is she is done
    Typical Overdrive shenanigans:

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    tl;dr the only difference between Star Citizen and Theranos as far as I can see is that one of the CEOs was a woman. Star Citizen needs "jesus tech", Theranos needed a magic machine that could actually test a pin prick of blood, and neither of those things is ever happening.
    Pretty much. It is actually a very apt analogy. Main difference is that Theranos was dealing with patients health and had some very high profile investors. A game development does not hurt anyone although it may allow for money laundering, abusive marketing practices and bait and switch fraud.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2024-04-14 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    So they named one of the first creatures in game Kopion? Considering how well they seem to perform and how close it sounds to copium I wonder if that was that a freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So it's not released again?
    Again?

I think around 2016, I'm sure Golgot I mean Cloverfield will tell you all about it.
    With the updated character creator giving some more depth and ability to share and upload pre-creator of avatar creation a citizen made a web to share their makings:

https://www.star-citizen-characters.com/

So one can just download a pre-made avatar and be ready to go. Some cool and funny ones in there

And it seems Pterodactylus are coming

Another Lazy fun space gaming sunday at it again

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2024-04-14 at 09:50 PM.

Again?
    Can't blame them for making sure....

Thx, Maybe this time they'll get it but somehow I doubt it

Thread Secured!

One of the coolest bugs found, being able to equip armour and weps with civi cloathing.

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2024-04-14 at 10:12 PM.

This is exactly the kind of thing I mentioned earlier, and at this point there hasn't been anything approaching productive discussion in this thread in quite some time.

With the two camps of folks clearly defined and neither side having any apparent serious interest in discussing the game with each other respectfully or productively, there's no reason for it to remain open. Especially as it's just a machine for reports from people who dislike the opinions of others or disagree, which is not what reports are for.

Maybe when one of the games comes out there can be a respective thread restarted for it, but for now since there's apparently nothing to discuss this is being closed.