A Macro For a Shaman.

So this has probably been talked about somewhere else but I don't know what it's called.
    Basically what I want to do is set up a macro I can use to cast Elemental Blast, and Lightning bolt when EB is on CD. What does this look like?

This macro is not possible. A macro can not make cast decisions based on ability cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    This macro is not possible. A macro can not make cast decisions based on ability cooldowns.
    When I played a rogue, I had a macro that would use Arcane Torrent over kick, and when AT was on CD Kick was used instead, and vice versa. Is that different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkitine View Post
    When I played a rogue, I had a macro that would use Arcane Torrent over kick, and when AT was on CD Kick was used instead, and vice versa. Is that different?
    Yeah, some spells are instant-cast and do not trigger the GCD - Arcane Torrent (Blood Elf racial) is one of these. These can be macroed to be triggered simultaneously as other spells, including one (specifically one) which does trigger the GCD. But as soon as the macro tries to fire a spell that would trigger the GCD, that's where it stops, regardless of whether it's successfully firing the GCD spell or not.

I am using something like this:
    /castsequence reset=12/combat Elemental blast, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt

You might have to adjust how many lightning bolts you use. This macro was just made from memory, as i'm not at home in front of my computer.
    It is far from perfect solution, but the best i could come up with.

Deleted
    Won't properly reset. reset=X counts from the last key press, not the first one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryette View Post
    I am using something like this:
    /castsequence reset=12/combat Elemental blast, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt

You might have to adjust how many lightning bolts you use. This macro was just made from memory, as i'm not at home in front of my computer.
    It is far from perfect solution, but the best i could come up with.
    I would recommend always including a manual reset option with every castsequence, just in case you find yourself needing to reset and don't want to be locked out for the duration of the reset timer. In this example, the ALT button.

/castsequence reset=12/combat/alt Elemental Blast, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Won't properly reset. reset=X counts from the last key press, not the first one.
    Well, it does reset at the end of the castsequence list, so it's fine as long as the button is the only thing you press. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I would recommend always including a manual reset option with every castsequence, just in case you find yourself needing to reset and don't want to be locked out for the duration of the reset timer. In this example, the ALT button.

/castsequence reset=12/combat/alt Elemental Blast, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt, Lighting Bolt

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 02:13 PM ----------

Well, it does reset at the end of the castsequence list, so it's fine as long as the button is the only thing you press. See above.
    Nice one. The manual reset button is a nice touch.
    I have been thinking of the option on having a mod key for only casting LB, just in case im on the move, and im stuck on the macro trying to cast EB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryette View Post
    Nice one. The manual reset button is a nice touch.
    I have been thinking of the option on having a mod key for only casting LB, just in case im on the move, and im stuck on the macro trying to cast EB.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Lightning Bolt
    Assuming they haven't changed the way the [mod] conditional works, this should do what you want. Using the macro regularly will work through the castsequence list, holding ALT while using the macro will reset the castsequence to Elemental Blast, and holding CTRL while using the macro will only cast Lightning Bolt.

Le edit: If I was playing a shaman and were to use some sort of macro for this, I'd probably do it a bit different. Maybe you'd find a use for it.

Code:
    #showtooltip Elemental Blast
    /cast [mod:alt] Elemental Blast; Lightning Bolt
    Only casts Lightning Bolt except for when you hold ALT, in which case it casts Elemental Blast. Furthermore, the icon will always show the EB cooldown, so you'll know when it's time to hold ALT.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-10-12 at 07:26 AM.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=90 Elemental Blast, lightning bolt

works, casts eb when its not on cd, casts lb all the rest of the time.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,lightning bolt
    /castsequence reset=0.3 Elemental Blast
    Mash the button.
    Will attempt to cast Blast and then LB.
    Blast should never really be long waiting off CD.
    I use it for Lava burst a lot.