Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Upon further thinking, I'm convinced this article must exist purely to rile up the feminuts who abhor any use of the word 'rape'. Because the lawmaker is making completely valid points: the most common reason for a false rape accusation is to cover up a willing sexual encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Upon further thinking, I'm convinced this article must exist purely to rile up the feminuts who abhor any use of the word 'rape'. Because the lawmaker is making completely valid points: the most common reason for a false rape accusation is to cover up a willing sexual encounter.
    Wow. I am speechless. I cannot defend that. Just I do not know what to say. Most women lie about it then tell the truth. They are bad ones. Just whoa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    The HuffPost article isn't making that claim. Hell, the headline doesn't even imply it, as you say it does.

The article does, on the other hand, explicitly state that he's under fire for encouraging a blame-the-victim mentality towards rape, which fundies and teabaggers are using to undermine the coverage of abortion and medical care for rape victims.
    'Some media outlets' does not constitute the Huffington Post. Yahoo News posted an article yesterday in which Rivard was taken to task for inferring that he advocated rape, and he was forced to issue a press release clarifying his remarks. 'Some girls rape easy', when one isn't afforded context, can be interpreted a number of different ways, and Yahoo certainly leaned toward an interpretation consistent with my earlier comment.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Again. I truly love and value personal feedback and information. However like Fox New's widely inaccurate as if repeating a lie over and over will make it true. It does not. Though you have no interest in what is true your mind already clouted by what you believe. It's slander to insult a poster when you have virtually no idea what runs in their mind.

Perhaps this is less about me and more about how you hate women. Thanks for directing your anger to me. Always happy to help the misinformed because I read an online newspaper instead of CNN or Fox News.
    "You think I find articles to incite party bashing? You must hate women!" <-- This is what I got out of this response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Wow. I am speechless. I cannot defend that. Just I do not know what to say. Most women lie about it then tell the truth. They are bad ones. Just whoa.
    Did I say most? No; I said the most common cause for lying about it. Which is a fact, by the way.

That's not what he said.

Granted, it is what many fundies and teabaggers believe, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    I get what he was trying to say, but it really could have been worded better. I do grudgingly admit that the man makes a valid point.
    I don't think there is a nice way to say some women will throw their sexual partners under the bus to shield themselves from the consequences of their actions. It is a serious thing, it can and has ruined the lives of many innocent young men. I'm sure there are better choices of words than his however.

So lets see here:
    . Aiken believes there is a hormone that releases to prevent pregnancy when you are raped
    . Roger Rivard thinks some chicks rape easy. The goold old "she had it coming" defense
    . Paul Ryan wants to redefine rape on the federal level
    . Mitt Romney wants to skip the courts and repeal Roe vs Wade

Republicans are just scoring points left and right. If you are a woman and vote for these nut jobs you deserve the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    I don't think there is a nice way to say some women will throw their sexual partners under the bus to shield themselves from the consequences of their actions. It is a serious thing, it can and has ruined the lives of many innocent young men. I'm sure there are better choices of words than his however.
    Incoming, "OMG, YOU HATE WOMEN!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So lets see here:
    . Aiken believes there is a hormone that releases to prevent pregnancy when you are raped
    . Roger Rivard thinks some chicks rape easy. The goold old "she had it coming" defense
    You didn't read the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Incoming, "OMG, YOU HATE WOMEN!"...
    Wait for it...
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-10-12 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury View Post
    'Some media outlets' does not constitute the Huffington Post. Yahoo News posted an article yesterday in which Rivard was taken to task for inferring that he advocated rape, and he was forced to issue a press release clarifying his remarks. 'Some girls rape easy', when one isn't afforded context, can be interpreted a number of different ways, and Yahoo certainly leaned toward an interpretation consistent with my earlier comment.
    I'm still trying to figure out why you respond to the article with an attack on things not said in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    "You think I find articles to incite party bashing? You must hate women!" <-- This is what I got out of this response.
    If you have such a heated passion against what I write. No one is forcing you to even respond to it. Unless you have something of value to add. If you believe me so mis-guided. Why do you continue to post in the thread. That's not an insult a general sincere question. If I dislike someone the last thing Id do is go to find them just to shout how much I dislike their ideas.

