Deleted
    Fuzzzie, all ,

mods may come and go since i last played, but the fantastic utility of this thread and the friendliness of its users is the same!

Thanks to all,

pa99

Anyone know anything about OpenBlocks and 1.7.10? Mikemoo has been weirdly absent from ForgeCraft, but dammit I want my Elevator Blocks, so if someone hasn't thought of holding his family hostage in exchange for progress, let me be the first to suggest it
    Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​

Quote Originally Posted by Eunomiac View Post
    Anyone know anything about OpenBlocks and 1.7.10? Mikemoo has been weirdly absent from ForgeCraft, but dammit I want my Elevator Blocks, so if someone hasn't thought of holding his family hostage in exchange for progress, let me be the first to suggest it
    He posted an update here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iTraumatik View Post
    Heres the github for Bluepower....
    https://github.com/Quetzi/BluePower

Heres the vod for explaining what they have done so far
    http://www.twitch.tv/quetzi/c/4470233

Heres the comment about copying
    https://twitter.com/TheRealEloraam/s...72583299256320

I guess i have too much time on my hands, ive been away from MC for a bit and now getting back into it and seeing this sucks once again.

Yeesh. So to once again recap; she left without a word due to "work" (which apparently means you can't write even take 5 minutes to do one tweet or tiny blog update) and now that she's "back" she pretty much immediately starts threatening the projects that were started because she wouldn't update her mod?

So glad this developer is back...

Aaannnd Bluepower from Q and others is done. The dev i wont mention fired a shot at all mods that ""clone/replacement" mods (copying both both function and look&feel) are in a bit of an awkward legal position." Well that sux, at least with bluepower we probably would have had a mod that updates and doesnt threaten others.
    I don't think what she is saying is actually enforceable in practice. Look and feel is sketchy to start with and you cannot protect an idea, ie she can not protect the function of her mods. If that were true you would have people licensing out word processors and such.

Tinkers' Mechworks has a 1.7.10 version out now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Yeesh. So to once again recap; she left without a word due to "work" (which apparently means you can't write even take 5 minutes to do one tweet or tiny blog update) and now that she's "back" she pretty much immediately starts threatening the projects that were started because she wouldn't update her mod?

So glad this developer is back...
    I agree that not even dropping a tweet saying "Redpower is on hold for now. RL stuff etc etc" was lame. I don't think her "threats" will really work either unless she can prove that assets or code have been stolen. Even then it would be more trouble than it's worth to fight it. I'm kinda looking forward to a Redpower 3. It will be interesting to see innovations on her part as she has been one of the most innovative mod authors to ever try their hand at modding. Even with all the clones and copies you need many mods to even come close to what redpower was.. For example, atm you would need:

• Project Red
    • Forge Multipart or IMMB
    • Truss Mod (or equivalent)
    • Computercraft or Open Computers
    • Tubestuff

That doesn't even include machines like Block Breakers, Transposers, Sortrons, Anything dealing with Blutricity (although other mods kinda do similar stuff).

My point I guess is that in spite of the terrible treatment supporters of RP2 got in 1.4, I'm still a little excited to see whats next. Modded Minecraft is always in flux, Modders come and modders go. The 1.7.x list I have now is only a fraction of the mods I check 2-3 times a week because mod authors have vanished without a word.

At this point I would just be grateful and thankful to all the mod authors who try and make the scene go on with their hard work. As someone who has attempted his own mods in the past, I can say that it's not easy at all.

----

Work on the thread re-do is coming along nice. Need to nail down headers for all the sections. I've been trying a few things in GIMP but I'm terrible at that sort of thing. What I come up with may be basic. If worse comes to worse I might commission (and pay for) someone to do it. I'll let you know if it comes to that. The goal is to get the bulk of the work done by the end of the weekend (with or without headers).

A regular update is coming tomorrow for the existing list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pa99 View Post
    Fuzzzie, all ,

mods may come and go since i last played, but the fantastic utility of this thread and the friendliness of its users is the same!

Thanks to all,

pa99
    Thanks for hanging out and showing your support. It's for people like you that I do this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iananderson View Post
    He posted an update here
    That's a shame. But like I said above, Mod authors come and mod authors go. Thankfully this is an open source project so that other developers can jump in. I encourage people with skills in Java to look at mod authoring as a hobby. The next great mod could come from someone here.

