Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Alliance want freedom and peace, Horde want blood, gore, and war??

    Do you get the feeling through this expansion that the Alliance only want to be free of the oppression and war that the horde have waged on us? We generally want peace, and are only going to war because the Horde continually are out for blood. Bloodthirsty savages wanting to kill, plunder and rob us of everything we hold dear.

    If it were not for the Horde's continual desire for conquest and to try to enslave the Alliance any way they can, there would be no real war to speak of.

    It just seems like the Horde are the culprits of every major problem on the face of Azeroth and even Outland. They manipulate the Pandas to join them in their blood thirsty conquest as well. It just sickens me.

    To summarize, the horde are out only for one thing: Blood. Thats it. No honor, no peace, no being satisfied with what they have and count their blessings. If they continue to act in this manner, the alliance may just wipe them completely off the face of Azeroth for good.

    What do you think about this notion?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,591
    What? Admiral Taylor at the start had you murder surrendering orcs. How is that peace-loving?



  3. #3
    Wait when did we ever want to enslave the alliance?
    Also I seem to recall just as many fights initiated by alliance forces as horde. (Camp Tarujo and Alterac Valley to name a couple.)
    Your argument is rather flawed my friend. Especially considering how many horde races just want peace and a chance to live safely.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal SynthesisSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    87
    While I agree that Garrosh's horde only seems to want blood, I don't agree with you using 'the whole horde'. Both the Trolls and the Tauren are fully against what Garrosh is doing. Even the Blood Elves seem to disapprove of his methods, but does as he say since they're indepted to the horde.

  5. #5
    While i wont defend Gorrash's actions at all, He does tend to make me feel for the first time that the horde is the bad guy, at least at this moment, in the fight. But only when he directly is speaking. When we get to pandaria, The generals being a bit of a dick, but one of our first missions is to free pandarian CHILDREN forced into labor gangs by alliance.

    Later while i was exploring the southern side of the jade forrest more, I noticed the apparent alliance starting area and the horde warlocks holding pandarian children hostage, HOWEVER, reading the diary in the ruins, its pretty obvious that they were being influenced by the sha due to taking up residence in the ruins.

    The way i see it, both certainly have bad eggs, but ours was just holding the children to make sure the pandarian traded fairly with them...the alliance were whipping kids into making them an airfield. Whos the bad guy here?

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Black Kyurem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belfast, Ireland
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What? Admiral Taylor at the start had you murder surrendering orcs. How is that peace-loving?
    That wasn't Admiral Taylor, it was the crazy bitch. Yeah, she's like a Hordie; most if not all of the Alliance are better than her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I admire your passion for your favorite character, but If I were you I'd hesitate before drawing parallels between self-perceived societal malaise and how nerds feel about a fictional blob of green pixels created in 2001 by a guy called Chris.

  7. #7
    I'm not sure where you got the impression that the Alliance are being oppressed by the Horde and that they only want peace and freedom. Yes, it is generally the Horde which initiates many of the major conflicts, but the Alliance typically don't make any attempts at peace either. In fact, Varian has always seemed rather against the idea.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What? Admiral Taylor at the start had you murder surrendering orcs. How is that peace-loving?
    Cause and Effect. Because of all the atrocities the Horde have committed on the Alliance over the years, the effect was payback. Thats why this war is continually going round and round. It all began with the Horde however. Ill just remind you of the opening cinematic to Warcraft 2.



    Does that look like the Horde are peace loving and only want freedom? Destroying Stormwind? Really?

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Does that look like the Horde are peace loving and only want freedom? Destroying Stormwind? Really?
    The first two games are very cut & dry and most of the motivations between the two were completely unknown. The main lore came from (now retconned) game manuals. You can't count on most of that stuff being accurate.



  10. #10
    The alliance wants peace and freedom for anyone who looks the same as they do. Everyone else be damned. That's exactly how Nazi Germany started.

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Asheriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,238
    The Horde is mostly composed of people that only want to be free and left alone, but they can't because they would end up being killed by the Alliance, so they have to work together.

