So Just FYI Fuzzy. There is now a version of Opis and MobiusCore available for 1.7.10:

minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/76734-mobiuscore/files
    and
    minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/73832-opis/files

Works great for me! Just thought you'd like to know!

Quote Originally Posted by jefrbunn View Post
    So Just FYI Fuzzy. There is now a version of Opis and MobiusCore available for 1.7.10:

minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/76734-mobiuscore/files
    and
    minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/73832-opis/files

Works great for me! Just thought you'd like to know!
    Opis for 1.7.10 has been around for several weeks now, however there are still a lot of bugs in Mapwriter for 1.7.10 (the core code for Opis). Waypoints will not be saved between sessions and the revealed map areas can get lost as well. I still like Opis better than most mapping mods, but I have added Rei just so I can get saved waypoints. I have it configured so that Rei is my mini-map and Opis is my large tactical map.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys! I'm back!

I've actually been traveling for the past week or so. Haven't had much time to be online and do anything and updates kinda died I guess. I think at this point I'm going to move on. I wanted to wait for 1.8 but life is moving too fast for me at the moment.

People have asked me for the thread source so they can continue the thread. If you're brave and want it to keep going then here you go:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8375716/

That is the current, live iteration of the BBcode.

If you choose to continue the thread then I will support you as best I can. PM me here and I'll give you my email address so I can help you get started easier.

If no one wants to do it then so be it. It's been a fun ride for a long time but I had to cut back on PC time and doing the list 2-3 times a week ate up a lot of my free time. I still love the game and it's modding community, but real life plus a declining interest in playing has lead me to this. I'll be around still if you want to talk or get my opinion on something I'm @Fuzzzie on twitter and I'll be on MMOC here and there.

Thank you for almost 2 years of support guys!

- - - Updated - - -

In addition, people I want to thank personally for their support over the past 2 years...

@greevir - Has always been an amazing friend and a cool person to talk to both about the game or whatever is on our minds.
    @laguy442 - The man that maintained the configs for so very long! The success of this thread is owed to him as much as it is me. Amazing guy!
    @skedone - Is a great friend and awesome guy who has supported me from the beginning! Loved our skype discussions!
    @tedyhere - Tedy is just an awesome guy. I miss his server the most!
    @Vaygrim - One of the coolest cats I know and a definite up-and-coming YT celeb! The voice that makes you listen and the experience that helps you learn!
    @neolojik - We lost touch but I always loved his great attitude and awesome builds!
    @Bambiiable - Who is an awesome Livestreamer, awesome musician and all around great guy.
    @AshZification - Who has been an awesome friend and a great person to talk to about anything.
    @ProfMobius - Brilliant modder who has supported me a lot. His beautiful french accent gets me every time
    @BevoLJ - His support and referals got a lot of traffic here. Awesome LP's and tutorial videos. All around great guy.

I could go on and on, but these guys represent the core of the people i talked to the most and exchanged ideas with. They are all very smart, funny, awesome people that deserve more praise than I could possibly give them. I hope to continue our dialogue and friendship beyond this community.

<3 you all!

Fuzzzie

Noticed you have decided to move on. I have to tell you that all of us owe you a huge debt of gratitude for all of the work you have put in. Although I haven't been active in awhile on the forum I still am around and have been watching from afar. I can't even begin to imagine the number of hours of your personal time you have spent updating this thread and providing quality info to the modding community. I for one will greatly miss you and hope to still get a chance to chat from time to time.

With much respect

Laguy442

Deleted
    OI get get to the computer and update the bloody thread i did not say you can stop now get back to work young man dont make me ground you again lol

nah all the best dude hope work keeps going at that pace (nothing better than doing stuff you love)

dont be a stranger tho ok you know were to find me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Fuzzzie

Noticed you have decided to move on. I have to tell you that all of us owe you a huge debt of gratitude for all of the work you have put in. Although I haven't been active in awhile on the forum I still am around and have been watching from afar. I can't even begin to imagine the number of hours of your personal time you have spent updating this thread and providing quality info to the modding community. I for one will greatly miss you and hope to still get a chance to chat from time to time.

With much respect

Laguy442
    Thanks man! And thank you for all the many, many hours you put in on the configs. I and everyone here really appreciated your hard work! It was a tough decision to make since I love this thread and community so much. Truth be told I haven't really been interested in MC for some time and after several attempts to get into playing again I decided I was done. Maybe in the future I can try again, but for now I'm moving on. It's really hard to maintain the level of quality that the community deserves and I feel like there are other modlists and modpacks out there that do a fantastic job.

