Thread: [TV] Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Caught up in s3, I have absolutely despised Laurel's character from day 1, matter of fact, I find her absolutely the lowest point of the show to even ask... Why kill Sara? Kill Laurel ffs..
    damn right. atleast with them intorducing super powers and stuff theres always the chance of a Lazarus pit if they ever figure out that laurel is complete shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Sara's debut had a lot of people disliking her
    the only dislike i saw for sara was pre canary where people were just mad that they introduced her for the sole purpose of killing her off.

i never saw anyone dislike her as canary
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Sara's debut had a lot of people disliking her (I blame the actress' constant pouty lip thing!). I liked her myself. What I think the show producers may have missed was that even if there was mixed reaction to Sara, there was much more dislike of Laurel (especially, I think, in an active role such as Canary). We get what we get though, unless Sara gets rezzed. It's nearly certain Laurel will be Canary.

I always prefered the trio to be non-romantic. Felicity/Oliver as a sibling relationship fits better for me. I imagine it was another reason to get rid of Sara, can't have Oliver with someone not-Felicity or that fanbase might hate things. I'm not sure why Oliver being in a decent relationship somehow means he can't fight crime, I guess?
    Sounds like you are defending the worst character on the show. By character, I mean, written terribly and acted terribly. Sara hardly had any outspoken negativity, while Laurel has such a harsh feedback.

The Oliver/Felicity sibling relationship is garbage. The fact of the matter is, s3 is trying to strain the relationship between oliver and felicity through this new douchebag ceo that weezled his way in, that will, in the end, become a bad guy, probably working with Ra's al ghul, with it putting Oliver and felicity closer than ever... But its not going to last. It never does. Oliver needs to play musical chairs with the women... damn, at this point, I want him and slade to hook up.

That digresses me from the point. This is a tv show, that has a long term plan. Whats the easiest drama to make up during such a long run? Love triangles. While, the Black Canary is good for the Green Arrow, just like how Catwoman is good for Batman, that is for the comic. When you write a character that is annoying to the audience to the point of people hating it, why would you follow through with the comic inception? Because you have to. Felicity was a made of tv character. Laurel wasnt (though laurel wasnt her first name, rather her middle). Laurel has Deus Ex Machina on her side, specially her being "Oliver's Pre tv love." Felicity has the fanbase on her side, and the writers know this. So, we are going to get the Triangle until the end of the series, where Oliver is more than likely going to end up with laurel, like how Clark Kent ended up with louis Lane in smallville. Deus Mother Fucking Ex Mother Fucking Machina.

A comic that is coming to an end (well manga), Naruto, that I have been following for since it first release, always had Hinata as a side character, and the author was forcing Sakura down our throats... till he realized, in the character polls and such, that Hinata was a better character than Sakura. And he admitted to it, when he was interviewed... Since her inception, I liked Hinata over Sakura.... why? Mainly because she was the vastly shoved to the side underdog.

Felicity is that underdog in this. Laurel has been garbage since her inception. She has always been that "save the princess." Yet, here they are, now, forcing us to choke her down, because she is going to get deus ex machinaed to be the Black Canary, and still be the "save the princess," because thats her character. The only hope she has is to have Nyssa give her deus ex machina training and loving come season 3 break before season 4. Felicity doesnt need that. Her character is that she is superior to everyone in technological knowledge, with her limitations being physical. While she needs "saving," its not that many, as she usually stays out of the actual fight, typically. Hell, she played decoy for in s2 finale, where Laurel was just nobody.

But... Felicity doesnt have deus ex machina on her side... Laurel does

they arent going to turn ray palmer into a bad guy

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they arent going to turn ray palmer into a bad guy

Ah, but what if they do? That would be a twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not :P, they've already said they're not, they're going to turn him into a foil for Oliver. Also there's talk of moving him over to The Flash after the reveal of his powers.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Sounds like you are defending the worst character on the show. By character, I mean, written terribly and acted terribly. Sara hardly had any outspoken negativity, while Laurel has such a harsh feedback.
    I'm defending Laurel by saying everybody hated her? Or do you mean where I said I liked Sara, but there was a mixed reaction to her?

