yep made it...biome o plenty have a bunch of ids.. and alot of them must be under 256...
    but i finally solved all conflicts..its weird that game even starts with conflicts??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    yep made it...biome o plenty have a bunch of ids.. and alot of them must be under 256...
    but i finally solved all conflicts..its weird that game even starts with conflicts??
    Nice. If you want to PM me your config I can slip it in the pack for people to use.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rmm99 View Post
    Agreed; use the tool Fuzzzie linked. It works well for its purpose
    I've now got rmm99 trained well it seems!

of course will send you whole config folder..and take from that what you find usefull ..would be glad to help..

15+ Year Old Account
    An update for people who use my configs. The 1.5.2 pack is coming along. Spent about an hour last night going through things. A few buffs are in order. I've buffed the vanilla Gold generation slightly (from 8 to 10 for node size). It feel like gold is scarce especially with the mods that require it. Feedback on this change is welcome before I make it public. Furthermore I nerfed the Dirt and Gravel spawns (underground that is) by half. This means that you shouldn't get as much junk. Also makes it less frustrating when starting out.

There are some ID fixes that will come in to effect. Mostly for new items/blocks as well as one conflict that I'm aware of now.

Just letting you know that I'm working on it still. When Mystcraft updates next week I'll have the pack ready. Additions to the list will include:

• Natura
    • Extra Utilities

Things that will be removed are:

• Liquid Metals
    • Xeno's Reliquary
    • Valve Pipe

Two more possible removals are Better World Generation and Optifine. The reason is poor performance and buggy updates. It's still up in the air right now. Waiting for feedback.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 07:31 PM ----------

of course will send you whole config folder..and take from that what you find usefull ..would be glad to help..
    Sure. Send me a PM link.

@ fuzzzie
    here you go lol
    have question btw...do i need mc patcher for hd textures on 1.5.1/2
    somewhere i have read that mc now have default support for hd textures...

15+ Year Old Account
    @ fuzzzie
    here you go lol
    Forge has support for HD Textures, although I'm not sure to what extent. That's a question best left for Greevir. I'll point him here next time I talk to him.

--------------

News about Fuzzcraft, for those using it.

Some of you may use my "mod" where I introduced coloured blocks and the means to colour them. These features are going to be transferred to Neolojik's "nxMinetilities" mod for 1.5.2. I'll be starting work on a new project involving storage chests to work with things like logistics pipes and applied energistics.

This shouldn't effect worlds that currently use my blocks. You'll just need to install nxMinetilities instead of Fuzzcraft. Fuzzcraft will be gone for now. I plan to create things on an individual basis now, that is, create a mod that does 1 thing only rather than trying to cram 20 things in one mod.

let's see if this link will come through. this is the github repository for the other id conflict tool i was trying to post about previously. i've tried it, and i think i might prefer it to oldfarmerjoe's perl script. that is not to say that joe's script isn't amazingly useful, it's just that this other program is a bit more robust. it does, however, require more setup and isn't as easy to use as joe's script, so there's that.

anyway, here goes: https://github.com/agaricusb/ModAnalyzer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ahwtx View Post
    let's see if this link will come through. this is the github repository for the other id conflict tool i was trying to post about previously. i've tried it, and i think i might prefer it to oldfarmerjoe's perl script. that is not to say that joe's script isn't amazingly useful, it's just that this other program is a bit more robust. it does, however, require more setup and isn't as easy to use as joe's script, so there's that.

anyway, here goes: https://github.com/agaricusb/ModAnalyzer
    Awesome! Thanks for the link. I'm definitely checking this out tonight!

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 09:03 PM ----------

Looking for updates, not really anything worth a whole post. Going to just wait until tomorrow.

how to download this from github?
    thats only source if i am not mistaken?

Block debug info

I'm not sure where this came from, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Somewhere in putting together my newest pack yesterday I got a little bit of extra so to speak.

In the top left corner of my minecraft window are 3 lines:

BlockID:
    Metadata:
    TileEntity:

Whenever I hover my cursor over a block I see the information pertaining to that block.

I imagine it's a setting in one of the myriad of config files I worked on yesterday, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one.

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea where it's coming from?

*edit* spelling
    Last edited by Doormat; 2013-05-19 at 02:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    Has anyone seen this before? Any idea where it's coming from?
    Are you using NBTEdit by any chance?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:18 PM ----------

Haven't tried yet. Will let you know when I manage it

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Are you using NBTEdit by any chance?
    I'm afraid not.

I wasn't even aware of it until now.

Once I get a backup of everything I'll start disabling handfuls of mods until I find it.

*EDIT*

Found it. It's in one of the UE mods ... specifically Mekanism. There's nothing in the config file to indicate a debug-like mechanism (forgive the pun) so I'm assuming it's just an oversight by the author.
    Last edited by Doormat; 2013-05-19 at 03:06 AM.

EDIT: my original explanation was a little too simple and sparse, especially if you're not a dev (like me, heh). so, if you really wanna know how to get this up and running, i would be happy to write up a more substantive tutorial post. just lemme know!

i've got the program 100% working and it's the freaking tits!
    Last edited by ahwtx; 2013-05-19 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ fuzzzie
    here you go lol
    No, you do not need McPatcher or Opticrap for HD texture support in 1.5.1+. Minecraft now has native support for HD Textures. However, you will need McPatcher or Opticrap if you want to take advantage of CTM and other features that many HD texture packs include.

Deleted
    what conflicts was you getting mate because i removed extrabioms and added BOP and dont seem to have any conflicts so far

maybe i am missing them

but wow extrabioms seems to be my main cause of lag spikes coz i dont have any lag now

fuzz, lemme know if you get that modanalyzer program working 100%. i thought i had it working, but now i'm running into some issues. seems it's not so easy to setup on a windows machine. gotta get some sleep at this point, though. i've been spinning my wheels for about an hour at least, ugh...

i just need to man up and learn more about development in general. i hate being "that newb" who is missing something totally obvious and ends up bugging a true dev with silly non-issues. comp sci is scary stuff, though!

EDIT: i've got the program 100% working and it's the freaking tits!
    Last edited by ahwtx; 2013-05-19 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Wow...rails are so much more hard to make than they were in Vanilla (at least when I played before the wolves were implemented). After a loooooooooooot of effort I just managed to make 2 coke ovens to get that impregnating stuff ^^

Those elevator rails look awesome though!

And thanks a lot Adalonus for the tip on Minefactory farms. They work perfectly. Turned my multifarm into a tree farm as that seems to work perfectly and made some minefactory farms for wheat and stuff.
    Time to research some golems to help in the farming as well! Thanks again Fuzzzie for all the info on mods, it really improves on minecraft a lot

Edit: spelling
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-05-19 at 01:44 PM.

@ skedone..
    i thought that everything is ok too,because game started normally.but when i started that id conflict script i almost fainted lol.
    there was first few conflicts in bop config..duplicates.and about 30 more with ic2.that are all block conflicts..they go up to 256..

Deleted
    Oh ok quick fix then so just change ore gen stuff will run it thru conflict program later unless you want to pm me the config too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ahwtx View Post
    fuzz, lemme know if you get that modanalyzer program working 100%. i thought i had it working, but now i'm running into some issues. seems it's not so easy to setup on a windows machine. gotta get some sleep at this point, though. i've been spinning my wheels for about an hour at least, ugh...
    Haven't tried yet. Long weekend and I'm spending some time AFK

@ skedone..
    i thought that everything is ok too,because game started normally.but when i started that id conflict script i almost fainted lol.
    there was first few conflicts in bop config..duplicates.and about 30 more with ic2.that are all block conflicts..they go up to 256..
    Watch out for biome ID conflicts as well.

----------------

• Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • OpenCCSensors Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • Modular Force Field System (MFFS) Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • NEI Bees Plugin Updated

Forestry update is beta. Includes the butterflies that were teased a while back.

Not doing much today besides playing later on.