I'm proud of the role I played though and am grateful for all the support!

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    OI get get to the computer and update the bloody thread i did not say you can stop now get back to work young man dont make me ground you again lol

nah all the best dude hope work keeps going at that pace (nothing better than doing stuff you love)

dont be a stranger tho ok you know were to find me
    Yep, you know where to find me too! I'm on twitter still, same email etc. I'll be back on Steam once things settle down with the new job. Just been playing a bunch of KSP (with a lot of mods... lol) and enjoying that. Work is like 80% of my time though.

Fuzzzie,

I will sorely miss this list and all the work you put into it. You have always been my go-to guide for all modded minecraft. If I thought I had a quarter of your perseverance, I would pick up the list from you and keep it going. I check just the small list of mods (70 or so) I have up in my current server every other day or so for updates. But that doesn't include writing up the new new link and posting it, or checking all the mods I don't play with.

Thank you so much for all the work you and everyone else has done over the years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannerick View Post
    Fuzzzie,

I will sorely miss this list and all the work you put into it. You have always been my go-to guide for all modded minecraft. If I thought I had a quarter of your perseverance, I would pick up the list from you and keep it going. I check just the small list of mods (70 or so) I have up in my current server every other day or so for updates. But that doesn't include writing up the new new link and posting it, or checking all the mods I don't play with.

Thank you so much for all the work you and everyone else has done over the years.
    Thank you for the kind words. It has been my pleasure. I don't expect anyone to continue the list. If I could do it all again I would create a blog or use another service rather than a forum. MMO-C as well as a lot of forums don't offer the code capabilities that I could get using HTML or other.

Using this platform was always more about community interaction. I was limited therfore with size (about 1/3 of the average screen). Given the opportunity I would have done more. I looked at migrating to other places such as the FTB forums and MCF but the same issue persisted. Actually, MMO-C was the best place to do this after-all.

If anyone has ambitions to start a modlist then I strongly suggest using HTML and creating a site. Forums are far too limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. It has been my pleasure. I don't expect anyone to continue the list. If I could do it all again I would create a blog or use another service rather than a forum. MMO-C as well as a lot of forums don't offer the code capabilities that I could get using HTML or other.

Using this platform was always more about community interaction. I was limited therfore with size (about 1/3 of the average screen). Given the opportunity I would have done more. I looked at migrating to other places such as the FTB forums and MCF but the same issue persisted. Actually, MMO-C was the best place to do this after-all.

If anyone has ambitions to start a modlist then I strongly suggest using HTML and creating a site. Forums are far too limiting.
    From the list point of view, you are probably correct. But the best part of this whole experience is the interaction with all the other players. Being able to post trouble shooting info, setup tips and just general discussions of the modded community.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

15+ Year Old Account
    ***Cough***

***Cough***

... man.. I've got something stuck in my throat....

Oh shit! It's a massive update...!!

For Download Links and Information regarding the updates below, please visit the OP! ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470 )

1.7.10 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • CodeChickenCore Updated
    • EnderStorage Updated
    • NEI (Not Enough Items) Updated
    • Translocator Updated
    • Advanced Genetics Updated
    • Bibliocraft Updated
    • Bibliowoods BoP Updated
    • Bibliowoods Forestry Updated
    • Bibliowoods Natura Updated
    • Biomes O Plenty Updated
    • Botania Updated
    • Baubles Updated
    • Carpenter Blocks Updated
    • Chisel Updated
    • Crafting Pillars Updated
    • Dynamic Tanks Updated
    • Electrical Age Updated
    • Ender IO Updated
    • Ender Utilties Updated
    • Enhanced Portals 3 Updated
    • Equivalent Exchange 3 Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Extra Utilities Updated
    • Factorization Updated
    • Flaxbeard's Steam Power Updated
    • Forbidden Magic Updated
    • Forge Multipart Updated
    • Hardcore Questing Mod Updated
    • Immibis Core Updated
    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Mariculture Updated
    • Mekanism Updated
    • OpenBlocks Updated
    • OpenComputers Updated
    • Pneumaticraft Updated
    • Power Convertors Updated
    • Progressive Automation Updated
    • Project Red Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • RandomThings Updated
    • Refined Reloacation Updated
    • Remote IO Updated
    • Simply Jetpacks
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Steve's Factory Manager Updated
    • Thaumcraft 4 updated
    • Thaumic Tinkerer Updated
    • CoFH Core Updated
    • Thermal Foundation Updated
    • Minefactory Reloaded Updated
    • CoFHLib Updated
    • Tinkerers Construct Updated
    • Mantle Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 EXP Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • Gravitation Suite Updated
    • Buildcrat 6 Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Big Reactors Updated
    • Gendustry Updated
    • BDLib Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • NEI Addons Updated
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated
    • Waila Updated

Might be my last one. I felt I should at least bring it up to date for the month before quitting. Probably the biggest update I ever did. 2 hrs + :P

Anyways, enjoy guys. I'll be around. No promises on any further updates.