The Oliver/Felicity sibling relationship is garbage.
    Yeah, uh, no. A close team relationship is a much better relationship between the three of them. (Arrow/Felicity/ Diggle) Arrow and Felicity have nothing in common in any way and while opposites may attract, with no foundation for an actual relationship they'd just rip each other apart.
    Felicity has the fanbase on her side, and the writers know this. So, we are going to get the Triangle until the end of the series, where Oliver is more than likely going to end up with laurel, like how Clark Kent ended up with louis Lane in smallville. Deus Mother Fucking Ex Mother Fucking Machina.
    Seem a bit bitter? At the current point, I don't think Oliver will end up with anyone. Maybe next season they'll move his character to a more normal life (doubtful) or grow Laurel into the Canary and get her acting skills up to par (doubtful), but at this point I think I'd rather have him with Nyssa than Laurel. Felicity has a fanbase because she is a great character with a strong personality, likeable, and skilled in her way that makes her a valuable member of the team. Match her up with Oliver because he's the leading man and she "deserves" it. Except he's a horrible person to date, and any relationship she had with him would be a very sour one. Unless folks think she can "heal" or "change" him, in which case, just cancel the series now.
    Felicity is that underdog in this. Laurel has been garbage since her inception. She has always been that "save the princess."
    It's true Laurel has always been the damsel in distress, but too stupid/stubborn to realize it and stay the fuck out the way. Her developing fighting skills won't change that for me. She could have been a well developed character in her own (non Canary) role, but they even seemed to pass over that. Look at Felicity, she has tried once or twice to be an active type, but learned her role isn't that. She's still a very useful part of the team. Felicity is a fully fleshed out member of the team, Laurel is a plot device.

Deleted
    snip
    Couldn't agree more, well said.

Ah didn't catch the Nyssa part, but everything else is spot on
    Last edited by mmoc1a1ea076c3; 2014-11-01 at 05:42 PM.

I think I'd rather have him with Nyssa than Laurel.
    What an original idea, they could even name their son Damian.

No, just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare to be blown away by Quentin's real voice :>

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    Couldn't agree more, well said.

Ah didn't catch the Nyssa part, but everything else is spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post

No, just no.
    Haha, I don't want him dating Nyssa, have no fear. Just sayin, Laurel is the last person I'd want him returning to.

Maybe I should have said "Huntress" or "dating the corpse of Sara, Weekend At Bernies style"?

I didnt like the series so much in the first season, but now i am starting to grow to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post

No, just no.
    i c wot u did thar

i think im in love with young felicity O_O

i think im in love with young felicity O_O
    She could be Death from Gaiman's Sandman in the shot.

Deleted
    I think it's way too much over the top, she probably doesn't have her quirkiness yet and acts all Gothic/ Emo rebel hacker teenager (basically too much stereotypes). In comparison to her present outfits, it perfectly fits that she represented at one point in her life another extreme though. Reminds me of Robin Sparkles / Dagger, and not in a good way. But judging from the comments, also on ign etc., they are nailing it for some people Looking forward how things will turn out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    She could be Death from Gaiman's Sandman in the shot.
    Shit yeah. Someone contact Joseph Gordon Levitt stat! He needs to know this.

Also HOLY SHIT she looks fine .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

no way roy killed sarah. thats fucking bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

also i dont know what thea was wearing at the end of that episode but wow :P

- - - Updated - - -

looks like ray palmer will be suiting up near the end of the season

no way roy killed sarah. thats fucking bullshit
    Possible he was mind controlled, or something, or that perhaps someone is sending him dreams. Roy has been pretty decent this season, so hopefully they don't throw away the good work they've done.

Though again, more mooks get arrows to the chest this episode. Though it was Roy and no Oliver, I'd figure he'd be covered under the "no killing".

It's hilarious to kill random army/security/thugs but not the mass murderer...

also i dont know what thea was wearing at the end of that episode but wow :P
    She needs a costume!
    But, again, perfect chance to come clean on Team Arrow and bring her in. I do wonder what the ownership of the Arrow Cave was though if the club was up for sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Roy killed her, but only because one of the League of Assassin's put the whammy on him. He didn't do it of his own accord, or because of some strange Mirakuru flashback.

And yeah... Thea. THEA. So hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm guessing Roy killed her, but only because one of the League of Assassin's put the whammy on him. He didn't do it of his own accord, or because of some strange Mirakuru flashback.
    I imagine he did it, but I don't really feel like getting more melodrama amongst the group. OTOH, some new villain that could tinker with memories would be amusing for me, what with all the flashbacks.