Poll: Whos gonna win the VP debate tonight

Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Vice Presidential Debate 2012

Paul Ryan and Joe Biden are supposed to debate tonight, given Bidens history with making stupid comments i believe that paul ryan is gonna wipe the floor with Biden...

any takers?

Deleted
    who are they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    who are they ?
    The U.S. VP nominees

"They're gonna put ya'll back in chains" yyyeeearrgggghhh.

That's all biden's got.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    As a European I hope not, everyone hates Republicans over here

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    As a European I hope not, everyone hates Republicans over here
    Hmmmm, i have a good feeling that Most Euros don't even know the basic ideological differences between republicans and democrats. It has become Chic to bash on the U.S. for the last couple years, that as a large dose of white guilt have put most Euros in the obama camp.

One thing to remember, is that Paul Ryan is a really young guy. Joe Biden has decades more experience than him in Congress. I think those years will translate into the debate.

Biden might be more likely to make a gaff, as he's kinda crazy; but straight up debating? Biden should win handily.

Ryan will win the VP debates. Biden will win the VP position for another 4 years.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

It's been my experience that most people who are extremely conservative or liberal don't know much about their opposition other than the strawmen they've been spoonfed by their respective ideological figureheads. This ignorance seems to be prevalent in a greater share of the liberal side of the political spectrum, though.

One thing to remember, is that Paul Ryan is a really young guy. Joe Biden has decades more experience than him in Congress. I think those years will translate into the debate.

Biden might be more likely to make a gaff, as he's kinda crazy; but straight up debating? Biden should win handily.
    It is widely considered that Biden won the VP debate with Sarah Palin, but that she still held her own against him.

Ryan is no Palin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hmmmm, i have a good feeling that Most Euros don't even know the basic ideological differences between republicans and democrats. It has become Chic to bash on the U.S. for the last couple years, that as a large dose of white guilt have put most Euros in the obama camp.
    To be fair Republicans do not even know their differences between themselves and Democrats. When you are on the outside looking in you see a lot more than the ones caught in the middle. Republicans are just angry and blaming the president instead of themselves for voting the ones in that made the policy that broke America in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to watch this despite hating politics.

I think that Biden is actually a fairly smart person (when he can manage to coherently convey his point), despite common opinion, but I agree (of course) that he has absolutely no public speaking skills whatsoever. This will be hilarious.

In my opinion, the VP debates are usually far more interesting (and funny) than the presidential ones. I watched the VP debates in '04 and '08 and they were so incredibly awkward that I just have to watch this.
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-10-11 at 05:32 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Most Europeans have liberal biased news that says bad things about Republicans and glowing things about Demoncrats.

Informed? I guess that depends on what your definition of "informed" is.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dologalot View Post
    To be fair Republicans do not even know their differences between themselves and Democrats. When you are on the outside looking in you see a lot more than the ones caught in the middle. Republicans are just angry and blaming the president instead of themselves for voting the ones in that made the policy that broke America in the first place.
    With all due respect though, that works both ways it just chages with the political party thats in office. Both of the political parties are corrupt...period. Doesn't matter what (D/R) they have in front of their name.

I just find myself to be much more fiscally conservative than the left, henceforth why I vote republican

Well this tread will escalate rather quickly, Inb4 huge political debate.... Romney 2012.

Deleted
    I really hope Biden calls Ryan on all his lies during the debate. Would be nice seeing them standing their holding the smoking gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden is an extremely smart debater. He relates very well to the middle class. This won't be a cakewalk for Ryan in the least bit. Debates are not about numbers you spout off, they are about the appearance that you make.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Krez View Post

I disagree ol buddy. Biden seems old and tired. He also has a tendancy to say things without thinking first.

Ryan has youth, energy, and enthusisam on his side. He's also fiscally smart

Paul Ryan is going to lie his ass off like he does any other day of the week.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I disagree ol buddy. Biden seems old and tired. He also has a tendancy to say things without thinking first.

Ryan has youth, energy, and enthusisam on his side. He's also fiscally smart
    He thinks tax cuts are revenue neutral. That's about as far from fiscally smart as one can get.

I think Biden has this whole "lie to everyone" thing down, not to mention has probably already talked to obama about some excuses, in case he loses.

Poll needs 2 more options

3) Tie
    4) Biden has a sudden onset of verbal diarrhea.

I voted Biden in leiu of tie though. I think they'll both state their case well and it wont really move the sticks for either side.