Might be my last one. I felt I should at least bring it up to date for the month before quitting. Probably the biggest update I ever did. 2 hrs + :P

Anyways, enjoy guys. I'll be around. No promises on any further updates.
    No promises needed, Fuzzzie! You've carried this torch for long enough, and we are very appreciative of all you've done!

Now, let's see what we can do to keep it burning

My first instinct is a Wiki of some sort, but that can be hard to manage without a central figure to organize everything.

What about reaching out to Dynious, of the Version Checker mod, and offering to help him make Version Checker the most comprehensive update utility possible?

The most recent version of Version Checker has support for dozens of mods, but many of them use the "easier" of the four options he suggests for compatibility (see under the "Info for Mod Authors" spoiler tags). I.e., instead of a direct link to the mod download, it simply takes you to the website.

I could ask Dynious' help to draft a template that should be usable even by people who know nothing of coding, and we could divide the mods here up among anyone who is interested in helping. Then, each of us would contact our assigned mod authors and, armed with that template, ask them for the information we'd need to fill in the template for them, hopefully bringing them up to the highest tier of Version Checker compatibility.

I suspect mod authors would like to support Version Checker (after all, people submitting bugs because they're using out-dated versions of mods is a huge PITA for mod authors), but they're too busy making mods to fiddle with all the necessary compatibility tie ins. We could help bridge that gap by acting as liaisons (or missionaries, preaching the glory of Version Checker!)

Whaddaya'll think? Or do you have another idea on how we can keep this convenient updating service going?
    Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eunomiac View Post
    No promises needed, Fuzzzie! You've carried this torch for long enough, and we are very appreciative of all you've done!

Now, let's see what we can do to keep it burning

My first instinct is a Wiki of some sort, but that can be hard to manage without a central figure to organize everything.
    I've considered a number of options as well. A large part of the list has always been discussion and the forum here has always offered that in an easy fashion.

[QUOTE=Eunomiac;29610923]What about reaching out to Dynious, of the Version Checker mod, and offering to help him make Version Checker the most comprehensive update utility possible?

The most recent version of Version Checker has support for dozens of mods, but many of them use the "easier" of the four options he suggests for compatibility (see under the "Info for Mod Authors" spoiler tags). I.e., instead of a direct link to the mod download, it simply takes you to the website.

I could ask Dynious' help to draft a template that should be usable even by people who know nothing of coding, and we could divide the mods here up among anyone who is interested in helping. Then, each of us would contact our assigned mod authors and, armed with that template, ask them for the information we'd need to fill in the template for them, hopefully bringing them up to the highest tier of Version Checker compatibility.
    It's certainly an idea. In my experience, mod authors change their release partners quite often. Mods will go from using github to curse to any number of file sharing services from week to week. Some mod authors might be down for the idea but many have been pretty specific about how they want their mods released.

ya'll think? Or do you have another idea on how we can keep this convenient updating service going?
    I'm certainly interested. I would need to see a demonstration to really get behind it though. I think my efforts are at an end at this point. As I've said, modpacks have kinda done away with this sort of mod installation.

To expand on that. I recommend players look to modpacks at this point. There are soooo many good options out there that will fit just about every play style. Almost all the launchers will allow you to add and remove mods as well. From a pain-in-the-ass point of view, modpacks will give you the least worry. They come with usually decent configs that address all the issues installing mods comes with.

It kinda goes against what I initially preached, but back when i started the list there were no real good modpacks. In the last 2 years things have come a long, long way.

This sort of installing of individual mods and configuring each one is a dying art. I feel like it's not a bad thing either. Players would rather have things work out of the box than fiddle with item ID's and conflicts for 6 hours.

It's just another reason I feel the list has run it's course. I appreciate those who develop their own packs and do custom things, that will always be a cool thing. At this point there are just better opitions for 90% of players. Hell, I've been using FTB and AT Launcher packs for ages now anyways..

