Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cop shoots and kills unarmed National Guardsman - Possible case of road rage

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...shooting_o.php

It makes me wonder... who do you go to when the cops are your enemies? Do you call the cops on the cops?

The action of a few shoudn't speak for others, I'm very hopeful this will be dealt with correctly.

Deleted
    Well, I don't know if Hamdy is like a city or a village or something, but if the cops in that region are dirty, and you want to report a crime like this, you should go to another city? I don't know but I would probably do that.

Also, doesn't seem like the cops were on the effects of alcohol since there was no mention of it, but it's still sad that something like this happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Well, I don't know if Hamdy is like a city or a village or something, but if the cops in that region are dirty, and you want to report a crime like this, you should go to another city? I don't know but I would probably do that.

Also, doesn't seem like the cops were on the effects of alcohol since there was no mention of it, but it's still sad that something like this happened...
    Hamdy is the last name of the officer who fired the fatal shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Hamdy is the last name of the officer who fired the fatal shot.
    Oh, lol, how silly of me. xD

Well, just scrap the Hamdy name then, the rest is still good.

I like how one witness says something about officers jumping out of vans with assault rifles, meanwhile the other witness seems to not say anything different than what the police say.

I also enjoy how utterly different the stories are. Because police just randomly flip you off, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goody, a Police Brutality thread. I can't wait for people to flock here and call me and my fellow officers corrupt bullies who abuse the power given to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Oh goody, a Police Brutality thread. I can't wait for people to flock here and call me and my fellow officers corrupt bullies who abuse the power given to them.
    No one said such a thing, we are just talking about this current situation, and it's quite stupid if people think every cop is a bully or corrupted, if that was the case, I'm sure society would have crumbled or be in despair because there would be no police action to "enforce" the "law".

Weaving through traffic...why? Also, since it was stated that they weaved between police vans, I wonder how close they came to hitting an officer? If someone almost hit me Id be pissed and would react in kind, and If I were armed and thought for 2 seconds that the person was reaching for a weapon, Id shoot. Its another case people judging with out ever have been in that type of situation. Also, the article itself is a lie. They said they had 2 witnesses that it was 'rage' but one of the 2 was asleep? That means they have one witness who SHOULD be in shock and not able to give accurate statements right away anyhow. Could it have been handled better? Probably. Sadly, in these types of situations unless you were there its impossible to know all the details and what really went down. The media lies ( I'm sorry some call it sensationalize) all the time in this day of greed, that makes it even harder to find the truth.

For all the confused people, here's how you avoid this situation; Don't go weaving in and out of traffic let alone police vehicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the police.

I've never had a good or even decent experience with an officer. So I don't hold them in any sort of positive light. This thead doesn't help.

I worked security for a small clinic where I had to call to have cars ticketed and towed 5 times over the year and a half I worked there. Response time ranged from no less than an hour, and no more than 3 hours. Once they didn't even show up. A kid no older than I was was breaking into the cars, and the police didn't show up until 3 and a half hours later after the clinic closed for the night.

Also had one instance where the cops showed up almost 2 hours late for a ticket call, where I told them the car had already taken off, they then sat in their car in our rear parking lot, ate their food, and then dumped the leftovers in the middle of where they were parked on our property.

During one bad snowstorm this January, I had crashed my Altima against the cement blocks that seperate intersections. I had believed, and still do, that it was a patch of ice that caused it. Yet when they showed up, the lead officer was hostile from the beginning and ended up ticketing me on top of what I had to pay to get it towed. Shit aint cheap working 9/hour.

When that same car had just turned off on the highway (scary shit btw), I had merged two lanes to try and park on the shoulder so I wasn't obstructing traffic. The tire was a little over the line but people were passing me without any issues. The cop who showed up ticketed me because of how it was positioned. I fought that ticket and got it dropped, but had to pay a 35 dollar court fees regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    Fuck the police.

I've never had a good or even decent experience with an officer. So I don't hold them in any sort of positive light. This thead doesn't help.

I worked security for a small clinic where I had to call to have cars ticketed and towed 5 times over the year and a half I worked there. Response time ranged from no less than an hour, and no more than 3 hours. Once they didn't even show up. A kid no older than I was was breaking into the cars, and the police didn't show up until 3 and a half hours later after the clinic closed for the night.

