Russian Orthodox Christians deface "anti-christian" Apple logo

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10...an_christians/

"Russian Orthodox Christians have defaced the logos on Apple products because they consider the bitten Apple to be anti-Christian, says Russian news agency Interfax."

First Pussy Riot, now this. Is there no end to this kind of thing? Gah.

Some people can find conspiracies and insults just about anywhere. Normally, we'd call these crazy people.

No, there will no end to religious insanity, it's old, it's outdated, it's time to move on.

Also, giving them publicity is not helping, it may never end but hopefully someday we'll never have to hear about it and they can live in their own crazy little community and never be heard from again.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-11 at 12:47 PM.

Apple 's been around for decades now, and suddenly they find it insulting? Fuck that, they are just jumping the hate bandwagon. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Apple 's been around for decades now, and suddenly they find it insulting? Fuck that, they are just jumping the hate bandwagon. Move on.
    I appreciate them making me look rational in my dislike of Apple, by comparison. At least I'm not raving about Satan and smashing their products...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Russia is a rich country! Rich with idiots. ...with rich idiots even. Oh well
    I don't care what people believe in, but things some of them (us?) do are just really stupid. Though this particular news seems quite exaggerated to me. I'm sure someone has done something like this, but it's not a common idea or something. I have yet to see or hear of a single person that tried to remove the iphone logo. And at the same time I've seen this exact text on some other news sites.
    Though things like this are really common in Russia:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...x1JTDWM#t=272s
    http://a.d-cd.net/29e1a8u/480.jpg

They were too ashamed to admit that it was really the iphone 5 that made them this pissed off.

Everyone should go bite into an apple right now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Everyone should go bite into an apple right now!
    You bastard, now my mouth is full of glass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    They were too ashamed to admit that it was really the iphone 5 that made them this pissed off.
    Because in Russia, on the new iPhone maps, the road forks you.

This is refreshing. Usually we have multiple "muslim did bad thing"topics, even I make them when something happens.

Soooooo not to be that guy, but doesn't this make sense? Not the whole defacing thing, but I never realized that was what Apples logo meant.

They just want attention from the media. And I guess they are getting it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Soooooo not to be that guy, but doesn't this make sense? Not the whole defacing thing, but I never realized that was what Apples logo meant.
    It's not what Apple's logo means. It's what this group in Russia has decided to interpret it as.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This is refreshing. Usually we have multiple "muslim did bad thing"topics, even I make them when something happens.
    Crackpots, thugs ands imbeciles are byproducts of every religion. The relative quantities are simply modified by the prevailing living conditions. Islam is more widespread in the not so well-of backwater areas on the globe, while christianity is more prevalent in the industrialised world. Thus it's easy to point at the differences caused by enviromental factors rather than the differences in the actual religions.
    if we were to put theoretical test groups of different religions in standardized cultural structure and homogenized conditions, all religions would create similar amounts of frothing nutcases. And this number would be substantially larger than in the control group that had no religion and were kept from discovering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Ummm only if your crazy.

The logo is a reference to Sir Isaac Newton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    The logo is a reference to Sir Isaac Newton.
    We need to let them know, this might be just a big misunderstanding. Someone quick, hand them an iPhone so they can google it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    The bible never calls the fruit an apple... so these people just need their cocoa puffs and to spend the rest of their days in the happy house with the white robed men.

Closing this before the inevitable anyone who has religious beliefs is such a moron posters barge in.