For MPS, I had the same issue using it in 1.5.2, with MC working for like two minutes then getting laggier and laggier and finally crashing with memory errors. I added the -XX:MaxPermSize=256M to the Java VM command line and have had no issues since. MPS is half written in Scala, so the Scala stuff, like the new Forge Multipart, may just be more memory intensive in its garbage collect (where Perm memory comes into play).

10+ Year Old Account
    Immersed in the tenuous coalition between enmity and amity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannerick View Post
    For MPS, I had the same issue using it in 1.5.2, with MC working for like two minutes then getting laggier and laggier and finally crashing with memory errors. I added the -XX:MaxPermSize=256M to the Java VM command line and have had no issues since. MPS is half written in Scala, so the Scala stuff, like the new Forge Multipart, may just be more memory intensive in its garbage collect (where Perm memory comes into play).
    I took your suggestion and added "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" to my JVM Arguments (I'm using MC Launcher 1.2.1). I added Modular Powersuits 0.8.0.638 to my mods folder, loaded up my world, and played without any issues for the last hour. Thank you, Dannerick!

Quote Originally Posted by Six6igma View Post
    I took your suggestion and added "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" to my JVM Arguments (I'm using MC Launcher 1.2.1). I added Modular Powersuits 0.8.0.638 to my mods folder, loaded up my world, and played without any issues for the last hour. Thank you, Dannerick!
    I'm on a Paid server - and from the looks of things, you can't do that.

Deleted
    Yippee motherboard is dying what a lovely day

I usually download from here: http://www.9minecraft.net/tag/minecraft-1-6-2-mods/
    There are a lot of mods updated to MC 1.6.2 ^^
    Last edited by astoria; 2013-09-09 at 08:41 AM.

For those of you that managed to get Modular Powersuits working, did you load the slick-util.jar file which is listed on the same page with the MPS downloads? I tried it both with and without that mod and it always crashes while loading (not a memory issue as I already have the permsize in my startup.

Also, can't get any version of NEI addons to work. Crashes as soon as I try to select anything in NEI to get a recipe. Tried both the pre33 and pre35 versions with same results. Using the 1.6.1.2 version of NEI. Just trying to see if it works for anyone so I can try to track it down or submit a bug report to the mod author.

Thanks for any assistance.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-08-10 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    @fuzzzie who would u report this to electrodynamics or ic2 lol happens when i press b i have checked mappings and it only thing using it (i changed all others)

http://pastebin.com/8FE4p9Vs
    I would report it to both, but IC2 has been lacking development. I think Player is working on major changes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    They may say they require ModLoader 1.6.2, but they don't. The only modloader I use is the one that comes with Forge.
    Most RML Mods should work with FML, I think.

-----------

Sorry for lack of any updates since Thursday. Got called in to work Friday, worked today and haven't been feeling like being on the computer much. I'll start updates now...

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge Multipart Updated
    • Blood Magic Updated
    • Treecapitator Updated
    • Project Red Updated
    • Nuclear Control Updated
    • Buildcraft Updated
    • NEI Addons Updated

Well it seems I didn't miss much. I'm bookmarking your mod suggestions and I'll take a look at them Monday. I'm taking it easy this weekend. Got work tomorrow again too. Not really in the mood for much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immersed in the tenuous coalition between enmity and amity.
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    For those of you that managed to get Modular Powersuits working, did you load the slick-util.jar file which is listed on the same page with the MPS downloads? I tried it both with and without that mod and it always crashes while loading (not a memory issue as I already have the permsize in my startup).
    I had trouble with Modular Powersuits 0.8.0.638 until I added "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" to my JVM Arguments (I'm using MC Launcher 1.2.1, and I have since expanded the PermSize to 500M). I added Powersuits to my mods folder along with Scala Library (version 2.10.0, I believe), loaded up my world, and have played without any issues ever since.

To answer your question, no, I did not add "slick-util.jar" to my mods folder or anywhere else. Lastly, just for information that might be helpful, my complete JVM Arguments reads "-Xincgc -Xmx3G -XX:MaxPermSize=500M -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true". The two "-Dfml" arguments are there because I installed Harrison_TOM's "CJB Mods" and Infinitiesloop's "Minecraft ControlPack" in a way that requires those arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a heads-up.. The version of Project: Red that is on the first post at this moment (v4.0.0pre.35) was causing a crash during launch. An updated version (Project: Red v4.0.0pre.36) has now been released on the Project: Red GitHub which fixes the problem.
    Last edited by Six6igma; 2013-08-11 at 01:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Six6igma View Post
    Just a heads-up.. The version of Project: Red that is on the first post at this moment (v4.0.0pre.35) was causing a crash during launch. An updated version (Project: Red v4.0.0pre.36) has now been released on the Project: Red GitHub which fixes the problem.
    Cool. Updated that. I'm heading to work soon. I'll have a round of more updates later.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge (Latest) Updated
    • ExtraBiomesXL Updated
    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • Universal Electricity Core Updated
    • Removed Universal Electricity Compat/Prefab, Basic Components Added
    • Resonant Induction Updated
    • Mekanism Updated
    • Atomic Science Updated
    • ICBM Updated
    • MFFS 3 Updated
    • Galacticraft Updated
    • MicdoodleCore Updated

• Industrialcraft 2 Experimental Added

An experimental version of Industrialcraft 2 has been added. This version is not currently supported by the configs nor have I tested it. It only recently had a sucessful build so it's probably not ready for mass consumption. Please use it at your own risk.

