Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't have glasses, my eyes are good luckily!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure on my numbers, but I know that things are fussy at distance. I have a pair that I mostly wear when driving, watching TV or a movie.

Other than that, I don't wear them all that often. It isn't that they cause discomfort or anything, I just find that I don't need them most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, there's some kind of connection between the eye cavity, and the nasal canal and the mouth. Every time I'd drop my eyes with the medicated stuff, I'd get this weird flavor in my nose and mouth.
    Makes sense, actually. Sometimes if something very small gets in my eyes it exits my body through the nose, which of course is also connected to the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and yes.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

When I did my military service I had 1.0 on both eyes, thats grade A eyesight according to their/Swedish system. Anyways, I've never needed glasses or contacts.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    I have never used glasses. The times I have tried some, they always made my noose "heavy", it was weird and I can't imagine myself wearing glasses, any kind of glasses, I'm not a fan of wearing glasses, on myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    No idea what my numbers are, about about 3 years or so back I was in Vegas with my Dad took my to Vegas for my 21st birthday with my siblings and what not.

I jokingly took my sisters glasses at one of the shows we were seeing and put them on.

I quickly realized what I had thought was smoke/fog effects was just my extremely poor eyesight. All of a sudden it made sense and for the first time I was seeing the world for real.

It's sad because I had seen plenty of Vegas shows, Broadway shows without classes and I always thought it was hard to see but never really thought about getting classes until that point. Even then it took me another 2 years to get classes.

I'm positive it's a BIG part of why I did not do as well in school as I could have.

Now I wear them only when I need, like when viewing shows or working and such or am at events.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Glasses, annoying, yes...
    Nothing... NOTHING worse than getting smudges on your glasses.

I'd straight up kill someone without a second thought if they got a smudge on my glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Glasses, annoying, yes...
    Nothing... NOTHING worse than getting smudges on your glasses.

I'd straight up kill someone without a second thought if they got a smudge on my glasses.
    I can name a few things more annoying...

going from a cold freezer to some place warm or when it is really humid outside... glasses fog up completely.

Deleted
    I need glasses when i watch TV, sits infront of the computer and reads. But i cant be arsed to get new ones because it is expensive as hell! So i am not using them at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have something like -3,50 on both eyes so yeah I wear glasses all the time except when I'm in the shower/swimming or sleeping. I've had them for most of my life so I don't really think about it anymore, I think I look "weird" without glasses now. Only annoying thing about them are the damn spots and smudges that always stick to them, especially when you have quite long hair, grrr.

My sister has something like -10,75 on both eyes Oo. She's pretty much blind without glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    No idea what my numbers are, about about 3 years or so back I was in Vegas with my Dad took my to Vegas for my 21st birthday with my siblings and what not.

I jokingly took my sisters glasses at one of the shows we were seeing and put them on.

I quickly realized what I had thought was smoke/fog effects was just my extremely poor eyesight. All of a sudden it made sense and for the first time I was seeing the world for real.

It's sad because I had seen plenty of Vegas shows, Broadway shows without classes and I always thought it was hard to see but never really thought about getting classes until that point. Even then it took me another 2 years to get classes.

I'm positive it's a BIG part of why I did not do as well in school as I could have.

Now I wear them only when I need, like when viewing shows or working and such or am at events.
    That's how I discovered my eyes were bad too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Yep. Not an extreme prescription but I wear them all day, only take them off to sleep and shower. Fogging and smudging is annoying but get yourself some bitchin frames and they can actually look quite nice.

I'm short sighted, don't know the numbers but I wear them constantly, anything beyond a few feet and it's impossible to make out detail and have worn glasses for 19 years to the stage where I think it would look weird if I wasn't wearing them. Wouldn't have the balls to get laser surgery on them though - which is just as well as it would also be terribly expensive!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I'm a -6.75 in both eyes. My mom got me glasses and I kept "accidently" jumping on them repeatedly to break them.

Even today I can't bring myself to wear them, the lenses are so thick, I'm too embarrassed.

I'm marginally nearsighted. I can do anything just fine, including drive. But I do have glasses because it's a slight improvement (much like going from regular to HDTV). I wear them while driving and to work, but they're off as soon as I'm at home.

I don't have anything in either eye. My dad and his father also never wore glasses so I hope I won't either.

How many people wear glasses here just to look like hipster. That's the real question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worn glasses since I was 10 yrs old (I'm 55) right eye -7.25, left eye -8.25

i didnt have glasses until about 3 years ago. Started having problem at distance so made sure to get a pair asap.
    When i bought mine, i made sure to buy a frame that fits me and my needs and honestly, i often forget about them. I sometimes end up going to bed with them still on. So for me they're not annoying at all. I wear them almost always. Because they're so comfortable it sometimes also works the other way around, since i barely feel them when i have them on, i sometimes forget to put them on when I'm at the pc.
    So yea, i love my glasses.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.