Now please stay on topic..

15+ Year Old Account
    So lets see here:

Republicans are just scoring points left and right. If you are a woman and vote for these nut jobs you deserve the consequences.
    To be clear, Rivard was not advocating the 'she had it coming' philosophy. That is what was (incorrectly) reported.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Are you seriously implying that women that vote GOP deserve to be raped?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to figure out why you respond to the article with an attack on things not said in the article.
    'Rivard criticized over 'some girls rape easy' remark'. A portion of the criticism aimed at Rivard over this statement was covered in other news stories. Given that they have direct relevance, it is appropriate to refer to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what was said:

"He also told me one thing, 'If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,'" Rivard said. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say, 'Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said, 'Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said, 'they rape so easy.'
    "What the whole genesis of it was, it was advice to me, telling me, 'If you're going to go down that road, you may have consensual sex that night and then the next morning it may be rape.' So the way he said it was, 'Just remember, Roger, some girls, they rape so easy. It may be rape the next morning.'

"So it's been kind of taken out of context."
    So yeah, I would say the guy was taken out of context.

I mean, he didn't lie. I'm sure many people remember this story:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1548823.html

During an initial meeting with him, she said she had lied; there had been no kidnap and no rape and she offered to help him clear his record, court records state.

But she refused to repeat the story to prosecutors because she feared she would have to return payout from the civil suit.

That's not what he said.

Granted, it is what many fundies and teabaggers believe, nonetheless.
    Proof? You got a poll or a study? Or is it just your prejudice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds accurate, though the wording could use a little change. I'd make sure to tell that advice to any teenage boy who's thinking about hopping in the sack with whomever will let him. He's not advocating it or anything, he's simply warning his son about carefully choosing who to have intercourse with.
    To all of the people who say "So he's saying all women/most women do that" he's not and saying that is ridiculous. Only a small minority of women have lied about rape, but it's just a warning. Just like mother might warn their daughters about the dangers of being raped (even though a small minority of men have ever done that). It's a precaution.

The war on women is so ridiculous. I wish Michelle Bachmann would have stayed in the race longer so people could not sensationalize and misinform women voters and gullible men. Its a class war not gender. Just because you have men as officials making stupid statements does not mean many women don't have the same stances on abortion, rape, healthcare. I know many women like this and I might not agree with them but I won't make a scene and say I am being oppressed. Its not men vs women and misogyny its just your standard haves and have nots. I do think one is a lesser of two evils but women that vote Democrat over Republican aren't really that different. There isn't one that deserves a vote. Both are scum and use the very same tactics and get the same corporate paychecks. Its upsetting that politicians can turn us against each other while they skip and frolic to the bank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzabella View Post
    The war on women is so ridiculous. I wish Michelle Bachmann would have stayed in the race longer so people could not sensationalize and misinform women voters and gullible men. Its a class war not gender. Just because you have men as officials making stupid statements does not mean many women don't have the same stances on abortion, rape, healthcare. I know many women like this and I might not agree with them but I won't make a scene and say I am being oppressed. Its not men vs women and misogyny its just your standard haves and have nots. I do think one is a lesser of two evils but women that vote Democrat over Republican aren't really that different. There isn't one that deserves a vote. Both are scum and use the very same tactics and get the same corporate paychecks. Its upsetting that politicians can turn us against each other while they skip and frolic to the bank
    And the haves in this case are mostly men and their indocrinated consorts, and the have nots are mostly women and those few men that support them in their bid for equality.

As a gay male, I find it easier to empathise with women because we are both members of marginalized social groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.