Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Retarded chain mail

People honestly still do this?

I thought this was some bullshit that died out around 2007 but I just got this horseshit from someone in an email and I am honestly at a loss for words at how stupid you need to be to believe this shit.

And the people who do believe it get even more "radical" about it because of the stupid confirmation bias "hey I propagated spam, and I found a loonie on the street, MAGIC"

Code:
    This   is without a doubt one of the nicest good  luck  forwards I have received.. Hope it  works for you  -- and me!  

Lotus   Touts: You have 6  minutes

There's   some mighty fine advice in these words,  even if  you're not superstitious. This  Lotus Touts has  been sent to you for good  luck from the Anthony  Robbins  organization. It has been sent around  the  world ten times so far.  

Do   not keep this message.

The   Lotus Touts must leave your hands in 6  MINUTES.  Otherwise you will get a very  unpleasant  surprise. This is true, even if  you are not  superstitious, agnostic, or  otherwise faith  impaired.  

ONE.  Give   people more than they expect and do it   cheerfully.   

TWO.   Marry  a man/woman  you love to talk to. As you get  older,  their conversational skills will be as   important as any other.  

THREE.  Don't   believe all you hear, spend all you have  or  sleep all you want.  

FOUR.   When  you say, 'I love  you,' mean   it.    

FIVE.   When  you say, 'I'm  sorry,' look the person in the  eye.  

SIX.  Be   engaged at least six months before you get   married.  

SEVEN.  Believe   in love at first   sight.  

EIGHT.  Never   laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't  have  dreams don't have much.   

NINE...   Love  deeply and  passionately. You might get hurt but  it's  the only way to live life completely.  

TEN..   In  disagreements,  fight fairly. No name calling.   

ELEVEN.    Don't   judge people by their   relatives.   

TWELVE.   Talk  slowly but think   quickly.   

THIRTEEN.  When  someone asks  you a question you don't want to  answer,  smile and ask, 'Why do you want to  know?'  

FOURTEEN.   Remember  that great  love and great achievements involve  great  risk. 

FIFTEEN.   Say  'bless you' when  you hear someone sneeze.   

SIXTEEN.   When  you lose, don't  lose the   lesson.   

SEVENTEEN.   Remember  the three  R's: Respect for self; Respect for  others;  and Responsibility for all your actions.   

EIGHTEEN.   Don't  let a little  dispute injure a great friendship.   

NINETEEN.   When  you realize you've  made a mistake, take  immediate steps to  correct   it.   

TWENTY.  Smile when picking up the phone.  The  caller will hear it in your  voice    

TWENTY-   ONE. Spend  some time  alone.  

Now,   here's the FUN part! 

Send this to  at  least 5 people and your life will  improve.  

1-4  people: Your  life will improve slightly.  

5-9   people: Your life will improve to your  liking.   

9-14   people: You will have at least 5 surprises  in  the next 3 weeks 

15  and  above: Your life will improve drastically   and everything you ever dreamed of will  begin to  take shape. 

A   true friend is someone who reaches for  your hand  and touches your   heart. Do  not keep this   message.   ·

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ignore any message with "send this if you want X to happen/don't want X to happen/etc... to you". It works more or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    people get bored. i dont really understand it either but i assume its just boredom and trying to pass along something that mildly entertained them.

/shrug. Just ignore & trash can it.
    Hi

I thought this was going to be a post about how chainmail armor is retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like i'm 10 again after reading that

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    lol that's what I thought too

i find it funny that in your complaint about spam e-mail you spammed us with said e-mail your part of the problem man!

Damnit, now I have to send a lot of e-mails again!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I haven't seen a chain letter since AOL days.

It strikes me as the kind of thing people would tend to be superstitious about, for no apparent reason. I've never been one for superstitions.
    "Face the faith and strength that you once embodied."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Zeine/simple

So did I. When I saw it was about one of those stupid "send this to x people" things I quit reading.

Deleted
    I haven't had a mail like that for a long time. When I do, I just ignore it, mark as spam/delete it and move on.

I see it all over youtube comments. Its the most retarded thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this topic would be about the horrible look of chain mail in Guild Wars 2 - I'm a bit disappointed.

OT: I've not had one of those in ages, and when I do I ignore and delete, that is if it gets through my spam mail filter.

At least it gave me a chuckle and a new favourite expression to add to the list: Faith impaired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg the grammar in that chain mail. *RAGE*

I thought I was the only one thinking this.

Haha awesome. XD

As for the spam mail chains, I surprisingly haven't gotten one of those in years (thank god) but I never thought they died out.. just that my contacts got smarter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post

HAHAHAHAH. Whew, I wasn't the only one.

I expected it to be some Tauren wearing it and it being half way up his torso, going into his torso, coming out of his back, who knows!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post

Hahaha I thought the same thing.

OT: That sort of spam mail was very popular at one time and it may still be with old people (my grandmother still sends me stuff like this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here XD

O.T: well i just ignore those things... is like the FB images that say "Share these or X thing will happen, or share these if you want X to happen to you"

Deleted
    Theres still some chainmail going that was created in 94 or something, thats crazy..
    I instantly remove these mails personally.