Adding some of your suggestions a little later!

Deleted
    how comes none of u use permsize= as well u do know that will cause lag just having maxpermsize on own every time it clears GC i always have permsize=256mb and just xmx 2g never have lag spike even on this old arse laptop

- - - Updated - - -

@ fuzzie updates make my game do this mate lol

i have not tried the ic2 before u think its that

http://pastebin.com/FqApdNPF

- - - Updated - - -

its ue doing it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    how comes none of u use permsize= as well u do know that will cause lag just having maxpermsize on own every time it clears GC i always have permsize=256mb and just xmx 2g never have lag spike even on this old arse laptop

- - - Updated - - -

@ fuzzie updates make my game do this mate lol

i have not tried the ic2 before u think its that

http://pastebin.com/FqApdNPF

- - - Updated - - -

its ue doing it
    I use that java arg

Also, I dont offer any guarantees with the mods I list. Right now a lot of stuff is still in development too. I can only really offer a list. This is why FTB and others are only on 1.5.2 right now and why I will never attempt a modpack If versions are sucking for you then revert. If you need help finding an older version then I'll try to help. I've always tried to stay cutting edge but there are bound to be mods that aren't ready and not every mod will be compatible with the others. I always stress backups and I ask you to include old mod versions to for this reason.

Skedone, I got a crash that appeared to be about the same thing when I changed to UE basic components. I uninstalled UE and went back to the previous version which included Universal Electricity Compat/Prefab and the problem went away. Might try that reverting back and see if that fixes it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Skedone, I got a crash that appeared to be about the same thing when I changed to UE basic components. I uninstalled UE and went back to the previous version which included Universal Electricity Compat/Prefab and the problem went away. Might try that reverting back and see if that fixes it.
    Not 100% sure on the actual issue but he's said that UE Basic Components was having issues. He's making the effort to separate the API core from the mod stuff. It's a WIP so there will be issues. Stick with what works for now, I guess,

Deleted
    Yeah I know guys that's what the edit was for saying it's ue I only posted to let other people know so you don't get a chain of my game Ion't start lol. That's only reason I post that kind of info. I have a rar backup of .minecraft folder that I make before I do updates Lol.

It was that I used to test on laptop and then copy to main pc for play test but can't do that at mo as waiting on new mobo to be delivered today

- - - Updated - - -

also creator of electrodynamics post he has fixed my bug in next version.
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2013-08-12 at 06:06 AM.

Just FYI - looks like the amica thing is fixed in EBXL. (I'm hoping this fixes the fact I can't use bone meal on EBXL trees...)

- - - Updated - - -

And this mod intrigues me: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/508886-162-forge-better-grass-leaves-mod-v162e/

15+ Year Old Account
    Just FYI - looks like the amica thing is fixed in EBXL. (I'm hoping this fixes the fact I can't use bone meal on EBXL trees...)
    Alright, I'll re-enable it for the next config pack.

------

Updates tomorrow morning. Spent the day watching movies and playing a bit of SC2. Not a lot of major updates anyways.

I have a weird issue, that I can't figure out: Bone meal isn't working on EBXL and BOP saplings. Anyone else seeing that?

EDIT: It's not working on birch, tho I get the animation.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Found the problem - it's Galacticraft. Soon as I removed that mod, bone meal started working normally.

- - - Updated - - -

So Fuzzzie, this made me look through the configs, and I noticed something:

dimensions {
    I:idDimensionOverworldOrbit=-27
    }

shouldn't that be just '27' - not '-27'?
    Last edited by sabster; 2013-08-13 at 08:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Fuzzzie, this made me look through the configs, and I noticed something:

dimensions {
    I:idDimensionOverworldOrbit=-27
    }

shouldn't that be just '27' - not '-27'?
    I left it as default so IDK. Does it not work? You can actually have negative dimensions too.

---------

Working on updates now.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge (Latest) Updated
    • Forge Multipart Updated
    • Better World Generation Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated

Not a whole lot of updates today. The IC2 Experimental version seems to be getting somewhere. Still waiting on a lot of things though. A lot of stuff has still to update, it's mid august now and we're still missing a lot of mods. Kinda disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I left it as default so IDK. Does it not work? You can actually have negative dimensions too.
    Didn't know that. BUt I actually didn't try it, it was just something I noticed when I was trying to figure out the bone meal thing....

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know that. BUt I actually didn't try it, it was just something I noticed when I was trying to figure out the bone meal thing....
    Bonemeal needs to be applied a few times to work now. Has been a change since 1.5 I believe. It may work on the 1st use, may only work on the 5th!

-------

• Added Billund

Added this awesome new mod from dan200 and did a little video about it. Not in the configs yet but I plant to add it. It's only 1 block and item ID each though.