Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im not sure what could change in 8 months to cause diggle to not have a son via time changes
    The Legends should return to the same moment they left. And there's a million things they might change in the past. Nothing that happened in the episode should be considered evidence of anything happening for real.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The Legends should return to the same moment they left. And there's a million things they might change in the past. Nothing that happened in the episode should be considered evidence of anything happening for real.
    i very very much doubt theyre gonna retcon an entire season of arrow and flash
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i very very much doubt theyre gonna retcon an entire season of arrow and flash
    They won't retcon anything on Arrow or Flash, but anything exclusively mentioned in Legends is fair game.

Maybe when they get back, Sara calls Diggle to make sure he's okay, the conversation runs long so the wife heads to bed early and thus there is no son!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Had a bad feeling about it for a while but what if it's Mr. Terrific(Curtis)?
    Barry wouldn't come visit, Ollie wouldn't swear vengeance, only Felicity would even care.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They won't retcon anything on Arrow or Flash, but anything exclusively mentioned in Legends is fair game.

Maybe when they get back, Sara calls Diggle to make sure he's okay, the conversation runs long so the wife heads to bed early and thus there is no son!

- - - Updated - - -

Barry wouldn't come visit, Ollie wouldn't swear vengeance, only Felicity would even care.
    even if he doesnt have a son i very much doubt legends will affect anything in arrow between the 8 months between now and the grave
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

even if he doesnt have a son i very much doubt legends will affect anything in arrow between the 8 months between now and the grave
    Legends is going to affect nothing that happens, that's what we're saying. The alternate timeline they landed in doesn't exist in the Arrowverse. It's not real, and it's not pertinent to the future of the "true" Arrowverse.

When you're in a branched timeline-possible universe like the Arrowverse, time travelers always create a branch when they travel forward in time: the timeline where they do not return. That is the branch they landed in, because obviously they have not returned yet. But the other branch is the one where presumably some of them return, and that's the timeline the Arrowverse is. Now, because of the realities of network TV there's a better than average chance that when they return time has moved forward without them. But in actuality, Rip should return them to the moment they left because doing otherwise will muddle the timeline that they're working to change.

Of course, as fast and loose as the Arrowverse plays with time travel, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up stopping Savage in the future instead of in the past, and in that scenario all bets are off. But until the narrative runs its course, we should expect that a supposed Time Master would get it right.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Legends is going to affect nothing that happens, that's what we're saying. The alternate timeline they landed in doesn't exist in the Arrowverse. It's not real, and it's not pertinent to the future of the "true" Arrowverse.

When you're in a branched timeline-possible universe like the Arrowverse, time travelers always create a branch when they travel forward in time: the timeline where they do not return. That is the branch they landed in, because obviously they have not returned yet. But the other branch is the one where presumably some of them return, and that's the timeline the Arrowverse is. Now, because of the realities of network TV there's a better than average chance that when they return time has moved forward without them. But in actuality, Rip should return them to the moment they left because doing otherwise will muddle the timeline that they're working to change.

Of course, as fast and loose as the Arrowverse plays with time travel, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up stopping Savage in the future instead of in the past, and in that scenario all bets are off. But until the narrative runs its course, we should expect that a supposed Time Master would get it right.
    we know they dont come back when they left because they arent around

we know they dont come back when they left because they arent around
    again, that's network tv being dumb. But how do we know they're not around? None of them were actively assisting the others at the time of their departure, except for Ray who was still pretending to be dead. For all we know, they're out there right now doing stuff, we just don't see them on TV.

EDIT: Also, before it's brought up: Rip's viewpoint is exceedingly narrow at the beginning of the series. Them "not having any impact on the timeline" only means they don't impact Savage's rise to power.

Which is, now that I think about it, pretty dumb since Savage uses the death of the Hawkpeople to grow in power and removing them from the timeline should impact regardless.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2016-02-27 at 03:28 AM.

We're 2 months from grave, not 8.

15+ Year Old Account
    so people we know its not

felicity
    diggle (unless lyla is preggo or timey wimey happens)
    barry (lol i know)
    captain lance (couldve just been the way he worded it but deathy jr implied he killed capt lance)

people it could be:

thea
    roy
    laurel
    nyssa
    felicitys mama
    river song
    felicitys dad
    flashback french girl
    insert rando new team member/family/whatever
    batman, so that arrow can never use him
    River Song? Haha. Shell never die, Moffat won't let it happen!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

hope they put archie into the arrowverse

15+ Year Old Account
    They fucked advertised Flash and Arrow coming back like this:

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/711971892392026118

What the actual shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    They fucked advertised Flash and Arrow coming back like this:

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/711971892392026118

What the actual shit?
    I don't see a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem.
    Yeah true, Flash is the main character of Flash, and Felicity does seem to be the main character of Arrow now.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Yeah true, Flash is the main character of Flash, and Felicity does seem to be the main character of Arrow now.
    It's just an ad. Too many people get off on faux outrage these days.

to be fair, that ad is really poorly edited

It's just an ad. Too many people get off on faux outrage these days.
    It's fine for us, I'm sure Amell is probably thinking...."Really!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    It's fine for us, I'm sure Amell is probably thinking...."Really!?!"
    He's too busy flexing his muscles in the latest TMNT movie trailer to care I imagine

after seeubg the DC legends espiode they go to 2046, and seeeing Smoke Industries, even though it wasn't a real future, makes me wonder if the Smoke owning Queen Industries was permament... I always thought that Oliver returned to being billionaire if not playboy at least CEO of his company. And I fully expected Oliver at some point to go back to owning Palmer Tech or of it changes to it, Smoke

is that not true in any timeline? or am I just going on old info?

My opinion of Felicity continues to get worse with each passing episode... I used to like her, now she just annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    My opinion of Felicity continues to get worse with each passing episode... I used to like her, now she just annoys me.
    She is reaching Lori Grimes levels of cringe.