Also had one instance where the cops showed up almost 2 hours late for a ticket call, where I told them the car had already taken off, they then sat in their car in our rear parking lot, ate their food, and then dumped the leftovers in the middle of where they were parked on our property.

During one bad snowstorm this January, I had crashed my Altima against the cement blocks that seperate intersections. I had believed, and still do, that it was a patch of ice that caused it. Yet when they showed up, the lead officer was hostile from the beginning and ended up ticketing me on top of what I had to pay to get it towed. Shit aint cheap working 9/hour.

When that same car had just turned off on the highway (scary shit btw), I had merged two lanes to try and park on the shoulder so I wasn't obstructing traffic. The tire was a little over the line but people were passing me without any issues. The cop who showed up ticketed me because of how it was positioned. I fought that ticket and got it dropped, but had to pay a 35 dollar court fees regardless.
    Here is what your post says to me.

"Yaaaaa! Cops ticket me when I break statutes, just like they are supposed to, so I hate them!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Here is what your post says to me.

"Yaaaaa! Cops ticket me when I break statutes, just like they are supposed to, so I hate them!"
    You're cute, and you sound upset about something. You wanna talk about it over dinner sometime? I have Friday and Saturday off this week.

Deleted
    I'm confused. So he was shot because he was weaving lanes? Is it illegal in America?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I'm confused. So he was shot because he was weaving lanes? Is it illegal in America?
    To weave lanes? Yes, you can be ticketed for it. It's classified as reckless driving. It's nowhere near a shooting offense unless he was doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I like how one witness says something about officers jumping out of vans with assault rifles, meanwhile the other witness seems to not say anything different than what the police say.

I also enjoy how utterly different the stories are. Because police just randomly flip you off, right?
    I've been flipped off by police more than once. I did something they didn't like, but wasn't illegal on the road. So they gun their engines, come up beside me, flash their lights once as a warning, and then either yell at me while my window is down or give me the finger if my window is up.

Power corrupts, yada yada yada....

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 03:41 AM ----------

Weaving lanes is considered reckless driving, which constitutes a road hazard. You can get a ticket for it, but being shot is a bit extreme.

The officers in the story shot the victim (and he is a victim), when *they say* he tried to reach under the seat.

Moral of the story, don't keep your license and registration under your seat, especially when being pulled over by 2 "police vans", though most police don't use vans because they are slow as fuck and crumple like a beer can.

15+ Year Old Account
    sounds like that cop should've been fired (pun intended) years ago O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    To weave lanes? Yes, you can be ticketed for it. It's classified as reckless driving. It's nowhere near a shooting offense unless he was doing something else.
    Ah, I just checked the correct definition of weaving = to cross over the yellow, central line that marks the separation of traffic lanes moving in opposite directions. I was thinking about changing lanes.
    Yeah, it is a serious offense.

Nevertheless, it's not something that justifies being shot.
    Unless you make people think you are carrying an hidden gun, and plan to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I just checked the correct definition of weaving = to cross over the yellow, central line that marks the separation of traffic lanes moving in opposite directions. I was thinking about changing lanes.
    Yeah, it is a serious offense.

Nevertheless, it's not something that justifies being shot.
    Unless you make people think you are carrying an hidden gun, and plan to use it.
    There is a very gray line that comes with the job of being a cop. Especially considering half of their job is judgement calls. We have sets of rules in play, but there's always going to be instances of kill or be killed.

I haven't read the article, nor can I, I'm at work, but it's hard to tell your side of the story when you're dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    No one said such a thing, we are just talking about this current situation, and it's quite stupid if people think every cop is a bully or corrupted, if that was the case, I'm sure society would have crumbled or be in despair because there would be no police action to "enforce" the "law".
    You must be new here. Give it a bit.

Oh wait, look!

Fuck the police.

And so it begins. Somebody already wants to "fuck" me. I wonder when the people who make horrible generalizations and slander my character based on my career will arrive.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-10-11 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    You must be new here. Give it a bit.

Oh wait, look!

And so it begins.
    So wait. Are all canadian police Mounties? Or do you have something like metropolitan police and the mounties have the rest of the country?