Thread: [TV] Arrow

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh man I can't wait for this! I wanna know what happened in the Glades, I wanna know what happened on the Island.... I wanna see Thea again

and now Summer Glau is joining the cast!!! aaahhhhhh can't wait another week
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

dont really like season two so far. The annoying wannabe hero boyfriend.. somehow i hope he just leaves/dies anytime soon, but dont think so.

Also the ex lawyer girlfriend's vendetta.. blaming him for no reason for everything bad that happend. "before the hood came nothing happend".. yea sherlock, you just didnt knew it.... .

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    dont really like season two so far. The annoying wannabe hero boyfriend.. somehow i hope he just leaves/dies anytime soon, but dont think so.

Also the ex lawyer girlfriend's vendetta.. blaming him for no reason for everything bad that happend. "before the hood came nothing happend".. yea sherlock, you just didnt knew it.... .
    Roy will come around, or he'll just skip the whole Speedy/Red Arrow thing and become Arsenal.

Honestly, I've been fucking loving season 2 so far. With the introduction of The Flash scheduled for episode 8, it really makes me wonder if Sebastian Blood is just an alderman in this, or if he's actually a vampire.

It's odd, with both Deathstroke and Brother Blood in the same show, it's almost like they're setting the stage for the Teen Titans... Can't wait to see what comes next!

The Flash? I thought this is "no superpowers" kind of show?

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Not for much longer. Barry Allen will appear in episode 8 as a forensic scientist, (likely with no powers) then he'll be in episode 9, (likely where he'll get his powers) then he'll show up again in episode 20 to save the day. Episode 20 is also considered to be the pilot episode for the Flash TV series.

I read this interview where the writers were talking about introducing the Flash into Arrow, and they said he's pretty much gonna change the world, because nobody has superpowers, so they will try to portray a realistic reaction from all characters involved, and they're really excited how the existence of superhumans is going affect characters like Oliver, Diggle and Felicity long term.

I actually can't even find that interview anymore, because there's now so much information about this on the internet that searching "the flash in arrow season 2" yields so many results that it's fucking impossible to sift through.

But yeah, it's very interesting and it opens up the possibility for other characters to show or acquire superpowers, such as Black Canary, Deathstroke, Brother Blood and any others they want to add in. Then of course you have references to Star Labs and Lexcorp. Star Labs was mentioned on the news as having almost completed a particle accelerator in Central City, and Big Belly Burger, which is owned by Lexcorp is mentioned in almost every episode. Shit like that really sparks a lot of speculation about tie ins with other DC live action products, like Man of Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    They will slowly start introducing superpowers. Episode 20 of Arrow season 2 will be the Flash origins episode and then he will get his own show.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, pretty glad superpowers are coming into it then. Also a few theories that woman that saved the arrow wanabee at the end of episode 1 i'm convinced is laurels sister. They mentioned she would be in it this season, she could just be in a flashback or something but still. Also since you mentioned the superpowers, maybe that has something to do with that bunker full of japanese soldiers with weird skulls in the latest episode? (on the island)

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Sweet, pretty glad superpowers are coming into it then. Also a few theories that woman that saved the arrow wanabee at the end of episode 1 i'm convinced is laurels sister. They mentioned she would be in it this season, she could just be in a flashback or something but still. Also since you mentioned the superpowers, maybe that has something to do with that bunker full of japanese soldiers with weird skulls in the latest episode? (on the island)
    Sarah Lance is the first Black Canary. The actress on IMDB is listed as Sarah Lance/Black Canary lol. Also, that "arrow wanabee" is Roy Harper, aka Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Roy_Harper_(New_Earth)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Sarah Lance is the first Black Canary. The actress on IMDB is listed as Sarah Lance/Black Canary lol. Also, that "arrow wanabee" is Roy Harper, aka Speedy/Red Arrow/Arsenal. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Roy_Harper_(New_Earth)
    Yeah i know who he is, i just forgot his name and couldn't be arsed googling him.

