Super Smash Bros. Brawl mod "Project M" ceasing development

Hello friends,

Six years ago, we started a journey born out of our shared love for competitive fighting games. Eventually, the electrifying passion that coursed through us arced out and drew in more people until our small circle of friends grew into a team, and that team grew into an international community. Project M and its community have grown larger than any of us ever anticipated, and it’s truly heartwarming to see all of the unforgettable connections and friendships that have been forged through this project.

Unfortunately, we’re here to say that we’re at the end of that road.

We’ve learned so much in the process of making Project M—accumulating life-changing lessons in communication, team work, professionalism, work ethic, and more—but there’s only so far we can take those skills in a volunteer project. With this in mind, we’ve made a difficult business decision: We’re ready to finish development here and move on to bigger and better ventures.

We realize that this will come as a shock to many of our fans. Please, forgive us. Again, it’s been an excruciating call to make, but it’s been made a bit easier by our satisfaction with the previous and final release, v3.6. We’ve spent six years polishing Project M, and rather than let it drag on through another several years of dwindling development and change-fatigue in the competitive circle, we’re going to consider our work complete.

In the mean time, we plan to be hard at work on new projects, built from the ground up. We can’t spill the beans just yet, but know that we’re looking towards a fresh start with brand new designs. Rather than splitting our focus, many of us want to dedicate ourselves to this new venture fully. In this way, we hope to maintain the level of quality and professionalism you’ve come to expect from us.

In summary, we are ceasing development of Project M (effective immediately) and will be making no further releases as we turn our attention towards an entirely new venture. As the PMDev team will be formally disbanded, please forward all official communications regarding Project M to video game attorney and business consultant . We appreciate your support and your understanding.

One final time,

PMDev

Thank you for playing!
    http://projectmgame.com/en/

Good riddance to a shitty mod for a shitty game that belong to a shitty series of games only loved by some of the world's biggest losers.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-12-02 at 05:58 AM.

I didn't know what it was before now. Had to google it. Apparently it was a mod to make Super Smash Brothers Brawl more like Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Considering a new part of the game series is already out, it's probably the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    Good riddance to a shitty mod for a shitty game that belong to a shitty series of games only loved by some of the world's biggest losers.
    This is more salt than the entire ocean, I'm not sure why you would claim something is bad just because you don't like it.

Either way, if that's what they want to do, then so be it. It's not like stopping new updates will stop people from playing it.

PM was just unneeded at this point. People that want to play melee just still play melee and others can play smash 4. The only reason PM was even something is because brawl was a piece of garbage to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way they talk seems like they plan on mKing thier own beat em up. if so..well look forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly. Kinda glad. I am tired of the hypocritical players of project M. I know too many who rage when exploits/bugs are in other games, but gave Melee a pass. "Because its meant to be played with exploits". Brawl has its issues, mine are the speed of the characters combined with tripping and character balance, but I know people who raged at the lack of exploits more than anything else. That's like telling Bethesda to keep up the buggy work!

Smash 4 is better than melee. Its clone issue is less severe as there are more characters, the speed makes sense, its far more balanced, and its not as exploitable... oh and it can be patched if there are balance issues or exploitable issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Honestly. Kinda glad. I am tired of the hypocritical players of project M. I know too many who rage when exploits/bugs are in other games, but gave Melee a pass. "Because its meant to be played with exploits". Brawl has its issues, mine are the speed of the characters combined with tripping and character balance, but I know people who raged at the lack of exploits more than anything else. That's like telling Bethesda to keep up the buggy work!

Smash 4 is better than melee. Its clone issue is less severe as there are more characters, the speed makes sense, its far more balanced, and its not as exploitable... oh and it can be patched if there are balance issues or exploitable issues.
    Lol so basically ppl who like project m just like the fact they could win cause of a shitty system. Also what is with slowness ppl talk about? Brawl seemed pretty decent to me and 4 is the same, wish the new chars were a bit but eh oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Lol so basically ppl who like project m just like the fact they could win cause of a shitty system.
    No, melee was made better because of an unintended mechanic. Saying its a shitty system would be like saying quake was shitty because strafe jumping was initially a bug, but they still kept it in the game after the first "bug". Hes talking about wave dashing. In melee its a technique hard to master which makes some unviable characters viable. Like samus and ganondorf. The general speed of melee is much faster then smash 4 and smash 4 is much faster then brawl. The only reason brawl matches are faster then smash 4 is because more then half the player base just played fucking metaknight.

Well here you have it.
    Shocker.

tl;dr:
    Nintendo Nuked Project M and treated them with a gajilion dollar lawsuit for unknown reasons, there are 3 speculated hints

1) Squeenix gave out restrictions to nintendo as they gave them rights for Cloud and Nintendo avoided this as long as possible
    2) Isaac or Knuckles probably gets added from the character vote or it is something related to that, which we will see in that smash direc in 3 weeks
    3) nintendo realized that the Wii and Brawl isn't selling anymore, so they were in direct competition with smash4 and its amiiboo content, so they got rid of that competition part