Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    just wondering if you guys have thought about using chain heal over healing rain much, especially in the random dmg fights like spirit binder? chain heal gives u mana back when u crit unlike healing rain and will provide more healing to the targets that need it.

Welp, not sure what to tell you if your shamans are oom in 5 mans. Either they're spamming their biggest spells, the tank has chain pulled the entire dungeon, or your entire group enjoys standing in fire.

Raids, however, I understand. Shamans need to realize a few things- LB gives shit mana, HW is now your spam heal, CH is a waste of mana, and HR + UW is more of a cooldown than a spam spell now.

Also, everything goes to spirit. Unless you're a bleeding edge progressive raider, you will need as much as possible. Gems, reforge, everything. MTT once again stacks with on use and seemingly even on proc spirit (welcome back T11 MTT, how I missed you <3).

Pop MTT off CD if healers are below 70% mana. Other than that, every class has some sort of offheals they can offer in some fashion, be sure to utilize those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by straws View Post
    Did you armory him ? Did you see how he is reforged gemmed ? .. shammies in our guild were crying about mana regen being crap , but when they switched to straight spirit gemming , never went oom in raids . So you might look at how you are gemming/enchanting.
    This is the case with ALL of our resto shamans in my guild. The other thing too, how high were they are on healing done/over healing. That will be a key indication.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i do have 10 k spirit unbuffed, using spi flask + buffood and have to watch my mana very close, using cds on cooldown, including spriests hymns and so on.
    I dont understand how a "good" healer will socket int nowadays, as it is the worst of all throughput stat (at least for restoshaman). I dont have top logs, but im near always in top 200 in wol. i want to see a 5,5 k spirit shaman pushing out 55k + hps in a 9 minute fight.
    You got something wrong here, healing isn't a competetion or race. So screw the HPS thing imo. I just did Elegon 10 man normal today with a resto druid. I have around 5,8k spirit with flask and do just fine, every heal has to be well considered though. But if you know when there is inc damage and not, you can in most situations top off your raid slowly before you get inc damage again. On Elegon you rarely have passive damge, but spike dmg points where your raid or group will drop. All you have to do is keep people above 5% and then top them off slowly after that. If you don't realise during the high dmg that you can let your raid drop at some point because they wont hit 0% before the dmg is over, you are going to use spells that cost too much mana compared to their healing.

If you want healing to be a race, I did juust about 51k HPS with 5,8k spirit as I mentioned when we killed him. So yea it's possible

My guild's kill on Elegon from my PoV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OlrBkCNmNY

EDIT: I'm uploading it again since the link doesn't work.
    EDIT: Link works
    Last edited by mmoc12dbb41d8a; 2012-10-16 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkman View Post
    Log plz of you doing great healing with 5.5k spirit. I don't think that is what the rest of us have experienced so far.
    Unless you got some logs of your awesome healing without going for spirit I call BS.

Yeah, spirit is kinda mandatory for everyone. Unless you're in 25M and have your mistweavers ready, in which case they've got it all covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 7500 spirit on my resto set. not even the slightest mana issue and i dont gem just for spirit. just be smart about healing i guess. its rare i bust out healing surge

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    i have 7500 spirit on my resto set. not even the slightest mana issue and i dont gem just for spirit. just be smart about healing i guess. its rare i bust out healing surge
    You must not have stepped into raids yet, or heroic dungeons with dumb pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkman View Post
    Log plz of you doing great healing with 5.5k spirit. I don't think that is what the rest of us have experienced so far.
    I set a world top 25 with 5k spirit on the second boss in 25man. It's possible. And 2healing elgalon 10 we're going into P3 with me basically full mana. It's all about smart casting and no overhealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Raids, however, I understand. Shamans need to realize a few things- LB gives shit mana, HW is now your spam heal, CH is a waste of mana, and HR + UW is more of a cooldown than a spam spell now.
    Link me some of your logs please.