Sigh, did they really have to bring him back.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Arrow has been one of the strongest shows for me this season, but this episode was sort of a let down. Still, I have hopes.

Well, it makes sense. I mean, Malcolm is part of the League of Assassins. Ra's al Ghul is the leader of the League of Assassins, and he has access to the Lazarus Pit. He probably just had some agents swing by, pick up the dead body, and drop it in the pit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... am I the only one that LOVED that turn or events?

I mean sure it was predictable, but hell you have to remember this is at it's heart a comic book show, so you have to allow for a little "But wait, he wasn't REALLY dead!".

And to be honest... did anyone REALLY think he wouldn't be back? This current storyline is so tied with him, both the league of Assassin's part and Moira's trial.

I liked that storyline, I loved the Island sections, I loved the second showdown with Count Vertigo (almost sad to see him go)... In fact the only part I didn't like was the whole love interest storyline with Felicity, it just DOESN'T fit.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Well, it makes sense. I mean, Malcolm is part of the League of Assassins. Ra's al Ghul is the leader of the League of Assassins, and he has access to the Lazarus Pit. He probably just had some agents swing by, pick up the dead body, and drop it in the pit.
    I have absolutely no idea what this Lazarus pit is, and I shouldn't have to look it up for it to make sense out of this "Resurrection". I can't exactly remember how he died again but dead is dead in my book, this half assed comeback was unnecessary.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I have absolutely no idea what this Lazarus pit is, and I shouldn't have to look it up for it to make sense out of this "Resurrection". I can't exactly remember how he died again but dead is dead in my book, this half assed comeback was unnecessary.
    The Lazarus Pit is a naturally occurring chemical pool filled with life energy. It was discovered by Ra's al Ghul, and his prolonged use of it not only granted him immortality but the ability to possess other people. Recently dead people can be thrown into the pool and be resurrected by it. It's pretty much a standard thing for the League of Assassins to have access to in most DC continuities, and I'm sure they'll explain it when the heroes find out about it.

Also, calling it now, Vertigo ain't dead. They haven't even given him his superpowers yet, there's no way they killed one of Green Arrow's main villains that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait... am I the only one that LOVED that turn or events?
    I was just hoping for more.

And to be honest... did anyone REALLY think he wouldn't be back? This current storyline is so tied with him, both the league of Assassin's part and Moira's trial.
    Pretty sure he said he just faked being dead, which is a bit of a cop out, but meh, I think much could have been overlooked during the earthquake.

I liked that storyline, I loved the Island sections,
    The island stuff is good, and I think Black Canary fits great with the show, so hopefully she becomes regular in "present" as well.

I loved the second showdown with Count Vertigo (almost sad to see him go)...
    The last time vertigo was there, he was brain fried though, it wasn't "see him, inject him" followed with "he got out of prison", it was "inject him" then "vertigo is on the street, lets check up on him... oh, he's a total vegetable, well, forget that" THEN "he got out of prison".

I'd have prefered rather than a simple "oh, that's right, he was transfered to prison after recovering", to have some mystery to it, his comatose body coming up missing from teh sanitarium, restored by Blood or whatnot.

In fact the only part I didn't like was the whole love interest storyline with Felicity, it just DOESN'T fit.
    It really doesn't, at all, but they really seem to be going down that route. Black Canary would have fit well, and the Laurel plots are always going to be there, so tying him and Felicity feels off. I'd rather see Diggle/ Felicity if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I was just hoping for more.
    Fair enough, I got into this show with VERY low expectations, so I'm always pleasantly surprised as long as it doesn't get Smallville bad

Pretty sure he said he just faked being dead, which is a bit of a cop out, but meh, I think much could have been overlooked during the earthquake.
    I kinda think that the Lazarus pit is in SOME way involved, it just makes sense when you add in Ra's al ghul and is FAR more interesting than just "lol I faek mah deffs!"

