Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Should I call law enforcement?

    Continuing off a closed thread from before. I recently re-transferred to Tichondrius, and amazingly, this guy is still stalking me, but it sounds way worse this time.
    ---: where the fuck is my 9k gold
    Salandrin: I don't owe you anything according to Blizzard, so sorry. You're also really stupid.
    ---: Lmao you fucked with the wrong person kid. I am a Government agent, and will make it my duty to find you, and your whole family. I will rape your mother before your eyes, and skin her like a pig before feedin you it. You best get ready boy, YEEEHAW.

    Should I call law enforcement?

  2. #2
    The Patient h44mm00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    295
    If the person doesn't know who you are IRL then report them to Blizzard and get a name change. BAM! They can no longer find you.

  3. #3
    Yes, you should.

  4. #4
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,969
    You should first contact Blizzard by phone not in-game they can help you alot more, If they make impact to your life than I think you should Law Enforcement until than just call Blizzard by phone explain your situation to them & they will be able to help.

  5. #5
    Salandrin is a known troll, please dont feed it.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-15 at 01:17 PM.

  6. #6
    Did you already reported this person to Blizzard? This is the first thing you should do. Whether you should go to police or not is your decision. Most likely, the guy is just an harmless idiot.

  7. #7
    you should rather send a ticket to blizzard, calling law enforcement would only make people laugh at you.

  8. #8
    Over 9000! MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    9,161
    As soon as you respond with another insult, you lower yourself to their level. I don't approve of the other persons actions but as soon as you do that you feed the fire. Going by your post history I wouldn't be surprised to hear you incited the argument and world war 3 at the same time. I don't really care what you do but I noticed this was a Salandrin thread and thought "He probably had it coming"

  9. #9
    First call your mom to warn her, then make a ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

  10. #10
    There's no posting names on MMO C right?

  11. #11
    Every single time this person sends a threatening/abusive message to you, report it to Blizzard. Either via the in-game ticket system or calling them. Every single time. This then allows them to build a case against the person, to ensure it is not some 'one off' event or a quote taken out of context, or whatever. While this is happening, you NEVER reply to them. Never say anything whatsoever. Put the character on ignore, along with any other characters they may whisper you on.

    Keep reporting, and Blizzard will get a foolproof case against the person, thus be able to ban them without any issues. But they can't do it without evidence that you give them.

    Blizzard will also liase with law enforcement if this stuff gets REALLY out of hand.

    Finally, while what this person is doing is utterly horrible and is never justifiable, I find it interesting that you say 'I don't owe you anything according to Blizzard'. Did you scam this person? If you did, I hope this teaches you that it's not really a good idea to scam... There's some nasty people out there who can get rather angry at you.

  12. #12
    Lol, report him for harassment, at least.

  13. #13
    if hes trolling you why not troll him? call the cops report him to the president that hes workers are harassing you? fair equivalent exchange dont you agree? Kids whispering me telling me how to gem and forge my gear on my resto druid telling me to get rid of my 21% haste put it all into mastery when i told him 20 times im a raid healer not tank healer. Then he ends up nerd raging so i reported him to blizz and a satisfied ban he got.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,797
    Report him, put him on ignore. If he makes other characters to contact you with, report him and put him on ignore. If you get tired of /ignore, just laugh to yourself, shrug and don't reply. It's what I do to trolls.

    Tickets and ignoring.

    And now I'll ignore the existence of this thread, because I can't see a reason why it should be here at all as - if anywhere - it belongs to the official forums.
    metanoia gone horde!

    Main: Seriss - Restoration Shaman ~ Favourite Alt: Syope

  15. #15
    Man my eyes just stopped watering. Have you guys read his post history?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by h44mm00 View Post
    If the person doesn't know who you are IRL then report them to Blizzard and get a name change. BAM! They can no longer find you.
    that wont work if they have you on their friends list

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    You should first contact Blizzard by phone not in-game, because it takes almost a week before they bother to answer, If they make impact to your life than I think you should Law Enforcement until than just call Blizzard by phone explain your situation to them & they will be able to help.
    ^^^^^
    Fixed

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Man my eyes just stopped watering. Have you guys read his post history?
    Most people won't even bother to read his entire 1st post or anyone elses posts, never mind his previous posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Salandrin is a known troll, please dont feed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Man my eyes just stopped watering. Have you guys read his post history?
    Now now guys, Salandrin is honestly concerned for his personal wellbeing.
    We should give him honest and unique advice regarding this serious matter.

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,017
    The fact that you're taking this guy seriously, is making me crack up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •