Deleted

Elder Charm of Good Fortune give's the same item.

Hi there today i joined LFR system as DK tank to kill the first three bosses,
    First we killed the stone guard bosses, i was lucky and i won the waist item ""Star-stealer waist guard"" for tank.
    Then i tried also to use my elder charm of good fortune coin. The roll give me exactly the same waist tank item again. I dont know how the systems work but ok no time to discuss about this so we moved to the second boss Feng the Accursed after we killed the boss i won an tank item again this time the bracers ""Bracers of six Oxen"" so i spend this also a coin for a second roll and gues what i get the same wrist tank item again.

I have now twice a duplicated item with using a Elder charm of good fortune coin. I know there is a litlle chance to get an item with using a coin but getting twice the same items i already won is really useless.

I hope blizzard can fix this or at least that is not possible to win an item that you already won on that roll from boss in a LFR when using a Coin.

ps. Sorry for my language, English is not my best side to write

Deleted
    Sorry but the second boss gives only one tank item so it's useless to use the coin in the first place for the second boss since you got the bracers already. No one's fault you did something like that without taking some info in mind lol. About the first boss, there are 2 tanking items but as blizzard said many times, they just give you an extra chance at the boss' loot table, whether that item is the same or not it doesn't matter. It's not a bug, it's working as intended.

Deleted
    Isnt the coin more meant to be used if you run the instance a SECOND time? That way there might be different loot. But this time youre rolling on the same loot table, so therefore you get the same loot again by using the coin.

Most bosses will only drop 1 item for your specc so it's kinda pointless to try and get more loot from the same boss after you just won the item already.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Isnt the coin more meant to be used if you run the instance a SECOND time? That way there might be different loot. But this time youre rolling on the same loot table, so therefore you get the same loot again by using the coin.
    It give you another shot at the loot table in it's entirety. There is no 'different loot' anymore, it's just x amount of people win and get assigned a piece from the table.

So yeah, unless a boss drops several things you can use, using a coin AFTER winning loot is idiotic and a waste of a coin.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Deleted
    Ahh ok now i understand, so that means you can better use the coin when you dont get loot (item)
    The system give's you the item depends on youre role what you have chosen. (so if my role is tank and the boss has one tank item in loot list, means i already have the max loot at that moment).
    Thx for the replies, now i know how and when to use my coins next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip, if you are a hybrid class or you don't want pvp gear. Don't waste a roll on the Sha of Anger.

Deleted
    All aside, you are one lucky guy...

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Tip, if you are a hybrid class or you don't want pvp gear. Don't waste a roll on the Sha of Anger.
    I use a coin everytime on the Sha, just for the chance at some tier pieces. Bonuses are sex.