Pahimar is putting out a series of videos teaching modding basics. He's using 1.7.10 and is getting into a lot of the details that so many tutorials on the subject miss.

Check out his Let's Mod Reboot series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bz6TefIgeEiVcj

- - - Updated - - -

For Download Links and Information regarding the updates below, please visit the OP! ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470 )

1.7.2 Updates!

1.7.10 Updates!

• NotEnoughItems (NEI) Updated
    • Crafting Pillars Updated
    • Ender IO Updated
    • Ender Utilities Updated
    • Equivalent Exchange 3 Updated
    • Mekanism Updated
    • PneumaticCraft Updated
    • Random Things Updated
    • Refined Relocation Updated
    • Tinkerers Construct Updated
    • Witchery Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated
    • Tinker's Mechworkds Updated

New Modded Minecraft News and Hot Blocks episodes!!

I just installed NEI and ccc on a clean install(since I thought it was a mod conflict) of minecraft 1.7.10 and I just can't get utility or cheat mode to work in a singleplayer game? The utility/cheat buttons on top left just doesn't show up and I can't cheat in any objects when clicking on blocks. I've tried making the world with cheat turned on and off but it doesn't make any difference. Is there something you have to do with 1.7.x to get utility/cheat mode to work nowadays? It used to work right out of the box in 1.6.x.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    I just installed NEI and ccc on a clean install(since I thought it was a mod conflict) of minecraft 1.7.10 and I just can't get utility or cheat mode to work in a singleplayer game? The utility/cheat buttons on top left just doesn't show up and I can't cheat in any objects when clicking on blocks. I've tried making the world with cheat turned on and off but it doesn't make any difference. Is there something you have to do with 1.7.x to get utility/cheat mode to work nowadays? It used to work right out of the box in 1.6.x.
    Post 7180 from skedone explains about this ..."its been a bug/feature for a while lol need to change to world not global first(top right) then they will show up "

The minecraft /cheats vanilla option has nothing to do with NEI's cheat mode.

Hope this helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    That's a shame. But like I said above, Mod authors come and mod authors go. Thankfully this is an open source project so that other developers can jump in. I encourage people with skills in Java to look at mod authoring as a hobby. The next great mod could come from someone here.

Pahimar is putting out a series of videos teaching modding basics. He's using 1.7.10 and is getting into a lot of the details that so many tutorials on the subject miss.

Check out his Let's Mod Reboot series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bz6TefIgeEiVcj
    That's pretty cool! I watched VSWE's series a few months ago and tried to make a mod, but I found I really don't have the dedication to do that :$ Will probably watch this series just to learn from it though.

Next project - html5 canvas game

ExtraTiC also has a 1.7.10 version out

Also in case anyone still uses BC quarries a 1.7.10 version of QuarryPlus is out
    sourceforge.net/projects/yogpstopmcmods/files/QuarryPlus/1.7.10/
    Last edited by upNdown; 2014-07-24 at 04:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by upNdown View Post
    ExtraTiC also has a 1.7.10 version out

Also in case anyone still uses BC quarries a 1.7.10 version of QuarryPlus is out
    sourceforge.net/projects/yogpstopmcmods/files/QuarryPlus/1.7.10/
    Thanks. I compiling everyones suggestions and they will be included in the major update. Progress is going okay. I need to settle down one day and just finish it. Since I now have 2 of these threads (one here and one in the "MMOC test forum" where I'm editing ) I realize that I'm gonna have to do the updates that I did today there too lol. fml.

The biggest hiccup for me is graphics. I might wing it to get the update out and then work on that after.

Tomorrow I've got a day trip planned. I'll be around after around 8pm when work will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Thanks. I compiling everyones suggestions and they will be included in the major update. Progress is going okay. I need to settle down one day and just finish it. Since I now have 2 of these threads (one here and one in the "MMOC test forum" where I'm editing ) I realize that I'm gonna have to do the updates that I did today there too lol. fml.

The biggest hiccup for me is graphics. I might wing it to get the update out and then work on that after.

