Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Thats the point to cause those emotions, when you see a favorite character die, you get mad, sad, and vengeful. I think this is the point for the alliance right now.
    The Alliance is at it's low point for 2 years straight, and looks like will still be at it's low point in most of MoP's run until the final boss in the final raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats evolution, weak die to make room for the strong.
    Yeah, no, when you have a bunch of people making up the lore, it's more like creationism.

Its possible blizzard created two different speeches in an effort to stop data mining from spoiling all of their stories. I for one, welcome this.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnie View Post
    Yeah, no, when you have a bunch of people making up the lore, it's more like creationism.
    I would be questioning evolution should alliance win, they were digging their grave since warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apatheticalex View Post
    Its possible blizzard created two different speeches in an effort to stop data mining from spoiling all of their stories. I for one, welcome this.
    Wouldn't be the first time they've misdirected dataminers. They do it all the time with items.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    "The Alliance will dispense some justice."

"Anduin dies."

You know what, fuck Blizzard. I'm not calling this true, but if it's true then there's a high chance I'm just done. Done with the game, done with Metzen. You all can enjoy killing Sargeras.
    I'm with you. To be honest, more and more of this expansion (and ones prior) just continues to show the massive amounts of Horde favoritism fully supported by Blizzard. Even in datamining from a PTR that isn't active yet, that everything thta's Horde-related is coming up first. Or coming up looking better. I mean, heck, even the small introductory videos for landing on Pnadaria show Horde favoritism. You actually see them move into Pandaria. You see the neat "distance motion" flying wyverns. Heck, there even looks like there's about a 4-1 ratio on wind riders to helichoppers.

Now they're just killing off Alliance characters...for a crappy war story? I'm sorry, I get to kill Sylvanas when? Oh wait. I don't. She's Horde. We all know Blizzhorde won't sacrifice one of their own until about six important lore characters on the Alliance side turn up dead, missing in action, or as neutered neutrals.

This is seriously the worst storyline Blizzard's done in the extensive history of the Warcraft series. I'd take a thousand expansions of Cataclysm over this shwarbage. The way this is all being written now, I'd put safe money on the final requirement to beat the final boss they ever make being that you have to be Horde.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time they've misdirected dataminers. They do it all the time with items.
    Thats true actually. Remember Rommath, the lor'themar theron speech that never made it into the game?

Then again, this is a much more important piece of story then Rommath.
    #boycottchina

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "At least the human prince is dead. King Wrynn now knows the price of his continued defiance! <Evil Cackle>"

5:34

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    The Alliance is at it's low point for 2 years straight, and looks like will still be at it's low point in most of MoP's run until the final boss in the final raid
    Even then, it's just a victory for the Horde. All of them are just victories for the Horde now. The only thing Blizzhorde will allow the Alliance to win at is losing.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Even then, it's just a victory for the Horde. All of them are just victories for the Horde now. The only thing Blizzhorde will allow the Alliance to win at is losing.
    Nah, alliance is such failure that they cant even lose with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    You're getting Turalyon and Alleria back. We've lost Thrall's cool aspects and will lose Garrosh. You don;t have much to complain about.
    Oh, Turalyon and Alleria? Yeah, when we go to Outland in Burning Cru...wait, no
    Maybe after....no, still not then.
    In MoP? No, definitely not then.
    Next expansion? Maybe...but they aren't saying.

I don't think Anduin will die. Metzen likes him, Blizzard is interested in developing him. Too soon, Garrosh! You've played your hand too soon!
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-11 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    "The Alliance will dispense some justice."

"Anduin dies."

You know what, fuck Blizzard. I'm not calling this true, but if it's true then there's a high chance I'm just done. Done with the game, done with Metzen. You all can enjoy killing Sargeras.
    My thoughts exactly. I was thinking about re-rolling Horde, this will be the final straw.
    I was suspecting an epic victory somewhere right about now.. still waiting Metzen.

Well, Im sure he kills Anduin, but I dont think that means anything in a game that has resurrection spells. Im sure we will see Anduin again, and probably more powerful than ever. I would also guess we will be seeing Vellen a lot at some point. Also, remember there is one quest in the game where a father gives up his life force to return his daughter to life? (Its an Alliance quest in krasarang wilds I believe) I suppose this could be a foreshadowing of what might happen: Wrynn might give his life to return Anduin to life, which means that probably the Alliance and the Horde are going to lose their leaders by the end of this expansion. We may be getting setup for a unification storyline before we battle the burning legion. Anduin makes sense as a leader for any campaign against the burning legion in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    You're getting Turalyon and Alleria back. We've lost Thrall's cool aspects and will lose Garrosh. You don;t have much to complain about.
    It was stated that those two wouldn't be shown in MoP or focused on. :P I've got enough to dislike.

I do feel sorry for you guys losing Thrall for him being a giant green Jesus tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    Well, Im sure he kills Anduin, but I dont think that means anything in a game that has resurrection spells. Im sure we will see Anduin again, and probably more powerful than ever. I would also guess we will be seeing Vellen a lot at some point. Also, remember there is one quest in the game where a father gives up his life force to return his daughter to life? (Its an Alliance quest in krasarang wilds I believe) I suppose this could be a foreshadowing of what might happen: Wrynn might give his life to return Anduin to life, which means that probably the Alliance and the Horde are going to lose their leaders by the end of this expansion. We may be getting setup for a unification storyline before we battle the burning legion. Anduin makes sense as a leader for any campaign against the burning legion in my opinion.
    So Anduin will return as a blue-ish glowing ghost and send Andi from Valley of the Four Winds to train under a crazy old goblin in a swamp to eventually save us from Garrosh' tyrannical empire? X3

They won't kill Varian. They've spent time developing him to give the Alliance a figurehead we can support and he's been developing past his rough persona he first had.

I'm going to go ahead and say wait and see at least until we get Anduin and Varian's dialogue.

All we've seen is one side of a conversation that may or may not even appear in the final product. For example it's possible Anduin isn't dead at all, but Garrosh has some reason to think he is. Or perhaps Anduin is indeed dead, but is resurrected a trivial amount of time later.

I would be very surprised if Blizzard spent so much time building up Anduin, even going as far as to hint that he'll play a major role in the coming war against the Legion, only to abruptly kill him off when he is just starting to have a real impact on the story.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just find this a major shocker if this really happened and Anduin really was dead.

I mean sure, it would be the final nail in the coffin for Garrosh, when Varian finding he's killed his only son, but honestly, do we need this kind of shock tactic to justfy that? Anduin is a character whos meant to represent the future of things, and something like this, writing him off for this war story that was already know the end of (Garrosh loses - horde fight to be rid of him - alliance strike to take him down) would seem tragic, and yet pointless, and make me think of the devs sat around a table thinking up ways to make the community more shocked.

But this is now a slippery slope, they already lost so many due to poor decisions in cata, this is a risk if they go down this road.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Poor Miji, now who will he shove?

Deleted
    So, again, the Waters of the Vale?

To kill list:

- Garrosh Hellscream [ ]
    - Anduin Wrynn [x]
    - Thrall [ ]

Hopefully Garrosh dies in the Siege of Orgrimmar, and brings Thrall with him.