Quote Originally Posted by CLorans View Post
    Much obliged. Finally someone who explains well without the need to diss. That seemed to fix it (although the OptiFine C7 is giving me a bit of trouble at the moment). So, we won't be expecting any 'stable' Forge builds for 1.6.4 anymore, right? And mods that are written/updated for .964 should work for older versions?

Thanks again.
    I am probably not going to be much help on Optifine. I haven't used it in a long time since some mod authors won't support it anymore. As to Forge, it does sound like they are putting all of their efforts into the 1.7.x version of Forge which I can certainly understand. I don't know if there will be any more builds of Forge for 1.6.4 or not. Maybe if there are some serious problems that show up with .953. And to your final point about mods built under .964. I really don't think that any mods were really updated to .964. I sort of doubt it. From what LexManos said, .964 is really a pre 1.7.x version. I am running on the test build and on my own play pack on .953 and have not been having any issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ekimans View Post
    I could find the setting for it i looked around before i posted and after your answer.
    whent on official thread and it tells that in lates wersion 4.0.4c he removed the fog

Greevir - Just wanted to mention that your video on setting up multiple profiles is really good. The reason I mention it is that there are tons of videos out there on the same topic that are...well...not.

Good jerb.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - It looks like the Factorization Mediafire download link is set to private, I presume unintentionally, by the mod author. I instead used the Dropbox link, which works fine. I'm disallowed from posting links, as a new user, but you can just follow the "Thread" link from the OP and find it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
    Greevir - Just wanted to mention that your video on setting up multiple profiles is really good. The reason I mention it is that there are tons of videos out there on the same topic that are...well...not.

Good jerb.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - It looks like the Factorization Mediafire download link is set to private, I presume unintentionally, by the mod author. I instead used the Dropbox link, which works fine. I'm disallowed from posting links, as a new user, but you can just follow the "Thread" link from the OP and find it there.
    Thanks man! It's nice to hear I made something useful!

Derp on my part for not seeing the BoP bug fix, sorry for that, however I've run into a new one with Zan's Minimap and the new Morph. If you're in a morphed form, the minimap menu won't come up, it'l be invis, and the morph selection will flicker. Sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Derp on my part for not seeing the BoP bug fix, sorry for that, however I've run into a new one with Zan's Minimap and the new Morph. If you're in a morphed form, the minimap menu won't come up, it'l be invis, and the morph selection will flicker. Sad panda.
    You got me on this one. I use Zan's but not Morph. Maybe look around on the morph forum and see if you can find anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    No changes to the configs for the lastest updates from Fuzzzie (post #5212). Please note that MrCrayFish's Furniture link to 3.2.5 is still broken. Therefore the current configs may or may not (I am betting on the later here) support 3.2.5 when he fixes the link.
    Cool, yeah that's the link he's providing. Nothing I can do to fix it.

I am probably not going to be much help on Optifine. I haven't used it in a long time since some mod authors won't support it anymore. As to Forge, it does sound like they are putting all of their efforts into the 1.7.x version of Forge which I can certainly understand. I don't know if there will be any more builds of Forge for 1.6.4 or not. Maybe if there are some serious problems that show up with .953. And to your final point about mods built under .964. I really don't think that any mods were really updated to .964. I sort of doubt it. From what LexManos said, .964 is really a pre 1.7.x version. I am running on the test build and on my own play pack on .953 and have not been having any issues.
    Only if something really needs to be added for a mod author to roll out a new feature. I would be focusing on the future too. Still no MCP update which is the first thing they need.

------

Updates will happen again tomorrow but not Sunday. I'm switching to a midnight shift for the next while. This means more time during the day for me to do things that I've been neglecting for a long time like make videos etc. I already have the first part of a 2-3 part series on the new Thermal Expansion recorded. Want to get back to my LP too. Getting up at 2:30am every day doesn't afford me a lot of time or energy for it.

Anyways, speaking on that, g2g to bed!

- - - Updated - - -

Before I go, just to let you guys in on the sorta "hidden" update schedule.

I do GUI mods ever other update (did it today, didn't do it yesterday). This is because GUI mods hardly update at all. There's not point in checking them all every time.

Also, the UE mods are only done once per week. This is because the UE stuff is usually a pain in the ass to update since the site is so annoying. There are also usually a lot of builds that don't change much and doing that daily would drive me nuts.

And further new morph troubles, seems at least server side, haven't tried client, using squid to swim insta-crashes the server... Think I'll be sticking with the old version.