The island stuff is good, and I think Black Canary fits great with the show, so hopefully she becomes regular in "present" as well.
    aye she's cool, I have to wonder why he was so surprised to see her in Starling if he'd been chilling with her on the Island... but I guess we'll find out soon, I seem to recall him mentioning "killing her a second time" or something. Also... Slade is SUCH a boss!

The last time vertigo was there, he was brain fried though, it wasn't "see him, inject him" followed with "he got out of prison", it was "inject him" then "vertigo is on the street, lets check up on him... oh, he's a total vegetable, well, forget that" THEN "he got out of prison".

I'd have prefered rather than a simple "oh, that's right, he was transfered to prison after recovering", to have some mystery to it, his comatose body coming up missing from teh sanitarium, restored by Blood or whatnot.
    Yeah that would have been better... I kinda hoped they'd flesh his character out a bit more.. but nope, three arrows to the chest BOOM, the Count's out for the count

It really doesn't, at all, but they really seem to be going down that route. Black Canary would have fit well, and the Laurel plots are always going to be there, so tying him and Felicity feels off. I'd rather see Diggle/ Felicity if anything.
    I really hope they stop... but I know that alot of fans dig the Oli/Flic thing... which is annoying. Nah Diggle needs to hook up with his ex wife again, the one they rescued from Russia, she was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I kinda think that the Lazarus pit is in SOME way involved, it just makes sense when you add in Ra's al ghul and is FAR more interesting than just "lol I faek mah deffs!"

aye she's cool, I have to wonder why he was so surprised to see her in Starling if he'd been chilling with her on the Island... but I guess we'll find out soon, I seem to recall him mentioning "killing her a second time" or something. Also... Slade is SUCH a boss!
    Actually, now that you mention it, they're looking for the sub because of some super serum that could heal Slade, so maybe that is the start of the Lazarus Pit in the storyline? Either way, yeah, it was more the "oh, I just faked it, ha ha!" that irked me. I'd have liked it better if Tommy had returned from the dead even.

I really hope they stop... but I know that alot of fans dig the Oli/Flic thing... which is annoying. Nah Diggle needs to hook up with his ex wife again, the one they rescued from Russia, she was cool.
    I'd rather they keep the core 3 from messing with each other since it just goes bad most times, but if they were mixing two of them, I'd think Diggle/Felicity is the better match overall.

Also, it occurred to me last night how much Thea was chasing Tommy first season...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Actually, now that you mention it, they're looking for the sub because of some super serum that could heal Slade, so maybe that is the start of the Lazarus Pit in the storyline? Either way, yeah, it was more the "oh, I just faked it, ha ha!" that irked me. I'd have liked it better if Tommy had returned from the dead even.
    Oooooh... GOOD point! Maybe those guys are from the League of Shad... Assassin's and that way the Island will tie in with the cities storyline... I wouldn't be mad at that .

and No, Tommy was awful, he needs to stay dead

I'd rather they keep the core 3 from messing with each other since it just goes bad most times, but if they were mixing two of them, I'd think Diggle/Felicity is the better match overall.
    Aye, tbh they need to bring back that cop that Oli hooked up with for a while, the one that played Luna in True Blood, she was fucking HOT. Also leads to lots of fun "I'm the Arrow, but I'm dating a cop" style tension, far more fun that the "Oops, I nailed our tech expert, dumped her because I'm a dumbass and now we need some hacking done and she wont talk to me" stories that we will inevitably get.

Also, it occurred to me last night how much Thea was chasing Tommy first season...
    yeah, that occurred to me to.... Nasty.

another thought...

They've kinda shot themselves in the foot... Oli was on the Island for 5 years yes? So taking that each season is about 1year... what will they do after season 5? Just STOP going back to the island, have the whole season about Startling City? that could be a little flat.

I have to say... so long as I see felicity each week I'm happy. she is so ridiculously stunning.