I pulled down a copy of your BB code and I'm not sure how you've done it that way for so long. I even tried a couple of BB WYSIWYG editors but they either didn't work or didn't like the table code from your list. If you've been updating that list manually for 2 years...I salute you!

My thought was the same as yours....needing to do it in HTML. I was considering setting up a website, with a forum, that everyone could use. I'm just not sure if everyone would like having to go to a new forum and sign up. I also need a good domain name. Any suggestions from the group would be welcome. If anyone wants to let me know what they think of having this list hosted on it's own site with a forum there, lmk.
    Last edited by rckymtnrfc; 2014-09-24 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Words

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnrfc View Post
    I pulled down a copy of your BB code and I'm not sure how you've done it that way for so long. I even tried a couple of BB WYSIWYG editors but they either didn't work or didn't like the table code from your list. If you've been updating that list manually for 2 years...I salute you!
    I've gotten really good with BBCode. I used a bbcode editor in the beginning to give the list a bit of flesh and get the words aligned right. CTRL-C built the list. Any time a new mod was added I just copied another mod then edited the detail.

Here is the more recent BB code for the list after the last huge update: http://paste.ubuntu.com/8428311/

My thought was the same as yours....needing to do it in HTML. I was considering setting up a website, with a forum, that everyone could use. I'm just not sure if everyone would like having to go to a new forum and sign up. I also need a good domain name. Any suggestions from the group would be welcome. If anyone wants to let me know what they think of having this list hosted on it's own site with a forum there, lmk.
    The interactivity was always holding me back. We've got so many great readers here that I feel like I would lose about 75% in an HTML transition. It's up to you though. It took me 2 years to get to where the list is now. A new HTML iteration will go through the same thing. It takes a lot of time.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2014-09-25 at 09:23 PM.

No one on my server knows whats wrong, and googling it hasnt helped. Maybe you guys will. I have logistics pipes hooked up to my ae system. Randomly some of the crafting pipes, and basic pipes and provider pipes will quit working until I replace them. Does anyone know whats causing this? I have plenty of power to my me system.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Tryed 1.7.2 today on local first.Cant worl around this erorr http://pastebin.com/aP1J1RGt.Happens when I try to load or create world.Need help

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsdor View Post
    Tryed 1.7.2 today on local first.Cant worl around this erorr http://pastebin.com/aP1J1RGt. Happens when I try to load or create world.Need help
    You got a null pointer exception as soon as you logged on. We would need to see the FML log to try and identify the cause of the error.

this one? http://pastebin.com/gkx0AKKA even bigger and stranger for me

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsdor View Post
    this one? http://pastebin.com/gkx0AKKA even bigger and stranger for me
    It looks like the version of mobiuscore you are using is not correct. You specifically need a one for 1.7.2. You are also running a mixup of mods for 1.7.10 and 1.7.2. Some will work correctly on both versions of minecraft, but there are many that won't. You need to specifically pick which version of minecraft you are going to use, 1.7.10 or 1.7.2, and only use mods that have been written to use that version or have been confirmed to work on both versions. I would select 1.7.10 as that version has more of the dev work being done and has more mods working.

I've gotten really good with BBCode. I used a bbcode editor in the beginning to give the list a bit of flesh and get the words aligned right. CTRL-C built the list. Any time a new mod was added I just copied another mod then edited the detail.

Here is the more recent BB code for the list after the last huge update: http://paste.ubuntu.com/8428311/

The interactivity was always holding me back. We've got so many great readers here that I feel like I would lose about 75% in an HTML transition. It's up to you though. It took me 2 years to get to where the list is now. A new HTML iteration will go through the same thing. It takes a lot of time.
    I purchased modupdates.com this weekend and converted your code to HTML. And by convert I mean redid it by hand. I couldn't get any of the BB Code converters to work with the BB table code you had. At least I only have to do that once. I also just finished my first updated....rather large, so it took awhile. I'm sure I'll get faster at it as I do it more. My plan is to update 3 times a week. You can view the change log on the site to find out what changed. If anyone finds any bugs or problems with the links let me know. There is a Discussion page that has a running thread. For now I just created a single thread for everything. I figured it didn't need an entire forum with various threads atm.

I'll be making changes and tweaking things over the coming days. There are some small visual bugs I need to fix, donation links to add and some plugins I want to add to the forum so it acts more like we are used to here on MMO. Bare with me as I fix (and break) things as I work on finalizing things.