Can anyone point me to an explanation of how to troubleshoot crashes by looking at the dev console output or from the forge logs? I assume I look for [severe] issues and work through them and I've handled ID conflicts, but beyond that, I'm not sure what my next plan of attack should be.

Thanks,

Deleted
    Have you used Galacticraft planets? I've an error because he try to load galacticraftcore dependency... Wich isn't here.
    Last edited by mmocbb1e47efaf; 2013-11-23 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arasium View Post
    Have you used Galacticraft planets? I've an error because he try to load galacticraftcore dependency... Wich isn't here.
    I stopped using galacticraft for now you'll have to open up the base file and either remove the base Mekanism mdk from inside it and loose universal cable or replace it with the new version yourself in order to keep using it and I'm not sure how it's doing with Thermal exspansion since it's not been updated since the 12th, unless anyone else has heard otherwise this has been my experience with it.

But the dependencey is Micdoodlecore and it's on the list on page one of the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the update doc - that's perfect! Awesome job guys!

- - - Updated - - -

btw - enchanting plus isn't in the config spreadsheet (unless it's named something weird)

Deleted
    I have been installing some mods that I like from this list in minecraft 1.6.4. I seem to be having problem with tinker's construct and mo'creatures. After alot of testing it seems that everything works fine if I have either tinker's construct installed or mo's creatures installed with my other mods, but if I have both of them at same time, soon after making a new world game starts freezing with high cpu utilization and eventually freezes completelly in game or in "shutting down internal server" screen and I am forced to close it in windows task manager. There is no error report file at all.

I have used the perl script and there does not seem to be any id conflicts in config files that I can see except biomes'o plenty using same biome id twice. Does anyone have any advice how to start trying to figure out why those 2 mods dont seem to like each other and if there is any way to make them work at same time?

Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    Love the update doc - that's perfect! Awesome job guys!

- - - Updated - - -

btw - enchanting plus isn't in the config spreadsheet (unless it's named something weird)
    Nice catch Sabster, I have added it in. Will try to make a pass through the rest later to see if any others are missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baoran View Post
    I have been installing some mods that I like from this list in minecraft 1.6.4. I seem to be having problem with tinker's construct and mo'creatures. After alot of testing it seems that everything works fine if I have either tinker's construct installed or mo's creatures installed with my other mods, but if I have both of them at same time, soon after making a new world game starts freezing with high cpu utilization and eventually freezes completelly in game or in "shutting down internal server" screen and I am forced to close it in windows task manager. There is no error report file at all.

I have used the perl script and there does not seem to be any id conflicts in config files that I can see except biomes'o plenty using same biome id twice. Does anyone have any advice how to start trying to figure out why those 2 mods dont seem to like each other and if there is any way to make them work at same time?
    What are your JVM arguments set to? Sounds like maybe a permgen memory issue.

Deleted

What are your JVM arguments set to? Sounds like maybe a permgen memory issue.

My JVM arguments in my profile are -Xmx5G -Xms2G

Quote Originally Posted by Baoran View Post
    My JVM arguments in my profile are -Xmx5G -Xms2G
    That is probably your problem, or at least the first place I would start. Try these for now...

-Xmx5G -Xms2G -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M

Java has more than one type of memory. With lots of mods added you have to increase the permgen size. There is a more complete set at the end of the changelog which is linked on the OP. But these should work.

Deleted
    new thaumbcraft out will do a test run before i get ready for doctor who night got to recharge my 3d glasses, i know he is stating let it rebuild config again lol

- - - Updated - - -

only diff i see with new config is soulsmasher is now not in it

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    new thaumbcraft out will do a test run before i get ready for doctor who night got to recharge my 3d glasses, i know he is stating let it rebuild config again lol

- - - Updated - - -

only diff i see with new config is soulsmasher is now not in it
    I think the remove your config is in reference to TC3. I tested this both with letting it update the existing config and also letting it build a completely new config. Nothing I saw was removed, just an item called traveling trunk added, but I might have missed something. If Fuzzzie does another update today I will try to do another config update before I leave for the holidays.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-11-23 at 04:56 PM.

Anyone know which are the MOST cpu intensive mods in the list? I can hardly play at all I have ultra low FPS. I have 10GB of ram and an nvidia GTX 650. My cpu is an Athlon X2 245, 2.9Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by KuroNeko87 View Post
    Anyone know which are the MOST cpu intensive mods in the list? I can hardly play at all I have ultra low FPS. I have 10GB of ram and an nvidia GTX 650. My cpu is an Athlon X2 245, 2.9Ghz
    What sort of JVM settings are you using? Maybe you are having java memory issues?
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-11-23 at 05:07 PM.