Tomorrow I've got a day trip planned. I'll be around after around 8pm when work will continue.
    Don't worry about rushing it all in good time, your doing a great job go out and smell the roses too!!!!

Don't suppose anyone is using BevoLJ's modpack (on ATLauncher) per chance? (if nothing else, maybe someone will recognize which mod is doing this)...

I'm having a problem figuring out what's changed with food. If I eat bread, it's like it loses it's nourishment after a bit; and you have to change foods... Frankly, whatever mod is doing it - is rather annoying. Anyone recognize the mod? I want to see what I'm supposed to be doing to 'fix' this - or if nothing else, find an option to turn this 'feature' off...

Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    Don't suppose anyone is using BevoLJ's modpack (on ATLauncher) per chance? (if nothing else, maybe someone will recognize which mod is doing this)...

I'm having a problem figuring out what's changed with food. If I eat bread, it's like it loses it's nourishment after a bit; and you have to change foods... Frankly, whatever mod is doing it - is rather annoying. Anyone recognize the mod? I want to see what I'm supposed to be doing to 'fix' this - or if nothing else, find an option to turn this 'feature' off...
    Spice Of Life
    Here you go http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ietary-variety

I didnt like it either but some might.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-07-24 at 02:39 PM.

Spice Of Life
    [snip]
    I didnt like it either but some might.
    Ah-ha! Thank you! Yeah; I don't like it at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Computercraft finally got updated to 1.7.10 (1.64pr4)

Just found this AE2 addon mod, dont know if anybody played with it yet...http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecra...e2-tech-add-on

AE2 Tech Add-On is an Add-On to Applied Energistics 2 which adds new machines and items that are designed to interact with the AE2 Grid. AE2 Tech Add-On was designed with the idea of automation in mind, making it easier to automate such things as an ore processing facility.

Also more villages mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...ngs-adjustable
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-07-26 at 06:04 PM.

Fuzzzie, have you heard of / been keeping an eye on the Ancient Warfare Mod?

Because I just discovered it, and holy kee-rist, it is one hell of a piece of work. There are dev builds up for 1.7.2, and work is moving swiftly towards a 1.7.10 release.

I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but I've been watching CaptainJack play with it a lot in his IceHenge LP. It's probably the most exciting mod I've seen in a long while: The name is a bit of a misnomer; while it started off as a largely PVP mod oriented around building siege engines, it's evolved a huge "civics" component where you build a Town Hall, and then hire a wide variety of workers to automate a huge list of tasks---everything from fishing, to ink farming, to mining, to lumberjacking... it's fantastic. It's a very unique style of automation---you're basically building a fully-functional village, whose citizens each specialize in automating something.

Here's about a minute-long clip of the mod in action; I love watching villagers running around with a purpose

https://www.youtube.com/v/dm2ezqGkNh...=137&version=3

Another cool feature is its Structure Generator: It comes with a bunch, and you can scan extra ones in creative mode for use in survival. Structures can be added to worldgen (with a TON of configurable parameters), instantly placed in creative mode, or---my favorite part---built by your villagers in survival mode.
    Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​

I haven't played minecraft in a while and feels like I've forgot everything! What mods in the list(1.7.10) can create a cobblestone generator? There used to be one in thermal expansion but beside that and redpower2 I have no idea what machines could be used for such a thing. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    I haven't played minecraft in a while and feels like I've forgot everything! What mods in the list(1.7.10) can create a cobblestone generator? There used to be one in thermal expansion but beside that and redpower2 I have no idea what machines could be used for such a thing. Any ideas?
    Extra Utilities actually has one of the fastest cobble gen systems that I have seen. By placing a transfer node (item) on top of a piece of cobble, have a source block of lava and water next to that cobble, and a world interaction upgrade (mining upgrade in previous versions), in the transfer node upgrade slots, it will begin 'picking up' the cobble its attached to. Using more world interaction upgrades will increase the rate it picks up the cobble, but with 4 its already a few a second, and speed upgrades will help it find a destination along the transfer pipes its attached to to send the cobble.

It may not be a machine, but its smaller and faster than a vanilla cobble gen, and can fill a JABBA barrel (64 stacks of 64) in less than an hour with only a couple of the world interaction upgrades.