    Garrosh has been giving dreams of power to some of the Hordies, but you have to keep in mind that most of them are only after peace. And this is precisely why the Horde will turn against Garrosh in the end.

    We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The alliance wants peace and freedom for anyone who looks the same as they do. Everyone else be damned. That's exactly how Nazi Germany started.
    Nah, they are just very selective, just be pretty and like light.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    The way i see it, both certainly have bad eggs, but ours was just holding the children to make sure the pandarian traded fairly with them...the alliance were whipping kids into making them an airfield. Whos the bad guy here?
    The horde.


    Sheesh, easy question.

  14. #14
    The Patient Skur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    206
    Garrosh is the problem, not the Horde, that's why we will team up and end his chaotic reign.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    That wasn't Admiral Taylor, it was the crazy bitch. Yeah, she's like a Hordie; most if not all of the Alliance are better than her.
    This is why the Alliance is a fairly boring and unbelievable faction right now.

    We go to the movies and watch The Punisher wage a one man war against the crime family that murdered his wife, son, and every relative at a family reunion and we say "Go, Frank. Kill 'em!" But when the Horde allies do the same, we say "Frank" is a crazy nut we're ashamed of.

    She has reason to burn with anger. Her family, her home, and everything she grew up with is a sludge pit where South Shore used to be.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The first two games are very cut & dry and most of the motivations between the two were completely unknown. The main lore came from (now retconned) game manuals. You can't count on most of that stuff being accurate.
    If its part of the Warcraft universe, its lore. Its cannon. The horde are deep rooted in bloodthirsty violence, for as you put it "motivations.. completely unknown"

    Well any track record would show you that we now know their motivations: Blood. Just the sheer sport and violence of killing innocent Alliance citizens.

  17. #17
    I'm not sure how people can still group up the entirety of the Horde as all wanting the same thing that Garrosh does. He's one guy who leads one Horde race that is pulling the strings on most of the events in MoP. Quite literally every other Horde faction leader aside from the missing goblin leader, hates Garrosh and what he's doing.

  18. #18
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,270
    Oh look, it's Jaylock........ Anything else need to be said? All nonsense and no facts - just as always.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Rickmagnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The darkest corner with the best view.
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    While i wont defend Gorrash's actions at all, He does tend to make me feel for the first time that the horde is the bad guy, at least at this moment, in the fight. But only when he directly is speaking. When we get to pandaria, The generals being a bit of a dick, but one of our first missions is to free pandarian CHILDREN forced into labor gangs by alliance.

    Later while i was exploring the southern side of the jade forrest more, I noticed the apparent alliance starting area and the horde warlocks holding pandarian children hostage, HOWEVER, reading the diary in the ruins, its pretty obvious that they were being influenced by the sha due to taking up residence in the ruins.

    The way i see it, both certainly have bad eggs, but ours was just holding the children to make sure the pandarian traded fairly with them...the alliance were whipping kids into making them an airfield. Whos the bad guy here?
    Holding children away from their families for trade? You're crazy if you really think that's better. Not to mention you're assuming the Alliance commander wasn't effected the same way, just because he wasn't stupid enough to keep a diary. It's important though to seperate the different Horde's. There is the Old Horde that exsisted pre-Thrall, then there is Thrall's Horde, and lastly Garrosh's Horde. Lumping all Races into Garrosh's Horde is the wrong way to look at it; they've done a pretty good job at this point of highlighting Garrosh as the big reason for why this is happening and why he is the center piece. He kills dissenters after all, harder to ask why Baine or Vol'jin doesn't do anything when Garrosh might just have them killed out right.

    Up until Garrosh was appointed I would say the Alliance and Horde were both neither good guys or bad guys, both had their moments of each alignment. There is no reason peace can't happen, but it won't happen with Garrosh at the head of it. Luckily it won't be that long now that we'll get to rectify that particular problem.
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Issac Asimov

  20. #20
    How does Jaylock constantly come back from being banned?

    Anyway, I think you're lumping the Dark Horde of WCI and WCII in with Thrall's Horde of WCIII, which is unfair. It's obvious Garrosh's Horde is more akin to the Dark Horde, but we'll see that all end when he gets dethroned.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •