Speaking of TE - any word on a 1.7.2 update?

I also tried BC NextGen - and it bombed on my server.... SO had to go back to the other BC....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Correct. It's because not everyone uses every mod in the list. For example. If the configs were setup to have Thermal Expansion (COFH) manage all the ore, someone who installed a lot of these mods and not include Thermal Expansion (COFH) they would have a world with no ores. Which is bad. So, we try to let people do that themselves. We can give some limited support on how to do this, but it's best to leave it up to you.
    Exactly.

The goal of the config pack is to solve ID related issues. The actual configuration of the mods and how you want to play is up to you.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.4 Config Pack Download v3.5.66 : Main Download

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/7272374/
    Config Pack Block/Item ID Spreadsheet : http://bit.ly/1aAlH1m

Version 3.5.66 - April 17th 2014

• Rotary Craft - Potion and Item ID's added
    • ReactorCraft - Had to reverse ID's for Molten Corium still and flowing per forge error log
    • ReactorCraft - Block ID added
    • Witchery - Block and Item ID's added

Deleted
    Hey, haven't written here for a long time, how's everyone doing ?

I wasted to ask if someone knows what is happening to Binnie? (The developer of extra bees/trees). Any idea if he is continuing his work on the mod or .. ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Hey, haven't written here for a long time, how's everyone doing ?

I wasted to ask if someone knows what is happening to Binnie? (The developer of extra bees/trees). Any idea if he is continuing his work on the mod or .. ?
    WB!

Not sure about extra bees. It took a long time for the 1.6 version to be ready and I haven't seen any progress on it since. Sengir has also stopped work on Forestry. The 1.7 port I have listed is from Player.

Laguy was using a mod, I think it was Gendustry on tedyhere's server. Seemed like it had a bunch of similarities with EB machines. Not sure about all the bees though.

15+ Year Old Account
    For Download Links and Information regarding the updates below, please visit the OP! ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470 )

1.6.4 Updates!

• Hardcore Ender Expansion Updated
    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Immibis Peripheral Updated
    • Mekanism Updated
    • Dragon API Updated
    • RotaryCraft Updated
    • ReactorCraft Updated
    • Thaumic Tinkerer Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • CoFH Core Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • Tinkers Mechworks Updated **
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Big Reactors Updated
    • Ender IO Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Waila Updated
    • Jabba Updated

1.7.2 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Advanced Genetics Updated
    • Applied Energistics 2 Updated
    • Biomes O Plenty Updated
    • Hardcore Ender Expansion Updated
    • Random Things Updated
    • Thaumcraft 4 Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • Mantle Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • ArmorStatusHUD Updated
    • StatusEffectHUD Updated
    • DirectionHUD Updated
    • Damage Indicators Updated
    • Jabba Updated

** Mechworks has been re-branded Tinkers Mechworks and is now working towards becoming a seperate mod, although it still requires Tinkers Construct to run. The 1.7 version doesn't look like it's available anymore so I've temporarily removed it. It has it's own thread now which has been updated on the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! Perfect timing for the update! BevoLJ posted another mod news video!!

Be careful with the TE update. There are various compatibility problems at least with RotaryCraft and Logistics Pipes. I wouldn't recommend updating just yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McJty View Post
    Be careful with the TE update. There are various compatibility problems at least with RotaryCraft and Logistics Pipes. I wouldn't recommend updating just yet.
    Thanks for the tip. I almost didn't notice the update since the version numbers were so similar. Waila has been updated to include support for the new TE. Hopefully by next update (Fri-Sat) those fixes will be in place.

Also, After watching BevoLJ's video it appears I have missed some key 1.7 updates. I may do an update to include those this week or definitely have them for next update. I'm guessing some of my sources are outdated. I've been meaning to clean my Minecraft Bookmarks folder for some time and it's looking like I may have to. 400+ bookmarks in 13 folders + main is a lot to go through though

Patience, my friends

Deleted
    What's up,
    I want to know if I update a mod from a version to another, let's say from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 and in the update 1.0.2 the author has added a block or an item, why does that block/item not appear in the config file, his ID an options ? I realy need to delete the config and let the updated mod to generate a new config file for that block/item?

I asked this because here a situation: Yesterday I updated the mod Rotarycraft from version v20e to version v20f and in the version v20f the author has added a few blocks, for example Composter. In the config file, the Composter block does not appear but in game, does.

I need to understand exactly how config files influence the mod itself.

Thank you and hope to understand what I'm asking.
    Last edited by mmocd115367fad; 2014-04-24 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardcata View Post
    What's up,
    I want to know if I update a mod from a version to another, let's say from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 and in the update 1.0.2 the author has added a block or an item, why does that block/item not appear in the config file, his ID an options ? I realy need to delete the config and let the updated mod to generate a new config file for that block/item?

I asked this because here a situation: Yesterday I updated the mod Rotarycraft from version v20e to version v20f and in the version v20f the author has added a few blocks, for example Composter. In the config file, the Composter block does not appear but in game, does.

I need to understand exactly how config files influence the mod itself.

Thank you and hope to understand what I'm asking.
    The composter is in the rotarycraft.cfg. It is under # itemblock ids, Then it is I:"Machine Items"=xxxxx

All you have to do to find these items in future is look at the block/item id in NEI and search in the .cfg of the mod for it. Also if it has a damage value like :2125 or such just search for the number infront of the : If it doesnt show up then its offset by -256 so take the item id number and subtract 256 from it to find the .cfg number. That is how i found / show that the composter is I:"Machine Items"=xxxxx

Hope this helps. Oh and im on the same version as you for rotarycraft.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-04-24 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTraumatik View Post
    The composter is in the rotarycraft.cfg. It is under # itemblock ids, Then it is I:"Machine Items"=xxxxx

All you have to do to find these items in future is look at the block/item id in NEI and search in the .cfg of the mod for it. Also if it has a damage value like :2125 or such just search for the number infront of the : If it doesnt show up then its offset by -256 so take the item id number and subtract 256 from it to find the .cfg number. That is how i found / show that the composter is I:"Machine Items"=xxxxx

Hope this helps. Oh and im on the same version as you for rotarycraft.
    Ok. The thing I want to know most is that the updated mod will be affected in any way because I don't regenerate the config file ( delete the old one and let the mod generate a new one) ? I realy need to know if it's safe to not update the config file.

When I update, the mod will write the new option and items/blocks IDs and whatever is new to the mod specific to config file? If yes, it's a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardcata View Post
    Ok. The thing I want to know most is that the updated mod will be affected in any way because I don't regenerate the config file ( delete the old one and let the mod generate a new one) ? I realy need to know if it's safe to not update the config file.

When I update, the mod will write the new option and items/blocks IDs and whatever is new to the mod specific to config file? If yes, it's a fact?
    Yes it should be fine if the mod dev doesnt change the way it generates and most dont. The only one i remember changing was Biomes o plenty changed some stuff and then after updating there was duplicate lines in both .cfgs . Open Mods also was broken up into a couple of mods which had some dupes in cfgs too. If you use Fuzzies teams cfgs and dont update until they show its updated on this thread then you dont need to worry about any of them.
    If your doing your own pack and own cfgs then you need to keep watch but shouldnt need to delete a cfg and let it remake a new one. Always keep a backup just in case of needing the old block/item id numbers to redo.....

15+ Year Old Account
    A brand new config pack has arived!

Thanks to Laguy442 for his continued support and effort!

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/7333657/

Version 3.5.67 - April 25th 2014

• Mekanism - Block and Item ID's added
    • RotaryCraft - Item ID's added
    • Tinkers' Mechworks - Item Id added
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects - Item ID added

- - - Updated - - -

Going to quote a PM Laguy sent me for this update...

Anyway, I didn't use the new TE based on several warnings posted. Also, looks like DragonAPI/ReactorCraft/RotaryCraft updated before I could do configs so I used the newer version which is 1.6 v21 on all three.
    Haven't tested this stuff myself so I would listen to him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    A brand new config pack has arived!

Thanks to Laguy442 for his continued support and effort!

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/7333657/

Version 3.5.67 - April 25th 2014

• Mekanism - Block and Item ID's added
    • RotaryCraft - Item ID's added
    • Tinkers' Mechworks - Item Id added
    • Additional Buildcraft Objects - Item ID added

- - - Updated - - -

Going to quote a PM Laguy sent me for this update...

Haven't tested this stuff myself so I would listen to him
    You da man Laguy442! Thank you for the work you've done!

Interesting discussion by Jadedcat about the direction of energy producing mods in FTB 1.7.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thre...-in-1-7.44850/

On an unrelated note, anyone know what the chances are for a 1.7 version of TE?
    Last edited by laguy442; 2014-04-26 at 02:55 PM.

Pretty sad that they are pushing out IC2 like this. If they are going to push TE RF they should have the devs at least not come on streams and state they have no motivation to fix their mod and also fix the bugs at least. The last 2 patches of TE as examples.
    Now yes ,with 1.7 you should be able to just drop in IE (if you want to) and be good to go without messing with configs.

Havent heard anything on the streams about TE 1.7. But then again i have almost boycotted watching anything from FTB devs since the curse push and now this push for just RF. Having options is always a good thing. Look at open computers coming out and putting some competition in the ring and motivating dan and team to update/add more to their mod.

And thanks again to laguy442 and others for the updates.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    On an unrelated note, anyone know what the chances are for a 1.7 version of TE?
    I've heard it's in the works on Reddit. Not a reliable source though.

1.6 took a long time if you recall, 1.7 will probably as well. They just pushed an update for 1.6 so the team is still active.

---

Sorry about no update this weekend folks. Working lots and resting in between. Been fighting a bit of a cold on top of 20hrs in 2 days. Not that doing the list is a super tonne of work or anything, but I'm just taking it easy and watching TV / Playing D3 RoS and Portal

10+ Year Old Account
    Hiya,
    Have you all checked out the MultiMC's new Quickmods concept for centralizing mod downloads?

http://multimc.org/posts/introducing-quickmods.html

Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    Hiya,
    Have you all checked out the MultiMC's new Quickmods concept for centralizing mod downloads?

http://multimc.org/posts/introducing-quickmods.html
    Looks great. Finally coming to fruition. Been talked about by others for a while now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iTraumatik View Post
    Looks great. Finally coming to fruition. Been talked about by others for a while now.
    I wonder how well it will do with Curses plans for dominating the modding scene.

Should b fine, its just taking links that mod devs post, i think. Now who and how often those links will be updated in the file is up to the person making the pack/instance. Sux tho multimc needs adblock now with that :P